Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

stay away from this game

WAR is carebear game. that made me quit one day.  without deathpenalty pvp just sucked.

but the game had something, call it immersion or whatever. that made me download WAR again when free unlimited trial happened 

what amazed me,  the game seems to be worse than year ago

1. lags and bugz are nore often than when i played for first time

2. still unbalanced and order gets pwned

3. only core servers remained. this means i cannot pk anybody because they are not flagged wtf

such potential wasted omg....

Playing: Rohan
Played (from best to worst): Shadowbane, Guild Wars, Shayia, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, Rappelz, Archlord, Knight online, King of Kings, Kal online, Last chaos

Comments

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,184

I've said it before and I'll stick with it. Without scenarios WAR would have been 10 times better. Why in the world a developer would see fit to create instanced PvP in a open PvP based game is beyond me.

That said, there were plenty other problems, the biggest being the seeming inability to set graphics to the highest setting the game is capable of and the impossibly slow paced combat for tank classes. I understand that tanks are for damage absorption not DPS but c'mon, the inro level 1 mob should not be a 30-40 second fight.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

Bugs turned me right off when I tried it a second time afew months back. I think I lasted no longer then a few hours before canceling my account a second time.

WARs days are numbered is my guess

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• DillingerEPDillingerEP Member UncommonPosts: 366
    Originally posted by galliard1981

WAR is carebear game. that made me quit one day.  without deathpenalty pvp just sucked.
    but the game had something, call it immersion or whatever. that made me download WAR again when free unlimited trial happened 
    3. only core servers remained. this means i cannot pk anybody because they are not flagged wtf

Good grief

Originally posted by skeaser

I've said it before and I'll stick with it. Without scenarios WAR would have been 10 times better. Why in the world a developer would see fit to create instanced PvP in a open PvP based game is beyond me.
    That said, there were plenty other problems, the biggest being the seeming inability to set graphics to the highest setting the game is capable of and the impossibly slow paced combat for tank classes. I understand that tanks are for damage absorption not DPS but c'mon, the inro level 1 mob should not be a 30-40 second fight.

Why? It's because Warhammer was originally based to be nothing but a scenario based PvP game. It was the raging fanboy's testing it that cried enough, and they put in ORvR. If they would've stuck to their gun's, it could've been a million times better being scenario based. I would trade in bo humping, and RvDoor in a heart beat.. if i could do SC's like Reikland Factory all the time. As for your tank comment's.. did you really even play the damn game? Cause your over-exaggerating quite a bit. Theres plenty of tank's speced right and geared right that will WTFPWN your face off in this game.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Theres plenty of tank's speced right and geared right that will WTFPWN your face off in this game.

~and they only need one key to do it.

(wakka wakka wakka)

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• Krn_AssassinKrn_Assassin Member Posts: 581

If warhammer can get a foothold in Korea, it can still remain profitable (although it didn't do so well here). I doubt it can make a huge dent in the market over there but they are attempting to gain a low/decent amount of subscribers with the help of a Korean company helping to localize and fix some of the game.

www.youtube.com/watch

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Haha for the same reason WOW creates so much,it is SUPER easy to create instance content.It takes about 1/10 the effort of trying to gel content into the normal playing world.I have no respect for games that use instances,they are NOT needed,but seems all the developers are using it,because they want to save time and money,so i can't seem to get away from it.

So you know first impressions are big,and i was turned off of Warhammer before i got to see much of the game at all,i deleted it in the first day.Hey i liked the sounds that was the only part of the game i liked,i can't say i have said that before lol.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Krn_AssassinKrn_Assassin Member Posts: 581

Trailer localized by NHN for Korean gamers

www.youtube.com/watch

• DnomsedDnomsed Member UncommonPosts: 261

To the op:  Honestly, how much time did you even devote to WAR?  I'll be the first to admit it has had its problems, but you can't think anyone will take you seriously with virtually no time invested.

Warhammer fanatic since '85.

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

not so much in the US  destro for me has always been underpowered, on the offical forums it was seen that the big name devs didnt even play Destro classes....and Destro has always gotten the sour end of the stick...now it also depends a lot on the server, as on Iron Rock i still saw (when i went back for a month) things flipped quite often destro would push in non-peak hours and could still counter a decent size order push in T4 when we had some people on however when order sits in IC figthing with 4 plus warbands when we only have two it is a tough fight.

as for other servers I do not know about the pop of each realm.

stay away ..i wouldn't go that far gameplay has improved  and response times are normal...however the endless trial ends up hurting the game for some maybe as you start seeing people stack up their level 11s with the best gear and Warrior Priests taking on full groups of destro in T1

• AngorimAngorim Member Posts: 466
    Originally posted by DillingerEP

Why? It's because Warhammer was originally based to be nothing but a scenario based PvP game. It was the raging fanboy's testing it that cried enough, and they put in ORvR. If they would've stuck to their gun's, it could've been a million times better being scenario based. I would trade in bo humping, and RvDoor in a heart beat.. if i could do SC's like Reikland Factory all the time. As for your tank comment's.. did you really even play the damn game? Cause your over-exaggerating quite a bit. Theres plenty of tank's speced right and geared right that will WTFPWN your face off in this game.

Every tidbit of information I read and found out about WAR since it was announced lead it to be an ORvR game, with scenarios added as an afterthought to balance out the zone point system (which never made sense or worked properly).  Where did you get this nonsense about it being a scenario based game?

Secondly, would you really want another WoW style pvp game where majority of the conflict happens in tiny, instanced scenarios with little to no impact on the actual world itself?  How is that even remotely close to representing "Warhammer" as an IP?  If you want to play a multiplayer competition style game, I direct you to the nearest online fps multiplayer game.

Granted what was actually produced as ORvR content was horribly done, it still blows my mind that they could have such a fantastic format with a previous game and completely butcher it to what it was/is in WAR.  I'd take large scale keep sieges over 15 on 15 instance matches; I have a multitude of mutiplayer games without a monthly fee for that already.

Originally posted by needalife214

not so much in the US  destro for me has always been underpowered, on the offical forums it was seen that the big name devs didnt even play Destro classes....and Destro has always gotten the sour end of the stick...now it also depends a lot on the server, as on Iron Rock i still saw (when i went back for a month) things flipped quite often destro would push in non-peak hours and could still counter a decent size order push in T4 when we had some people on however when order sits in IC figthing with 4 plus warbands when we only have two it is a tough fight.

as for other servers I do not know about the pop of each realm.

stay away ..i wouldn't go that far gameplay has improved  and response times are normal...however the endless trial ends up hurting the game for some maybe as you start seeing people stack up their level 11s with the best gear and Warrior Priests taking on full groups of destro in T1

On Badland's it's 50/50 and swing's either way. It's just to bad, if you know some of the bigger names on the server.. it's filled with a bunch of asshat's that rather flex their epeen and release their giant ego everywhere.. and ruin it for the people who want to have fun. Sadly at this point, noone from either side.. going to be seeing the king soon. With all the disorganization between both sides.

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056
    Originally posted by Angorim

Every tidbit of information I read and found out about WAR since it was announced lead it to be an ORvR game, with scenarios added as an afterthought to balance out the zone point system (which never made sense or worked properly).  Where did you get this nonsense about it being a scenario based game?

Secondly, would you really want another WoW style pvp game where majority of the conflict happens in tiny, instanced scenarios with little to no impact on the actual world itself?  How is that even remotely close to representing "Warhammer" as an IP?  If you want to play a multiplayer competition style game, I direct you to the nearest online fps multiplayer game.

Granted what was actually produced as ORvR content was horribly done, it still blows my mind that they could have such a fantastic format with a previous game and completely butcher it to what it was/is in WAR.  I'd take large scale keep sieges over 15 on 15 instance matches; I have a multitude of mutiplayer games without a monthly fee for that already.

They have proven that their engine can't handle large scale sieges. Remember the fortresses crashing the zones?

