Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A bunch of cry-babies.

As if we needed confimation... You can now log in to the WoW forums and see their "beta testers" in real-life action acting like a mass of imbeciles. Once again we come back to one of our favourite points: that they are TESTING the f-ing game. Instead of them giving constructive criticism and trying to identify the good points of the newest patch along with the crappy parts of it, they sit there and scream: "OMG, WTFuxxorz?! I hate Blizz, I hate WoW- I cancelled my preorder kkthxbye!" *sob*

For real guys, wth did blizz come up with these testers, the patch hasn't even been out for more than a few hours and they're all jumping ship like a bunch of rats. You know what gives me second thoughts about WoW? A community as lame and fickle as that... dumbasses.

On a lighter note, hopefully with OB we'll be able to get some real testers into the game and get stuff changed appropriately and help make this game kick serious ass. Although with only about 2 weeks to go... image

I'm looking for some friends that I lost contact with over the years...

EQ: Horlain (Firiona Vie)
DAOC: Kaizur (Guinevere)

Otto!

Comments

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

I think you are getting to angry over some thing that you could just avoid, I just ignore the whining from everyone. OB starts tommorow, you wont have to hear much more whining soon. Just grow up and learn to deal with it and restrain your anger over stupid matters.

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://www.imperium-arcanum.com

• SpeedMannSpeedMann Member UncommonPosts: 333
    I totally agree with you. I read something in there forums one time about theres no penalties for dieing, now they have some penalties. There image all over the place. Test the game and stop your blubbering. At least the servers wont be so crowed when i get into open beta. They should feel honored to be testing WOW but no gimmie gimmie gimmie image image image

==================================================
    speedmann.blogspot.com

*Guild Wars and World of Warcraft will kick @55*

==================================================
    Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

• DaShizDaShiz Member Posts: 375

It's the nature of the beast. If anyone is givin something that they don't like or are not used to it either takes time to adjust or is completely abandonded for good or temporaraly but pretty much always results in complaining when people are in masses. This factor of an almost ignorant reckless abandond from the masses is increased nearly exponentally when givin the proverbial cloak and shield of the internet.

You can't escape what you may consider ignorance or prevent it, wether it be from others or from yourself. ::{^)::

Your scathing wit and daring insight into the turbulent political crags of the internet are shining beacons of truth and purity for the slight remaining masses of visionless hypocriticial sheep who bleat at the thought of your glory

Your scathing wit and daring insight into the turbulent political crags of the internet are shining beacons of truth and purity for the slight remaining masses of visionless hypocriticial sheep who bleat at the thought of your glory

• Dru998Dru998 Member CommonPosts: 85

Originally posted by Otto_Manic

For real guys, wth did blizz come up with these testers, the patch hasn't even been out for more than a few hours and they're all jumping ship like a bunch of rats. You know what gives me second thoughts about WoW? A community as lame and fickle as that... dumbasses.

Have you even read the patch notes for the latest patch?  I think those are some things to complain about.  I am not in CB or the ST so I can't test this patch myself.  From what I have read on the forums this patch is an atrocity.  Take the time and READ! before you speak.   Everything they are complaining about is very valid.  Sounds to me like blizzard sucked the life right out of WoW and made it like every other sadistic MMORPG out thereimage.    Great, the only promising MMORPG and look what they do to it image.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
    Science has never proven that what we see in front of us is in fact real.

• Otto_ManicOtto_Manic Member Posts: 202

Like you said, brainchild, Take the time and READ what I'm saying. I'm not saying that the new patch rocks, I'm not saying it sucks. I'm saying they're being a bunch of whiney bitches about it rather than approaching it in a mature way and actually giving some informative and constructive feedback in order to make it a BETTER game, rather than bawling their eyes out and throwing tantrums like they're in diapers.

Otto!

• DetonatedDetonated Member Posts: 105
    Also, this game has been in beta for what....a year? I can understand how anyone who has been beta testing for a year off and on and has made suggestions (i have seen some very very good suggestions kicked around the forums by some of the testers) yet those suggestions are pretty much ignored. The overall feeling is Blizzard isnt listening to what anyone has to say....which is a shame. I think im just gonna sign up for OB, play then prolly wait til after Xmas to buy WoW. Blizzard has too much on thier plate right now. Its almost masochistic what they did with this patch.

• GreyfaceGreyface Member Posts: 390

I guess some of the beta testers have been playing so long that they've forgotten that Blizzard was doing them a favor by letting them into WoW early.

