I stumbled on Valkyrie Sky about 4 hours before Launch. It is a little unclear whether this is Open Beta or "Launch" but there will be no reset, so take that for what you will. This game takes the form of a Dungeon Crawl / Instanced MMORPG, but rather than dungeons are top down action shooter instances that resembles traditional arcade shooters. Some other features:
- 4 Playable Classes - Each with 3 different sub-classes (Jobs)
- Play arcade shooter as Mage, Summoner, Bowman, or Melee
- Very different skills and ultimate skills for each of the 12 classes - Combine skills to create passive skills
- Party with a team of 4 fighting through each map. (Each map contains 5 stages with a mini-boss stage 3 and a main boss stage 5)
- Fishing, Cooking, Music, Crafting, Enchanting
- Auction House style trading
- Free to Play - Cash shop coming soon
- Pet System
- PvP Duels
Some of the downsides:
- Level Cap - 20 !! ... admins promise regular updates with increased caps in the very near future. Hardcore player could reach level 20 in 5-7 Days. (I'm level 11 after 6 Days)
- Stamina system limits how much you can play.. but it is not as bad as everyone thinks. 1. Don't fight at nighttime (2x stamina cost) .. fish during night - higher chance for minigame which nets rare fish that can be cooked to make edible fish that provide plenty of stamina -- no cap on how many fish you can eat. It's really only an issue around level 5-8 anyway, once you reach higher levels you have much more Stamina - and stamina recharge fish are more affordable.
- Still some crashing issues for some. For me, if my game is going to crash it is in the first 5 minutes I log in .. if I make it past that - I can play for 2+ hours with no issues.
Anyway - Check this one out if you are looking for something new. I have been downloading new games every week looking for something to catch my interest since I quit Atlanitca a few months ago... this is the first game to keep my attention. I hope the level cap increase comes soon - as I feel the community could suffer if high ranking players are discouraged ... as of right now, because the game is less than a week old, the community is strong and friendly.
Here's the link: valkyriesky.gamekiss.com/main.jce
Give me a shout if you have questions on there!