Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Site does not "remember me"

MidniteHowlMidniteHowl Member UncommonPosts: 149

I always have the site remember my log-in, and I've never had a problem with it until today. For some reason I have to re-enter my log-in name and password everytime I come to the site. I usually check out the site a couple times a day and don't really want to re-enter this stuff everytime I want to post in the forums. As far as I know there have been no changes to my system settings. Any advice?

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 14,161

Have you checked that another site that should automaticaly remember you is doing so? That way you can be sure it is not a change of your system settings.

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• MidniteHowlMidniteHowl Member UncommonPosts: 149

Yes, I have like 3 other sites that I visit a lot and have a membership to. I have checked those and they work just as they always have. That's why I'm thinking something changed on this site and not my settings. I'll try again since it's been a few days until now since I have logged in.

Edit: OK I have tried again and this is what happens: I sign on to this site. If I go to another website from that same browser window and then come back here, it will keep me signed on. But if I close the window completely then try to come back to this site my sign-on is no longer there and I have to re-enter it. That would almost sound like a setting in my Internet Explorer but I don't think so since my other bookmarked sites don't have this problem.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 14,161

It sounds as if you have told IE not to remember the password and name for this site? You could reset all remembered pw and names using Internet Options. Each time you visit a site you have a pw it will want you to put it in again and then will ask you if you want IE to remember it. That might work.

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• zasdzasd Member UncommonPosts: 45

Its not just you it has not been remembering me either, but every other site does. I am using Firefox...

• KaylessKayless Member UncommonPosts: 356

Yup me too, now having to login to the website every visit, been logging in fine for years up until recently.

Firefox btw...