Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I hate to be too overly critical.... But.

PACEDPACED Member UncommonPosts: 7

There are a few design faults that are quite easy to spot from the tasters and teaser vids that I've seen. The one I'm gonna bring up now is that the characters holding weapons seems to be way off... In the sense that the created character Hexagon the dual-wield ninja seems to hold her swords way too far down the hilt... I really sincerely hope this is ammended before the game is released. I can't believe that their own designers wouldn't have jumped on this earlier. It's really quite hard to watch even from a spectators point of view. Also the way that the said characters hold guns looks pretty shoddy also, in that the trigger fingers aren't even on the triggers. Maybe they believe that attention to detail will be un-important, due to the speed of the game play. But I mean even in CoH, these small but essential graphic simulations are included in a vastly older game. I would hope that SoE isn't trying to cut corners, by rushing it. Otherwise the primary sales might be good but the word of mouth will be the killer of this game. Granted as a free online game it's gonna whip the pants off Guild Wars but (there it is again) Through trial and error the  expectations and standards of the players of MMOs are admittedly very high. I just hope it cuts the mustard. Heaven knows how sick to death of WoW I am. 

Comments

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I wonder if i could ever license the name "Not WoW" for a game. It'd probably do really good.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776
    Originally posted by PACED

There are a few design faults that are quite easy to spot from the tasters and teaser vids that I've seen. The one I'm gonna bring up now is that the characters holding weapons seems to be way off... In the sense that the created character Hexagon the dual-wield ninja seems to hold her swords way too far down the hilt... I really sincerely hope this is ammended before the game is released. I can't believe that their own designers wouldn't have jumped on this earlier. It's really quite hard to watch even from a spectators point of view. Also the way that the said characters hold guns looks pretty shoddy also, in that the trigger fingers aren't even on the triggers. Maybe they believe that attention to detail will be un-important, due to the speed of the game play. But I mean even in CoH, these small but essential graphic simulations are included in a vastly older game. I would hope that SoE isn't trying to cut corners, by rushing it. Otherwise the primary sales might be good but the word of mouth will be the killer of this game. Granted as a free online game it's gonna whip the pants off Guild Wars but (there it is again) Through trial and error the  expectations and standards of the players of MMOs are admittedly very high. I just hope it cuts the mustard. Heaven knows how sick to death of WoW I am. 

Graphical/Animation problems are one of the easiest to fix and while I haven't seen this problem myself I'll be hopeflly optimistic that they will fix this before launch.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....