As for the importance of scenarios - it's true that the game was originally designed to be scenario-driven. Mythic stopped their first beta and re-designed the campaign - adding NPC guards to BOs, and adding keeps.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• AngorimAngorim Member Posts: 466
    Originally posted by MMO_Doubter

They have proven that their engine can't handle large scale sieges. Remember the fortresses crashing the zones?

As for the importance of scenarios - it's true that the game was originally designed to be scenario-driven. Mythic stopped their first beta and re-designed the campaign - adding NPC guards to BOs, and adding keeps.

If that is true, then it's no wonder the game is in the shape it is.  You can't just change your core vision mid development and slap on added content in hopes it pans out.  I honestly wish that fact, assuming it's true which I tend to believe you, would have been a little more circulated prior to release.  It certainly would have saved me the pre-order and at least some of the hype invested.

Well i shouldn't have said nothing but a SC based game... that's bad on my part. But at one point.. scenario's were supposed to play a larger part of the game.
     Sadly you must of not of played Reikland Factory. And if i did want a FPS game, i wouldn't be playing Warhammer now would I. I've played the game since beta,..till now. And it's ever so fun sitting on your mount waiting for the next BO to cap, and rinse and repeat. Then after awhile it get's real tiresome beating on the keep door forever.. when half of the time theres next to noone defending(cause most them rather just fight you in their city if they don't have the numbers in Orvr at the time)..real exciting!
    Granted what was actually produced as ORvR content was horribly done, it still blows my mind that they could have such a fantastic format with a previous game and completely butcher it to what it was/is in WAR. 
    I couldn't agree more with you.
      I'd take large scale keep sieges over 15 on 15 instance matches; I have a multitude of mutiplayer games without a monthly fee for that already.
    Welp that's something i can't agree with you there.. especially with the state the game is in :P

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

If that is true, then it's no wonder the game is in the shape it is.  You can't just change your core vision mid development and slap on added content in hopes it pans out.

Shaddapu you mou. Tabula Rasa had tons of changes mid-development and it turned out just... Oooooh.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

If that is true, then it's no wonder the game is in the shape it is.  You can't just change your core vision mid development and slap on added content in hopes it pans out.  I honestly wish that fact, assuming it's true which I tend to believe you, would have been a little more circulated prior to release.  It certainly would have saved me the pre-order and at least some of the hype invested.

If you search youtube carefullly, there are a couple of podcasts which explain the new campaign.

I would have been fine with a scenario-based campaign (I had called for one in WoW using their BGs), if the scenarios had been better. More like a war, and less gimmicky (like an FPS game's maps). Not even a siege scenario in the game - WTF? Yet WoW has two BGs and an open zone featuring siege combat.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• montinmontin Member Posts: 218

I only started playing War for the first time a few weeks ago. I've not come across any bugs and even with 100+ players fighting it out at a keep I had no lag. Maybe people with bugs and lag should look at their computer / internet connection as being the problem! As for the game, I guess lack of any real penalty to death in pvp could put some people off but as a casual pvper I like it. Reminds me of games like BF (BF2 etc etc). As for imbalance between destro and order. I'm playing order on a server where destro is stronger. I dont moan about imbalance or that we get our arse handed to us most of the time. Rather I see it as a challange which makes it more fun when we beat them. After all any poor player can win when his team out numbers those he is fighting. It takes class and skill to win as the under dog.

So in regard to this topic; Don't stay away from Warhammer online if you have never tried it. It's a nice change from boring games like WoW and is great if your time is limited and solo a lot.

• OgrelinOgrelin Member Posts: 636

I don't make much of someones opinion if they never got past T1

Originally posted by montin

I only started playing War for the first time a few weeks ago. I've not come across any bugs and even with 100+ players fighting it out at a keep I had no lag.

Shenanigans!
    If you have played more than a few hours, you have seen stuck animations, bugged NPC movement, and morale powers not activating on a keypress.

