Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I may actually buy and subscribe

HydrobluntHydroblunt Member Posts: 282

I am seriously considering buying and subbing for at least one month to Alganon.  Why you may ask?  Three reasons:

1)  Pity for David Allen.  I dunno, I just feel sorry for him.  Like shed a tear sorry

2)  I feel like I owe Quest Online a little cash after the numerous laughs this game's wacky adventure has provided me.  The youtube videos on the game and the threads here are absolutely hysterical

3)  I might find the game entertaining, in a sad pathetic kinda way, but still entertaining.  I can always provide some reviews here as well, which might be fun.

Who is with me?

Playing: EvE, Warhammer free unlimited trial, Allods Online
Played: Anarchy Online, WoW, Warhammer, AoC, Ryzom. Aion
Strongly Recommend: Ryzom, EvE, Allods Online

Comments

  • Tork001Tork001 Member Posts: 28

    If you decide to create a character in the Kujix Empire on the Adrios server please give my main "Tork" a /wave if you see me bumming around.

    (On a side note I finally got my 100th Dawning Token today for my Storm Jax mount. Now all I need to do is get from level 24 to 35 so the mount vendor will give me the quest to buy the mount. Can't wait.)

    image

  • parrotpholkparrotpholk Member EpicPosts: 4,603

     None of those are very good reasons to buy the game. Its not bad to admit you like the idea of it or even enjoy the trial. No one will shout you down and burn you here.

  • DoomReaperDoomReaper Member UncommonPosts: 143


    Originally posted by Hydroblunt
    I am seriously considering buying and subbing for at least one month to Alganon.  Why you may ask?  Three reasons:
    1)  Pity for David Allen.  I dunno, I just feel sorry for him.  Like shed a tear sorry
    2)  I feel like I owe Quest Online a little cash after the numerous laughs this game's wacky adventure has provided me.  The youtube videos on the game and the threads here are absolutely hysterical
    3)  I might find the game entertaining, in a sad pathetic kinda way, but still entertaining.  I can always provide some reviews here as well, which might be fun.
    Who is with me?

    Hahaha I like your style :)

    1) Was sorta my original reason for following the game and buying it when it launched.
    2) Yeah mmorpg.com has been a great way to ride out the rough times with the game and the superkeen fanbois'n fangurls! http://www.alganon.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4343-alganons-current-state has been fun too :)
    3) Y'know, there is some truth here. Some fun single player action to be had. Multiplayer not so fun but it helps to be in a guild otherwise you feel alone.

    I'll be your Huckleberry!

  • WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by Hydroblunt


    I am seriously considering buying and subbing for at least one month to Alganon.  Why you may ask?  Three reasons:
    1)  Pity for David Allen.  I dunno, I just feel sorry for him.  Like shed a tear sorry
    2)  I feel like I owe Quest Online a little cash after the numerous laughs this game's wacky adventure has provided me.  The youtube videos on the game and the threads here are absolutely hysterical
    3)  I might find the game entertaining, in a sad pathetic kinda way, but still entertaining.  I can always provide some reviews here as well, which might be fun.
    Who is with me?

    Those might be the most cynical reasons I've ever seen to try a game out lol. Still... a purchase is a purchase, I 

    suppose. It's all "green" at the end of the day.

    "If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

    image

  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

    I honestly don't think thats a good idea, especially if you are going to do it because you pity the game.  If you pity a game like this, thats it.  You shouldn't buy it, because you aren't buying it because you enjoy it, and that is really the only reason people buy/play games.

    Since when is Tuesday a direction?

  • HydrobluntHydroblunt Member Posts: 282

    Well I will do the 7 day trial when I know I have lots of free time.  I dunno, just from all the endless comedy about how bad this game is, i've become really curious. 

    Playing: EvE, Warhammer free unlimited trial, Allods Online
    Played: Anarchy Online, WoW, Warhammer, AoC, Ryzom. Aion
    Strongly Recommend: Ryzom, EvE, Allods Online

  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by Hydroblunt


    Well I will do the 7 day trial when I know I have lots of free time.  I dunno, just from all the endless comedy about how bad this game is, i've become really curious. 

     

    Just make sure you report back to us on the current state of the game.  I have noticed that before the release, there were a lot of videos and review on it, but since its release, nothing new has come up.  Now post-beta reviews, no post-release gameplay videos, nothing.  Its like the NDA went into effect AFTER the release.

    Since when is Tuesday a direction?

  • HydrobluntHydroblunt Member Posts: 282

    Well as much as I wanted to satisfy my curiosity, I simply do not have the time to try Alganon.  I started playing Allods Online.  If I get a long break of free time, I will try Alganon.

    Playing: EvE, Warhammer free unlimited trial, Allods Online
    Played: Anarchy Online, WoW, Warhammer, AoC, Ryzom. Aion
    Strongly Recommend: Ryzom, EvE, Allods Online

  • DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659
    Originally posted by Hydroblunt


    Well as much as I wanted to satisfy my curiosity, I simply do not have the time to try Alganon.  I started playing Allods Online.  If I get a long break of free time, I will try Alganon.

     

    This might be valuable information for those closely following your gaming activities no doubt.

    --
    Delanor

Sign In or Register to comment.