Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok I got 2 questions

1:I am just starting the game and I was wondering if there is a place to Download the entire patch with out using the launcher.
2:Second I am looking for some one to point me in the right direction in where to play and help me get into a guild that will teach me the basics of the game after reading the other advice I am so confused by it I dont know what kind of char to be or what server to play any advice would be nice.

Comments

• CillasiCillasi Member UncommonPosts: 335

The patcher is probably the best way to go and I don't think there are any choices in the matter anyway. 

In general, Albion is the most populated realm on all servers, but that doesn't mean it's the best realm to choose.  The realms all have comparable classes, however, Hibernia has more caster intensive classes; Midgard has more melee intensive characters; and Albion has a good mix of both.

Your friend is camelotherald.com.  It will show you the populations on each server every minute of the day.  Choose a server that has a large population at the times you're most likely to play.  A second factor is what realm(s) on the server you choose are the most populated.  Look in the left column for population bonuses.  Choose the server you're considering and look at the number after each realm.  The lower the number, the lower the population, but the faster you gain free levels.  

If you like to play solo, one of the low population realms may be a good choice.  There won't be many to group with anyway and you'll be able to advance faster.  If you like to group, however, it's best to choose a high population server and realm.  It may still be difficult to get groups at lower levels, but you'll  have more choices at higher levels.

If you like unrestricted PvP, join the Mordred server.  If you want to engage in normal RvR, join one of the regular servers.  If you like to role-play, join one of the role-play regular servers (so noted).  If you don't like RvR or PvP, play on Gaheris - the cooperative server.  You can still get realm points on Gaheris, but by fighting NPCs in the frontiers rather than fighting other players. 

As for what class to pick - classesofcamelot.com has a wealth of information about classes as well as creation and play guides. 

Once you're in the game, you'll want to find a guild.  Make liberal use of the /who command and find a guild that seems to be active during the times you usually play, then contact someone in the guild.  Guilds in DAOC usually aren't very elitist, so it's relatively easy to get into one.

Most of all, HAVE FUN!