Personally, I liked the sound of just about everything in the new patch.  Unlike the beta "testers" though, I'll try it out before forming an opinion.   As the open beta approaches, I've been checking the WoW forums a lot.  People were complaining litterally minutes after the patch went live. 

• JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869

I can't believe how spoiled the beta testers have become. There are many people who signed up for beta testing and never received a sniff from Blizzard. The testers ought to be thankful that they got to play the game for free for about 1/2 year. Now some aren't going to purchase the game because they don't like the changes. Perhaps Blizzard made a mistake in allowing so many people to beta test so early. I'm not having any problem with the new patch, but again I'm fairly new to the game and will be buying it on release. If the beta testers aren't going to play the game at release, the rest of us are better off. At least we have a game that we don't know yet and can explore. I'm guessing most beta testers don't care about newbie areas and are into power-leveling anyway.

• LilininLilinin Member Posts: 9
    Totally agree with you about the complaining but keep in mind a a huge part of the beta testers wont even play the retail coz the are ******* 12 year old and signed up for a free game. (sorry but its true) They dont have money/creditcards or what ever to pay for it. It makes a difference coz most ppl in the retail will be a lil more mature (atleast thats what i hope for ;) )

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

It is beta syndrome it happens in every mmorpg i ever tested.

If you base your decision based on whining beta testers then you are the loser.

• Otto_ManicOtto_Manic Member Posts: 202

Indeed, my friend, you are the loser for being too dense to see through to the gist of my post. Come not at me ranting and waving your booger-green troll flag ready to /rant and /tear. I'm not in the mood. My main point in this post, as everyone aside from your most illustrious self has seemed to comprehend is that the beta testers are a bunch of whining putos for whom nothing will ever be good enough.

If you actually have been reading the WoW forurms for a while, you'd actually see that these idiots have actually gotten all of the things that they where crying about this month. Along with these changes came several others in order to balance out things between the races and make all races equally appealing (aside from on an aesthetic level) to all peoples.

Damn you stupid f-ing Blizzard a$$holes!!! There is no uber class, WTF WTF WTF?/??? Holy sh1t, they're actually trying to balance the game out and no everyone is crying about that. Want something else to bawl your eyes out over? Here you go, a goddamned death penalty. WTF is this????????? A death penatly? You mean we can't all just throw ourselves at whichever enemy we choose (be they PVP or PVE) and suffer no consequences?! This makes me hate WoW, I'm out,,, kk, byb byeeye!k15j32poi your mom

Seriously, read what I'm writing and try to understand the implications which lie beneath my hate-filled postings, there is a lot of wisdom to be had there, young moron.

/huggles, ROFL::::07::

Edited for grammar, sentence structure and language. Leave me alone, I'm pretty wasted ATM.

Otto!

• VizorVizor Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Otto_Manic

As if we needed confimation... You can now log in to the WoW forums and see their "beta testers" in real-life action acting like a mass of imbeciles. Once again we come back to one of our favourite points: that they are TESTING the f-ing game. Instead of them giving constructive criticism and trying to identify the good points of the newest patch along with the crappy parts of it, they sit there and scream: "OMG, WTFuxxorz?! I hate Blizz, I hate WoW- I cancelled my preorder kkthxbye!" *sob*
    On a lighter note, hopefully with OB we'll be able to get some real testers into the game and get stuff changed appropriately and help make this game kick serious ass. Although with only about 2 weeks to go... image

I totally agree as well with you. I think Blizzard in the future should screen testers a little more carefully. They seem to forget that there BETATESTING the game. They basically play what blizzard gives them and tests for bugs. There characters will probably get wiped on retail.

• JhakhmJhakhm Member UncommonPosts: 114

I, for one, certainly hope so. If not out of a good, logical reason, than out of spite. >:)

1337est of teh 1337,
    -Jhak

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

So how do you propose to screen betatesters?

Most beta have age limit.Take EQ2 it has 18 and above as the required age but we have popular people on this site that been in beta for it for a while who we all know are under this age.

I recall a huge amount of whining on EQ2 forum about people who could not get their game to load EQ2 and then it was found out most had not met the required specs to actually even run the game yet their applications had top line specs.

Short of going to each house and knocking on the door and asking for ID and viewing folks computers there is nothing companies can do to screen people before sending beta application as most applications are all faked to suit what devs seek in a beta tester.

Booting people out of beta for whining or not giving feedback will even cause more problem because people will just start a personal crusade against the company .

• starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

You are missing the point....

The testers are angry because instead of adding something challenging and fun they merely added money sinks that will insure hours of low lvl mob farming for cash instead of entertaining gameplay.

