Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game for a Gimp?

EyeSpEyeEyeSpEye Member Posts: 66

I recently broke my right (and dominant) arm right at the wrist. Good thing is workers comp gives me a lot of time I didn't have. Bad news is I can't play anything. My 360 is completly out of the question, as are fast paced PC games like FPSers.

So my dilema is I want a good game mmo or not that I can pretty much use 1 handed. I had a free trial for EQ2 that just ended. Was able to play it alright but not sure if I want to sub. Been hearing some negative things about it recently. WoW, just don't know if I can do that again. So any suggestions would be nice.

Comments

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134

You can play WoW with your face, just roll a Paladin.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

What about adventure games like Myst and similar games? I'd recommend something like that.

• ArchemorousArchemorous Member Posts: 197

I suggest good point and click adventure games, like Still Life, The Longest Journey, the Monkey Island series, etc. Also, Diablo2 is well played with just one hand. Having said that, I dont find most themepark mmos to be hard to play with just the mouse. Pressing both buttons to run, click to target and click your skills. You can always go to your control panel and switch the mouse settings to left-hand instead of right-hand and you wont notice much difference. Its not really like writing with your off hand, its much easier.

• colutrcolutr Member Posts: 333

Buy one of these and play just about any game. Avoid games that require you to point and click or make quick turns.

Play puzzle games and singleplayer rpg's

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

Learn to be ambidextrous with your mouse. lol

I can't use my left hand for anything....... at all. I almost no control over it, except when I'm using a mouse. I really don't have a problem using a mouse with my left hand for some reason. I guess got used to it when I was sitting on the couch with my laptop, I hate those laptop touchpads and the only place to use my mouse was on my left side.

But, if you just broke your arm.... use a controller.

• EyeSpEyeEyeSpEye Member Posts: 66

Thanks for the responses. I should also say I have no way of using my right arm/hand on a mouse or controller due to of course the injury and also the way it's casted. I have 0 mobility in my lower arm and minor in my fingers. I also can use my mouse easily left handed, but just not the keyboard and mouse together.

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547
    Originally posted by RedAxe

Originally posted by TheHatter

But, if you just broke your arm.... use a controller.

Helps to read the entire post, instead of just selectively picking out specific pieces and addressing them as you see fit.

He clearly states in his first sentence that he broke it at the wrist, and that his 360 is completely out of the question, obviously due to being unable to use the controller effectively because of his broken wrist.

If I could see out of both of my eyes today, I probably would read the entire post. But I can't and it's hard.

• championsFanchampionsFan Member Posts: 419

Civilization 4: Complete is a great value, and it can comfortably be played with one hand.  That hand has to control the mouse, though.   The game is turn based strategy / empire building so there is no danger of it being too fast paced.

Cryptic is trying a Customer Development approach to MMO creation.

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by championsFan

Civilization 4: Complete is a great value, and it can comfortably be played with one hand.  That hand has to control the mouse, though.   The game is turn based strategy / empire building so there is no danger of it being too fast paced.

was just about to suggest that one.  Yeah I just bought mine on steam last night, and got it for 13.60 for Civ4 complete (includes all expansions).  You should hurry before the sale ends.

Right now I'm currently hooked on Broken Sword mod called "Next War" which you can get walking Robotics Mechs.

EDIT:  Warnining!  This game is highly addictive... like crack.

• BrifBrif Member UncommonPosts: 529

Plants vs Zombies can be played with just a mouse, and it got game of the year from over 9000 websites, so it must be good.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

Wizard 101 is gimp friendly

• FibsdkFibsdk Member Posts: 1,112

This

This is what you need. Footime Footmouse

• vinwieselvinwiesel Member Posts: 114

Find an MMO that is click to move, then mouse left handed.  I think perfect world was, and you could try it free.