Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it done?

RekindleRekindle Member UncommonPosts: 1,206

I want to know what people think about the present and the future for Vanguard. 

Comments

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

None of the above.

The game will continue.  But for those that want more high-end raid content, the shift to group content is very disappointing.  Maybe that is a better economic move for the game, but then again, there were many guilds anxiously awaiting Halls of Shattered Souls and Stirhaad.

I've been a HUGE proponent of Vanguard for 3 years now.  It is the best PvE MMO available, but without upcoming raid content, the continuation of Pantheon, Alternate Abilities..... I don't know if I'll be playing VG a year from now.  I am looking forward to Hillsbury, finishing Old Targonor, making Magi's Hold (beautiful and underutilized dungeon) a high level group dungeon, the continuation of the Artisan's saga and Diplomats saga......

That's all great group, diplo and crafter stuff.  But I love raid content.  Personally, I'm baffled by the shift and focus.... especially because there was a lot of work already done on HoSS and AAs.  Today's patch was very nice and addressed some nagging bugs and introduced some new content, but I'd rather see the focus on raid content.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

I have not played for months.  I'm Waiting for something BIG to happen.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Group content is no different at all,it takes less players and less fuss to organize it makes perfect sense.

I know the young kiddies don't get to attach that stigma of "look at me I'm a Raider" but it is the better option.Besides making more sense there is NOTHING you cannot achieve with a group content game that Raiding needs other than player totals.Playing to have more players in a group is no more superficial than playing to see how fast you can level.Player numbers/level numbers all the same junk.

Anyhow ,now that that is out of the way,I will miss VG,and i would have gone back to playing it instead of Eq2,if i thought deep down it will last,and i don't.I guess VG is like a masterpiece a brilliant piece of art,only some will appreciate it others will think wtf,why waste money on art.

I truly believe that if VG succeeded it would make Mr.Smed look bad as Sigil was Eq castoffs,well they left to make VG.EQ was a game Smed had to beg SOE to make,it almost never happened,imagine how weak MMORPG gaming would be ,if it never happened.SO Smed will make sure he does everything possible to keep his flagship going,after all the fleet will go down in defeat without it's flagship.

He will NOT put out any effort at all to keep VG afloat,if SOE hints at pulling the plug they will.I think the ball is still in Smed's court,he is pretty much in full control of the gaming division.From what i have read of SOE lately,they are divulging their efforts in new avenues like the facebook ideas and other ventures,maybe mobile phone gaming or something i am not sure.

Bottom line is SOE will never again make a game because they want to make something they love,they are all about trends now and what makes money,there focus is in console gaming,their best people are in those divisions.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• metalcoremetalcore Member Posts: 798

Still playing, still enjoying, not looking to move until something decent comes out, as yet all new games are not my cuppa tea, Vanguard is.

Now playing: VG (after a long break from MMORPGS)
    Played for more than a month: Darkfall online, Vanguard SOH, Everquest, Horizons, WoW, SWG, Everquest II, Eve

• lifeofagonylifeofagony Member Posts: 67

I left EQ2 to try this game.I hope its not done.Been playing only a month and im really enjoying it.I do wish the population was larger but i joined a nice guild to play with.Maybe word of mouth may bring more people to the game , it did me.

• RekindleRekindle Member UncommonPosts: 1,206

50 people over a three week period cared enough to vote I guess that tells a story in and of itself.

• Player_420Player_420 Member Posts: 686

I voted its done for, only for the fact that SOE is just $*%^in' this game in the booty

I play all ghame

• glorious100glorious100 Member UncommonPosts: 19

Last week I resubbed, still loving it, best pve game there is. But to see that you must be able to overlook some bugs, thats why you will find only mature players in VG.

• RaiveeRaivee Member Posts: 48

I didn't vote because like the majority of the mmorpg community, most simply don't care. As for the community, VG's community doesn't/didn't really impress me at all. Over my time there, it has degenerated a bon. I mean take a look at the boards now. PVP players are treated like second-class citizens, casuals vs raiders, etc. The way the community is now in my eyes, is everyone is simply covering their own ass.

The community USED to be much better and connected but the way it is now, its laughable IMO.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    Originally posted by boojiboy

That's all great group, diplo and crafter stuff.  But I love raid content.  Personally, I'm baffled by the shift and focus.... especially because there was a lot of work already done on HoSS and AAs.  Today's patch was very nice and addressed some nagging bugs and introduced some new content, but I'd rather see the focus on raid content.

The shift in focus as you put it was not a choice on the part of the vanguard staff.  Read the developer notes and listen to silius talk in interviews.  They do not have the resources to do what they would like to do, so this is the best they can offer their players.

They only have enough staff to revamp some old areas and focus on debugging, which is very telling about what the new level of commitment is for the game. 

• RaiveeRaivee Member Posts: 48

The new "direction" is only a representation of what is capable by the development team. And lets be honest, from the moment Pota was announced, I don't think I could personally trust any form of good raid content to be developed. The new direction effected so many but mainly those in the top-end as basically the seal has been placed on the container as they won't be seeing anything new for...well ever? I know if I was still playing that it would have iced it quick for myself as now I were have been at "the end".

It just disgusts me as the attitude on the boards is basically tacking PVP and "raiders" as expendable and that they are no longer the "focus". I checked out the boards the other day and all you see posting are a bunch of players who started playing mid 2009 and are pretty much telling older folks who are upset with what's going on to shoo. I would've been banned x number of times if I had access for sure.