If you have ever played other MMOs that have reagents for spell casting then you understand the problem with it. When buffs cost the caster he simply buffs himself and no one else. The cost of the reagents according the beta testers is much higher than it should be meaning poor casters will not be casting spells much. This does not add fun and challenge to the game it simply tacks hours of money grinding play time.

The other major change that they are upset about is the loss of item durability upon death. This is another needless money/time sink. Items should lose durability based either on usage or time not on death. This patch makes people so afraid to die that they wont take any chances or try to fight tougher mobs. They certainly wont bother to PVP seeing as it has no reward but to die in PVP means damage or possible breakage of your items which comes down to Risk with no reward. The constant running back to town to have your items fixed because of death is just another time sink not fun or challenging.

There were many ways that the devs could have slowed down the leveling process that would have been worthwhile. They could have increased the amount of xp between levels and increased xp loss upon death. Instead they decided to make players miserable with boring aggravating time and money sinks.

These changes along with various nerfs to certain classes have made this patch very unpopular and rightly so. It was a poor move to implement this kind of drastic change without properly testing it and so close to release that it may be irreversible. This game is most assuredly being printed on disc already for shipment. This is no longer a beta test for gameplay but simply a server load test and opportunity to play the game before purchase. I do not expect to this balanced or fixed before release.

"I don't want him comin in here and slappin his lips on my asshole"

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

• go4brokego4broke Member Posts: 180

good post starman and you've hit the topics all squarely on the head.

As for the beta testers, I'd have to say this outcry is more of the stress testers than the beta testers.

The beta testers tend to be more mature and articulate like starman and not OMG CANCEL etc etc.

• j-monsterj-monster Member Posts: 1,060

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/patch-11-07-04.html

Increased exp

Item decay decreased

whats all the whining about, test the game you ninnies

• SoulrenderSoulrender Member Posts: 27
    I must admit that starman´s words hit me right in the heart, i hope blizzard realize that its wrong to punish death like that. The xp loss for death is the best solution, which they havent chosen image

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Well first I was like blah screw the cry babies, BUT after reading about reagents, item decay after death, all the cast class's nerfs, the warrior revamp, and leather nerf I started to wonder... And now that I have logged in and seen for myself the garbage I will start to do some whinning on my own...

Here is my story.. So im in a instance low lvl dungeon when I come accross this dude who asked for help, so I help him and we get deeper and deeper in there... Well he says thanks for the help but I got to go now and logs, so I'm stuck inside the damn thing and since I didnt feel like fighting EVERY SINGLE STUPID MOB(which would have taken foever on my gimp err druid) to get outside, I decide to just get myself killed.. Well since I dont want to return there I will just use the spirit to come back to life, fully understanding the 100 percent durablity loose and the 4 min timer...

So after the time is up I decide to take my lvl 14 caster/gimp/druid (who just got a nerf) on to get his armor repaired...So I click on a repair all and see my charge.....12 mother fin SILVER!!!!!!!! but it doesnt stop there I soon find out that not only does the durability crap affect my worn armor/wpns bu the ones in my packs as well.... So all the crap in the past 2 hours on me and my 5 backpacks, all that gear is down to 0 durability as well.. WTF!!!!!! So not only do I have to repair all the got DARN MOTHER FIN amor I have on I also have to repair ever freaking mother fin piece of armor/wpn that I found in the last 2 hours just so I can sell the crap since the vendor wont take it if its not repaired.........Which brought my grand total to 22 freaking mother FIN silver just for dying....

So lets see for dying I get 4 mins of rez, 100 percent Item durability lose,  and 22 in silver down the drain. If this is not the stiffess death penalty in a game I have no clue what is... What happens the next time I get booted in the middle of a bunch of mobs, can you say I will go broke trying to repair all my equipment.. Why the hell would I even wanna PVP now since Im going to have to pay out the yingyang when I get ganged rapped by 4 or 5 rouges, who are going to camp my body and force me to go out and pay lots of cash just to get my body in peace.. Can you say griefing tool and insult to injury.. "Here we just gang rapped you now go pay 20 gold just so you can come back and try to get payback.."

Well anyways I did something that I havent did in this whole week of playing WOW and that was log out.. The idea of having to kill several mobs and farm items just so I can get my 22 silver back was just BS....And as people have said its a time and a money sink.

Blizzard as I have said this before about Funcom, SOE, and now you.... W T F where you thinking... IDIOTS.  For once the crybabies over at the Offical site are right, your retarded.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• othercentsothercents Member Posts: 24

Yeah I think people need to calm down. Blizzard was just trying to get the last set of changes out before release. Making sure they were tested and the system was stable. In a production environment I am sure that Blizzard would not have released such a big update without using a test server beforehand, but since all servers are the test servers then yeah bring it on.