• galliard1981galliard1981 Member Posts: 256
    Originally posted by Dnomsed

To the op:  Honestly, how much time did you even devote to WAR?  I'll be the first to admit it has had its problems, but you can't think anyone will take you seriously with virtually no time invested.

yea i can answer that. i played 3 months a year ago. i had such a blast after a free month that i purchased 2month prepaid after that. sadly, in this case the first impression was not correct. had my toon almost lvl30, did all tiers3.

when i was talking about balance, i didnt mean destro/order ratio on servers. i meant destro classes are better than order classes. WE>WH hands down for example. of course some classes are equal (IB=BOrc) or better at order (BW>sorc). but to sum all up, order classes are weaker. this was checked, its not only my assumption.

and really.....no open rvr servers left now. how can they advertise war is everywhere? right now war is only when the opposing side allows it. i thought lack of deatrh penalty was carebear, but didnt imagine it can be that worse

Playing: Rohan
    Played (from best to worst): Shadowbane, Guild Wars, Shayia, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, Rappelz, Archlord, Knight online, King of Kings, Kal online, Last chaos

• EridanixEridanix Member Posts: 426

Don't mind the doomsayers. WAR is  a good game whatever they say. It runs smoothly after graphics improvements & enhanced them. The PQ's & other ways like scenarios to level up are burning out of people if you chose the right populated server. You'll have a lot of fun since day 1 and the game has almost no bugs.

I play EVE but have WAR as second game because its pvp is attractive, epic and fun.

It is a question of fangs.

• HydrobluntHydroblunt Member Posts: 282

You're wrong, and it's not even a debate.  Most WAR players really liked the concept & implementation of scenarios in WAR.  It's really the main reason that I play the unlimited trial and am considering dusting off my lvl 40.  Pure RvR only goes so far in WAR and gets boring a lot faster than the scenarios which are a great way to level, as well as do some quick group PvP.  It also contributed to Zone Control, a fact that most of you scenario haters seem to completely miss.

Now if WAR's RvR was a lot more developed & varied, then maybe I could see your point.  But in reality, that would mean that the RvR would start to resemble the scenarios, which then leads me back to the point that BGs/scenarios are a great way to have some quick PvP fun.  The fact that I could and can log in to grab 30-45 minutes of quick PvP while also leveling & grabbing a bit of renown was one of the best features of WAR.

Playing: EvE, Warhammer free unlimited trial, Allods Online
    Played: Anarchy Online, WoW, Warhammer, AoC, Ryzom. Aion
    Strongly Recommend: Ryzom, EvE, Allods Online

• drazzahdrazzah Member UncommonPosts: 437

I play WAR right now and everything you said in 1st OP is wrong. Order does not get pwned, i have a 40 WH on Badlands server and a 40 Chosen on Iron Rock and its about 50%-60% wins on both. 

• drazzahdrazzah Member UncommonPosts: 437

Originally posted by Dnomsed

yea i can answer that. i played 3 months a year ago. i had such a blast after a free month that i purchased 2month prepaid after that. sadly, in this case the first impression was not correct. had my toon almost lvl30, did all tiers3.

when i was talking about balance, i didnt mean destro/order ratio on servers. i meant destro classes are better than order classes. WE>WH hands down for example. of course some classes are equal (IB=BOrc) or better at order (BW>sorc). but to sum all up, order classes are weaker. this was checked, its not only my assumption.

and really.....no open rvr servers left now. how can they advertise war is everywhere? right now war is only when the opposing side allows it. i thought lack of deatrh penalty was carebear, but didnt imagine it can be that worse

And this WHOLE post is wrong. You obviously have no idea how to play a mmo because every good mmo player knows that its not a class that beats class situation. Its all based on whos playing the character. So your statement on WE>WH and how Destro classes are so much better is TOTALLY wrong. Destro and Order have all their classes mirrors in mechanics. WE = WH in mechanics, it all depends on the player to see who will win. It was NOT checked, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Also about your statement how there is no ORVR. Well this is TOTALLY wrong to because even a year ago on ORVR Servers, 95% of the ORVR happened in the BOs/Keeps where PvP is already open, and about 5% happened in areas where people quest and don't choose to go into the rvr land. So saying that there are no ORVR servers is not a big deal, because this makes people play ORVR in the designated areas(rvr land)  to do BOs/Keep takes which makes population there bigger for the people who want to PvP, and leaves the questers and people who wanna stay out of it safe.