Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Death Penalty

dubledubdubledub Member Posts: 229

Anyone know anything about a death penalty? I can't remember what happened in GW1.. I'm pretty sure it was nothing but I like the idea of a death penalty so I hope they implement one in GW2

Comments

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

I'm just going to quote the wiki on GW's death penalty.

Death Penalty (DP) is a penalty applied to characters for dying, and applies to most areas of PvE and PvP. Whenever a player dies in applicable areas, his/her maximum health and energy levels (before the effects of skills or equipment) are reduced by 15%. Each consecutive death stacks on more DP, increasing by 15% every time, up to a maximum of 60%. You can work off DP by earning experience points in battle, or more quickly by gaining morale boosts from enemy bosses. Once the DP is reduced to 0%, any morale boost gained after this will increase the Health and energy levels of a character. Death penalty can be thought of as "negative morale" when adding the effects of morale boosts. All Death Penalties are canceled when you return to a town or outpost. Death Penalties also apply to pets in PvP.

Exceptions which allow one to die without accruing death penalty are as follow:

Deaths in towns (from special events)

Non-damage based instant death game mechanics in PvE, such as from Sulfurous Haze, crushing machines in Sorrow's Furnace, or hit by giant boulders and snowballs.

Deaths in Pre-Searing Ascalon.

Deaths due to the effects of Vengeance, Unyielding Aura (PvP), or Death Pact Signet.

Dying within five seconds of resurrection.

Deaths in certain PvP battle types, such as The Crag, Alliance Battles, Jade Quarry, and Fort Aspenwood.

For GW2? Nobody knows yet.