Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Flight Simulator type combat

I started playing star sonata on 8/28/09 and still feel like a noob at times. I have a lvl 1100+ and 600+ char on separate account I have been enjoying the game so much. The one aspect of the game that I do not like is the piloting of the ships especially in combat.

I was wondering if SS2 or another game out there was going to or has added more realistic fighting? A Game that adds the third dimension and would require a joystick to properly be played. That would mean your piloting skills would be worth something rather than having the confines of just 2 dimensions. Something like X-Wing used to offer. Situational awareness, battle plans and coordination would be that much more important. It would also make battles much more fun in my opinion.

Feedback or game suggestions welcome.

Comments

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332

Have you tried ACE Online?

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

There is also Battle Ground Europe also known as World War II Online. If you want to fly as a true sim against others. I know many people play this game to just fly and has realistic damage model / outputs. It is not just a flight sim however as you can play Navy Inf and Armor as well as fly but you can just do fly missions with dog fights and bombing runs.

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/

Also I came across another flight sim type online game not sure if this is a true MMO like WW2Online but I will post it up anyhow can not comment on this one as I have never played it.

http://www.hitechcreations.com/frameset1.html?../main.html

If you are wanting flight sim's these are the only 2 I can think of off the top of my head.

• SlaughterUSlaughterU Member Posts: 2

Thank you for the suggestions and replys, I will try them all.