Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a little info.

I just recently came back to SWG, I started a jedi and noticed on the expertise tree that there was an option for beast mastery. Is this an alternate class? Mainly the reason I ask, I want to create a traditional RP dark jedi, but when i build the spec with an expertise calculator, there are no more points left to put into this beast mastery tree. Can somone help me out and explain to me what this alterate tree is worth.

Its been a few years since I last tried this game, I stopped around the NGE bomb, but I have to say other than the combat bugs and the touchy targeting system the game really has improved in level progression.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

All classes have the option of being Beast Masters also.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

After the combat professions in SWG got expertise abilities reworked (abilities became more point intensive in some), only a couple of professions work well enough with the Beast Mastery profession to be worth while and truly viable. The way Jedi is now set up with the Light and Dark sides, there is really no way to take up BM without seriously gimping your toon. The best professions that work reasonably well with BM is Medic,  Commando and maybe Bounty Hunter to some extent.

The Beast Master forum at the O-boards has links that will show different possible BM/combat profession templates that may interest you.