Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will not load

I can get through the update and to the loading splash screen, but as soon as it would normally get to the character selection/creation screen, it closes back to desk-top.

?

Comments

• kaa0sl0vekaa0sl0ve Member Posts: 30

vanguard is VERY unstable ever since it launched

players OFTEN had to DOWNGRADE their video card drivers for nvidia / ATI just to make the game run

this is due to the LACK of a game engine programmer on their development team which means these instabilities will NEVER go AWAY

the newer your video card gets the less it will be compatible with vanguard

don't waste your time this game is shutting down soon

the servers are getting merged due to the lack of population

• GPrestigeGPrestige Member UncommonPosts: 523
    Originally posted by kaa0sl0ve

players OFTEN had to DOWNGRADE their video card drivers for nvidia / ATI just to make the game run
    this is due to the LACK of a game engine programmer on their development team which means these instabilities will NEVER go AWAY

This guy is full of crap when it comes to the video card bull. Get the latest drivers, and check around the forums, there are others with the same problem and they have corrected it. With the game possibly being shut down in the near future... that is very possible, however. I love the game, but not worth the time investment anymore.

-Computer specs no one cares about: check.

-MMOs played no one cares about: check.

-Xfire stats no one cares about: check.

-Signature no one cares about: check.

------------------------------------------------------------
    -Narcissism: check.

Originally posted by GPrestige

This guy is full of crap when it comes to the video card bull. Get the latest drivers, and check around the forums, there are others with the same problem and they have corrected it. With the game possibly being shut down in the near future... that is very possible, however. I love the game, but not worth the time investment anymore.

GET your $hit straight GPrestige do you even play the game?

what is your current game progression in vanguard?

you sound like an alt a holic troll who hasn't even done any content past 50

The game engine instabilities are THERE it happens often in group / raid play

what are these instabilities on the graphics engine?

a. crashing

b. flickering graphics, un - textured areas

c. memory leaks after prolonged playtime

take it from me I played since launch and have recently QUIT due to the lack of support from SOE to fix the numerous bugs and performance issues within the game

coupled with an incompetent development team that does NO Quality Assurance Checking after each patch bugs just compound instead of getting resolved.

PROOF that this GAME gets less and less compatible with newer video cards due to lack of support from its development team

Posted on Jan. 08, 2010

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/posts/list.m?topic_id=52079

as you can see an 8800 GT card is not that OLD of a card considering Vanguard was made 3 years ago

Posted on Nov. 30, 2009

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/posts/list.m?topic_id=51641

this person downloaded the NEWEST drivers and they are NOT compatible

don't kid yourself this game is VERY unstable

read the forum posts on PERFORMANCE SUPPORT section

you will find that issues SINCE launch are still there 3 years after the game has been out

they never got fixed

further proof that the game has NO graphics programmer

the original graphics engine programmer who modified the U.E. 2.0  Ryan Elam got fired along with the many Sigil Employees when SOE took over

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

I have a slammer home pc, and an $800 Laptop with just a Nivida GeForce 8600m GS card installed from the factory.  And I downloaded Vanguard on both and the game plays very good, no problems at all.

My point.........Unless you have a computer thats not built for gaming at all, it should play.

In my opinion the NEWEST, cheaper computers loaded with Windows Vista 64 bit and 4 gigs of Ram are worst then ever before for gaming, their resource hogs.

I'm no expert, but if you have a computer built for gaming, I would guess you have a bad download.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

PROOF that this GAME gets less and less compatible with newer video cards due to lack of support from its development team
    Posted on Jan. 08, 2010
    as you can see an 8800 GT card is not that OLD of a card considering Vanguard was made 3 years ago

Posted on Nov. 30, 2009

you will find that issues SINCE launch are still there 3 years after the game has been out
    they never got fixed
    the original graphics engine programmer who modified the U.E. 2.0  Ryan Elam got fired along with the many Sigil Employees when SOE took over

Don't fool yourself into believing that either Nvidia or ATI support their old hardware in new drivers release as much as they do with newer hardware. ATI reduced support for 19xx series of card to every third driver release last year. 7900 is as old as the 1900 cards from ATI, 8800 just slightly newer, but I am not checking Nvidias support in their drivers for you.