From what I have seen of the game since Friday this is one of the better ones I have played. Who knows what the EQ2 and WOW battle will be like, but if Blizzard takes there time and releases a good product and Sony rushes their release (again) then Blizzard will win.

• PaganchildPaganchild Member Posts: 159

I agree with Starman 100%. Blizzard did go a little too far. When I heard about all of these changes, I actually thought I might not find the game appealing anymore. This is sad, because I have been wanting to play this game for years now. When dying gets frustrating and just really pisses you off, what's the point of playing a game that stresses you out? I agree that there should be some kind of death penalty, but in my opinion, this one is a little too harsh. I hear there is a 15-20 minute ressurection sickness..........::::21::.
    I have been following WoW for ages it seems, and I really hope this new patch doesn't mess the game up. ::::21::

Casador
    Level 19 Night Elf Hunter

Silvermoon server

• VodalusVodalus Member Posts: 103

I am in the ST, and have been for soem time. I wholeheartedly agree that people on the BLizz forums are whiney litle babies. The new patch does have its issues, yes. IMHO they are mostly relating to making paladins suck hardcore. The death penalty really isn't so bad. I love this game, despite any problems it has. It will only get better, Blizzard has yet to disappoint me with a game, and I doubt they will with WoW.

I think it was a terrible idea to release such a massive patch so close to release, but I'm not privy to any indeider info here, and I'm sure Blizzard has reasons for doing it the way they did.

Hope to see yall in OB whenever it starts, I'm sure that most of you will fall in love with this gorgeous game, as I have.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Linux is free.....if your time costs nothing.

• DetonatedDetonated Member Posts: 105

Originally posted by Paganchild

I hear there is a 15-20 minute ressurection sickness..........::::21::.

Rez sicknessscales with level so....higher lvls its 30 minutes. Say youre in a big raid, everyone gets wiped (the molten core raid is bugged right now so you cant re-enter to get your corpse). Put that 30 minrez sickness on top of having to use spirit healer. 100% durability lost to all equipment+30 mins of sitting there with your thumb up your butt image

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

the worst thing is, 99% of the people crying and saying they are quitting, will be the same ones crying next patch. write it in stone.

"When someone is impatient and says, "I haven't got all day," I always wonder, How can that be? How can you not have all day?"
    -George Carlin

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

well, I was actually chosen to play the EQ2 beta 1 week before its release.  And I must say, all the complaints about lag and bugs were not apparent in what I've experienced.

Sure okay, I only managed to get to Level 9, I got off the Isle of Refuge and was always in the first town (Quenos or however you spell the city name) before SOE announced the beta was closing at noon on Saturday.

But on my AMD 2600+, 1 gig of double DDR ram and Geforce FX5900 128MB, the game was flawless.  At 1024x768 with graphics are High (Not Very High) it was flawless.  Maybe on a slower PC it will lag, but hey, that's normal.  We're at a gaming generation where anything under 1ghz as processor will be slow.

Okay so I'm off topic, but all this to say, whoever says EQ2 sucks cause of lag and bugs should either upgrade their PCs or they were playing in the first betas and 1 week before launch the game is perfect to release in stores and should of kept playing until the last week of beta to see the improvements.

Why am I buying EQ2 instead of WoW?  Simple... SOE was nice enough to make me a "last minute beta tester" winner, I tried the game before I bought it (gotta love the "Try before you buy" marketting strategy)... and not to diss Blizzard... but Warcraft 3 sucked and where in the world is Starcraft Ghost?  Again, WoW might be an amazing game, but I didn't try it.  And since all beta comments are 50/50, half people say it sucks, probably cause they are EQ2-fanboys and the other half say it's an amazing game, it's hard to chose.  And SOE did the smartest thing, to allow all Beta-tester applicants to test the game 1 week before it's released and it's coming out before WoW... EQ2 is the winner in my book.

So basically, those who will buy WoW are people that are Blizzard fans and EQ2 haters.  Those that will buy EQ2 today are EQ fans, WoW-haters, and people (like me) that played EQ2, know it's good, and don't have the patience to wait for WoW when they could be playing EQ2 now.

____ _ ____________ _ ____

Scissors & Wood Glue - 19.99$
    Lineage II Platinum Edition DVD - 59.99$
    Having more fun building the 3D Elf Paper doll that came free with the game rather than playing Lineage II - Priceless.

For everything else, there's Mastercard.
    ____ _ ____________ _ ____

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P