Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox Controller

I'm downloading and installing the trial as we speak, and I probably will buy this game, but I heard the keyboard controls hurt, bad.

Now, I sold my Xbox 360 controller in late August, and by chance, I couldn't find my elite controller, so, it never got sold.

How would I go about hooking my 360 controller to the game?

Playing - Champions Online
Unsure Of - Darkfall, Star Trek Online
Waiting For - Star Wars: The Old Republic, All Points Bulletin
Played - Age Of Conan, Everquest II, Mabinogi, Tabula Rasa, Star Wars Galaxies, World Of Warcraft

Comments

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

You can pretty much just plug and play. You can set it up in the FFXI config. The catch is that the trigger buttons don't work with XI, so you have to download a program or driver for those to work. I can't remember the name of it. Or you could get Xpadder I think it is? It lets you map the keyboard onto the controller.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Originally posted by godseek3r

but I heard the keyboard controls hurt, bad.

Really only for the impatient gamers that gave it 2min and gave up.  I play exclusively KB-only and thoroughly enjoy it that way, plus you can play it entirely with one hand.

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

It can be done with a keyboard and mouse, but it's a pain in the ass for a good while before you get the feel for it again, and it will never be by any stretch of the imagination "intuitive". One would think, considering there is a freaking xbox360 version of the game, that it would have the bindings for the 360 controller and be ready to go. But SquareEnix doesnt give two shits about the PC client, so you need to go through a rather pain in the ass process to bind the controller yourself, which I couldn't even manage to do in-game the last time I tried, which means likely you'll need some kind of third party program for that as well.

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!