But ofcourse you won't take this into account (even if you already knew about it). :/

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• Kungaloosh1Kungaloosh1 Member Posts: 260

Troy, i would bring your question to the Vanguard forums. You should be able to get an answer and not a flame war.

Originally posted by Orphes

Posted on Jan. 08, 2010

Posted on Nov. 30, 2009

they never got fixed

Don't fool yourself into believing that either Nvidia or ATI support their old hardware in new drivers release as much as they do with newer hardware. ATI reduced support for 19xx series of card to every third driver release last year. 7900 is as old as the 1900 cards from ATI, 8800 just slightly newer, but I am not checking Nvidias support in their drivers for you.

But ofcourse you won't take this into account (even if you already knew about it). :/

compare it to Age of Connan performance wise its not even as severe as vanguard hitching problems

compare it to Aion it just blows it out of the water as the game is smooth and doesnt have any hitching or severe video performance problems

compare it to an old game Everquest II it doesnt even have the graphical anomalies, and instabilities that Vanguard has

You can clearly tell Orphes has not played Vanguard since he can't even tell the SEVERE HITCHING performance issues when going into a cities like

New Targonor, Khal, Ahgram

Players crashing during raids, or grouping

games like AoC, EQ 2, Aion, and other whenever these problems crop up have had these issues resolved

yet Vanguard is going on for over 3 years and its still hasn't even fixed the basics of its problems like hitching / crashing issues

and the bugs continually compound due to lack of developer support

[Mod Edit]

• troydavidtroydavid Member Posts: 150

well, this sucks, and makes sense.  I have two 8800 gt's and just updated the drivers. . . They were giving me problems with Fallen Earth, that  is until I updeated the drivers.

Thanks

T

• troydavidtroydavid Member Posts: 150

And now Vangaurd wants me to re-install an older driver. . .

WTF

T

• EATtheDEADEATtheDEAD Member Posts: 207

first question? why are you even trying to play vanguard? that game was a flaming heap of trash since beta.  and i was a dumbass to actually be fooled into preordering the collectors edition thinking it was the holy grail of mmo's come to rescue me from my doomed games being eaten by the WoW juggernaut.

anyways, this game is just rotting in SOE's basement. dont bother

--------------------------------------
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The force shall free me.
    -the Sith code

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221
    Originally posted by troydavid

And now Vangaurd wants me to re-install an older driver. . .
    WTF
    T

Thats not unusual. I remember a lot of Nvidia users were rolling back their drivers to run Mass Effect.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Originally posted by Orphes

Posted on Jan. 08, 2010

Posted on Nov. 30, 2009

they never got fixed

compare it to Age of Connan performance wise its not even as severe as vanguard hitching problems

compare it to Aion it just blows it out of the water as the game is smooth and doesnt have any hitching or severe video performance problems

compare it to an old game Everquest II it doesnt even have the graphical anomalies, and instabilities that Vanguard has

Why?

Worse support in newer drivers is not something new. Again don't fool yourself into believing that a company (ATI, Nvidia) supports 3 year old hardware in the same degree as one released the last year. Doesn't matter what the game is.

You can clearly tell Orphes has not played Vanguard since he can't even tell the SEVERE HITCHING performance issues when going into a cities like

I, Orphes, never played Vanguard... Actually you would be better off saying... well something else.

:S

But thanks, in a wierd sence of the word.

New Targonor, Khal, Ahgram

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KuHNvUafLw

I would say that you never been to Khal then...

Players crashing during raids, or grouping

[Mod Edit]

Oh, nice, I do hope that you can converse with people in real life without having someone moderate you :S

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"