Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AMD or Intel ?

2»

Comments

• AercusAercus Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Originally posted by noquarter

Yea I like the Phenom II 720 BE. Most games can only use 2 cores and a few can use 3, but even the most multi-threaded games don't see much difference between 3 and 4 core so the 720 is just right and has good clock speeds and price.

But it's pretty easy.. AMD < $180, Intel > $180.

QFT.

I think Tom's Hardware has a very good comparative list. Intel reigns supreme on the top end, while AMD takes the mid and low segment due to price.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by SaintViktor

I'm looking to buy a new pc and I was wondering if you guys can help me out to determine the pros and cons of the following processors. I really just want to be able to to play upcoming mmos like The Old Republic and Guild Wars 2.
    1. Athlon II x4 Quad Core
    2. Phenom X2 Dual Core
    3. I5 Core Quad Core
    4. Phenom x4 Quad Core

intel as one feature that make it stand out by a lot.network to processor DIRECT CACHE ACCESS.unless amd support it but doesnt yell it.i got a phenom x2 550 black edition and i dont think it has it .hell its one of the newest core from amd lol.

aside from that i would go for amd take the max setting for amd with all the bell and whisle and you ll be thousand of dollars below itel max setting price

and make sure if you buy amd to buy the amd recommended board for say a x4 975 or whatever

because lot of bios feature are avail only in the amd recommended board and not say in a nvidia board or even a recommended

amd company could have lot of diff.board that go with it.and backward comaptibility always slow performance on any processor.