Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FSX runs like shit....any idea?

nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

well the post is str8 forward. My FSX runs like total crap, in the single digits barely grabbing 10 fps a second in airports. if im lucky ill put maybe up to 20 but not consistently when in the air. I use the PDMG 747-400 Queens of the skies for FSX. Ive used tweaks from online and yet it still runs like garbage.i run the game at 1980x1020. from what i read I should have a decent enough cpu, and i should be getting decent framerates. does anyone know what settings I should do for a quadcore such as mine?

I want to be able to run this game beautifully but it just doesnt want to play ball, no matter what settings i put it at. i have a 3.4ghz AMD black edition Quadcore, 8GB of DDR3 PC12800 ram, a EVGA 285 GTX 1GB. i have the latest updates of dx 10, nvidia drivers, and the latest SP2 update. I am appalled at this simulator running like total shit still after 3 years. i bought the deluxe version. I dont know what to do any more, any clue to how to get this simulator to run properly? or should i just throw it in the trash??

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by nakuma

well the post is str8 forward. My FSX runs like total crap, in the single digits barely grabbing 10 fps a second in airports. if im lucky ill put maybe up to 20 but not consistently when in the air. I use the PDMG 747-400 Queens of the skies for FSX. Ive used tweaks from online and yet it still runs like garbage.

I want to be able to run this game beautifully but it just doesnt want to play ball, no matter what settings i put it at. i have a 3.4ghz AMD black edition Quadcore, 8GB of DDR3 PC12800 ram, a EVGA 285 GTX 1GB. i have the latest updates of dx 10, nvidia drivers, and the latest SP2 update. I am appalled at this simulator running like total shit still after 3 years. i bought the deluxe version. I dont know what to do any more, any clue to how to get this simulator to run properly? or should i just throw it in the trash??

hmm.. you have 8gb of ram but.. do you have a 64 o/s or 32..  if its the vanilla 32 then your only really using about 3.4 gb of ram anyway..  but.. short of using a ssd i dont really know how you could speed it up.. im assuming you've made sure your  drives are defragged etc..  might be a good idea to check your system, try running prime 95 torture test .. make sure it is running without any errors.. running it for 20 mins should give you a reasonably good indication if your system is stable.

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

VISTA x64 bit premium

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

i did those tests awhile ago, my system is good.

did improve it a bit, from a forum i read earlier. gained maybe 7-10 fps or so. by turning off bloom, most if not all the ferries, and ships, and general traffic, and keeping car traffic to around 40-50%, and avaition airliners to around 20-30%. but still notice some of the funky flickering of runways and taxis when using dx 10 been reading this is a possible nvidia driver that hasnt been squashed as of yet. but Im doubting ill be buying FS11 if it ever comes out. or if I do, I wont be buying it right away til i hear news its been completely rewritten from that craptastic BGL format they been patching together since FS98/2000.

• RaizeenRaizeen Member Posts: 622

well can other games run at good fps? if so then its just the game that is crap or the game is to old for your card ive had that happend to me for some games or that game is just badly maded

i can run every game on maxxed 1980x1020, even crysis at full ethusiast settings. based on what I've read FSX was poorly coded, mainly patched code since FS98/2000. obsolete format as well. so its safe to say the FS series need to be rewritten from the ground up to match the current hardware.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

well... if the hardware checks out.. all that is left is the software.. maybe it just isnt possible on your system.. doesnt mean your system is bad, just not compatible.. wouldnt be the first game that didnt run all that well under vista after all.

true. im not really sweating it. I got it set up now where it runs at least somewhat decent, now whether or not that applies to new addons for scenery Im not sure. but Im definitely less inclinded to buy Flight simulator products in the future.