Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AO vs. Neocron... which cyberpunk/sci fi game is better?

hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

I'm just doing a quick poll as to which one ppl like more.  I've played Neocron and like the fact that you can craft, smuggle drugs as a carreer, and use various cybernetic implants.  The game world feels like you're playing in a world that is a mix of Mad Max (with vehicles you can buy, from ATVs to variou Anti-grav Motorcycles) meets Bladerunner.

Currently I'm still debating wether I'll download AO and give it a try.

Anyone out there played Both AO and Necron, please feel free to give your opinion as to which one you liked better... or hated, or what not.

Much appreciated,

-h1

Comments

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Hate to bump my own thread, but I got not responses... oh well, downloading AO anyways as of this post... maybe I'll like this old-schooler as much as I like Neocron... who knows.

Wish me luck everyone. :/

• abyss404abyss404 Member UncommonPosts: 68

Both great games and while I enjoyed the crap outta Neocron I have to say I prefer AO.

• PolishbatPolishbat Member Posts: 15

Never played Neocron.  im going to make a sweeping generalization, but i think any avid sci-fi lover would love AO.  Dont expect to just pick up AO with  a healthy understanding of everything, AO is really deep and rich.  Read up on twinking  your character with imps, search some of the better weapons in the game, and learn which classes give +stat/skill buffs you really need to know that, or i guess just goto Borealis and post in chat which stat/skill you need raised.  I would say if you're just starting out thats the best advice i could give, it seems twinking is really a complex mechanic of AO but a necessity that means the difference of you being able to dish out huge amounts of damage, or, you running from green level mobs and getting bashed by pretty much everything.  Good luck, hope that helps.