Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORTS Browser games

wisesquirrelwisesquirrel Member UncommonPosts: 282

Ahh the classic MMORTS browser game, Tribal Wars, Travian, Khan Wars, Lords, Heroes of Gaia etc etc.

I am guessing many love to have their own little village and start expanding it slowly and getting into political affairs with your neighbors on trade, borders, treaties, getting allies, looting enemy villages and making sure your peasants don't revolt.

Hey wait a second...THE GAME TAKES FOREVER TO PLAY.

This is what i have been thinking, the idea is genius, but the game is made to only be visited like once a day or so because it supposedly lasts...forever, or maybe a year or so, not sure.

Now the second thing is, the graphics are flaky, the animation is horrible, all the towns or cities look exactly the same, your men are just numeric values, it takes forever to make a building, capturing enemy cities are either impossible or you lose in 5 minutes. This is because the game is in a world of hundreds if not thousands of guys.

Now what if  such a game were made in sessions ranging from 1 week to a month in which things would be made quicker and be done a lot faster in which only 50 - 100 people participated.

And it would be nice to be able to queue (All the games I have tried have only ONE BUILDING AT A TIME IN THE QUEUE, it would be nice to have a queue and leave instruction to some sort of AI on what to do while your gonna and when you get back, most of it has been handled.

What you guys think?

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

I think trying to watch spreadsheets 'fight' each other is boring.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams