Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon Age: PC or PS3

2»

Comments

• CrackerrjackCrackerrjack Member Posts: 9

Dragon Age is an over hyped linear movie that has no soul or RPG feeling,just you and you companion in a box movie.

I have it on PC and have played through twice,for me Divinty 2 ego draconis wipes the floor with Dragon Age,it's not even close. Yeah BioWare won these awards ,yes they did but dragon age was worth 85% imo not 90+ that should go to D2 Ego Draconis on the PC.

The ps3 and xbox did not port over very well to pc.

Open 3D sandbox world, beautiful looking and fully voiced, story changing,full crating, sandbox single player RPG that IMO should beat Dragon Age Origins for RPG of the year.

Great cut scenes and story,great hidden quests with the mind read skill,it's just shows that BioWare have lost the RPG heart of their games.

Hitch this game up to extreme settings and it is beautiful,it really demonstrates how BioWare system is dated,players want whole open worlds to explore. Dragon Age is a good game but half the hype is because it's made by Bioware.

If Divinity 2 was made in Canada or the US it would be game of the year.

uk.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/divinity2egodraconis/player_review.html

www.youtube.com/watch

www.youtube.com/watch

www.youtube.com/watch

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Yeh i actually loved divinity too and do plan on buying it aswell but later on since most of my buddies have played this game already and to tell you the truth i kinda like bioware games. Also thanks to the poster who gave me the character creator link, should be the best way for me to see how much my comp can take.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Divinity 2 just came out a few days ago so it's kind of hard to get the game of the year award when the awards has been given out before the game came out. Anyway, I plan to play it as well. I am hoping there is a digital download of the game rather than just a cd.

Tried the character creator with everything maxed and it was smooth as silk but im not sure if thats a good representation of the actual game so yeh still looking for input.

• CrackerrjackCrackerrjack Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by arenasb

Divinity 2 just came out a few days ago so it's kind of hard to get the game of the year award when the awards has been given out before the game came out. Anyway, I plan to play it as well. I am hoping there is a digital download of the game rather than just a cd.

Ermm you do know their is a world outside the USA bubble,right? Divinity 2 Ego Draconis has been out in Europe for nearly 5 weeks,i have had the game for  3 weeks.

Dragon Age = unoriginal story that is a rip from Lord Of The Rings, i don't mean using the same ideas,i mean the story is a copy of the lord of thje rings.

Dragon Age = boring RPG movie that really has know soul.

Dragon Age = Pathetic linear world that keeps you on the path and you can never come off,the world is the worsts box yet from BioWare,it's a joke.

Dragon Age = overhype by this mmorpg forum and many other pro- american gaming sites,even though BioWare are canadian.

Dragonsang is a very simlar game that does it way better..

www.drakensang.com/

Divinity 2 Ego Draconis really really show just how lame BioWare have got.

SWTOR is going to be great watching all the mmorpg complain about the complete lack of open world,no matter what BioWare say, i would like to see what they call open world because their track record is bad.

SWTOR = kotor 3 with a pathetic multiplayer add on that should not be called a mmorpg.

Companions should really make you see where BioWare are going with swtor,they want you to do the game solo then reroll atls..

They are clueless if they think mmorpg gamers will stand for that crock of poo.

Originally posted by Crackerrjack

Ermm you do know their is a world outside the USA bubble,right? Divinity 2 Ego Draconis has been out in Europe for nearly 5 weeks,i have had the game for  3 weeks.

There is no world outside of the USA, don't kid yourself.

• illanadanillanadan Member Posts: 314

As far as the game mechanics/sfx/gfx it looks great on the 360. Controls are good but I would have loved to been able to select more than a mere two sets of three choice for shortcut slots. Besides that gameplay was great on the first play through, just dont expect much else from follow-up play through's. This is my biggest complaint with ANY Bioware game, their replay ability (which is why I am afraid for the Star Wars: The Old Republic  MMO. 

- Case: Thermaltake Kandalf Black Chassis
    - CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz (OC'd 4.2GHz on Water Cooling)
    - Memory: Mushkin 8Gb (4x 2Gb) DDR3 1600Mhz
    - HDD: Dual Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM
    - GFX: (2) XFX Radeon HD 5870 in CrossFire - New upgrade! :)

"I like wow, I like aion and I like AoC all for different reasons.....the later cause i get to see boobs, but still its a reason!!" - Sawlstone

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by illanadan

As far as the game mechanics/sfx/gfx it looks great on the 360. Controls are good but I would have loved to been able to select more than a mere two sets of three choice for shortcut slots. Besides that gameplay was great on the first play through, just dont expect much else from follow-up play through's. This is my biggest complaint with ANY Bioware game, their replay ability (which is why I am afraid for the Star Wars: The Old Republic  MMO. 

i dont think the game has any real degree of longevity... tbh, i'd be impressed if anyone actually stuck it out and played all the way through.. i couldnt keep it up..  looks good though

All i know is that is a great value for the game play, I got over 100 hours on my first play through. No other single player game has ever come close to that, at least in my experience.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

All i know is that is a great value for the game play, I got over 100 hours on my first play through. No other single player game has ever come close to that, at least in my experience.

not even Oblivion ?

i do prefer MMO's but, i would have to say that Oblivion is my all time favourite.

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

I had 200 hours in Dragon Guard by SquireAnex

Had a Blast Lvling up all the weapons to MAX, just to Read the lore on each weapon, that unlocks as you lvl them up. Also the changing art was great on the weapon as they lvled.

DragonGuard 2 was lame. The developers seem like they got lazy on the Weapon thing.

I couldn't get into Oblivion. I think a lot of that has to do with my dislike of 1st person in RPG's.

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

I couldn't get into Oblivion. I think a lot of that has to do with my dislike of 1st person in RPG's.

IMO, it was fun at first, but once I brought it for my PS3 after my 360 was destroyed, I just couldnt get into it.

the Controls feel too clunky.

I cant stand the after delay swing effect when you hit the swing button relly fast.

But still was more fun then (you know who)

So ive seen people talk about dragon age being over 100 hours long, is this the main story or doing all the side missions as well? I also heard that each race has a completely different story and in total there's 7 different plots?

---Still looking for input on my specs as well.

• LaurandaLauranda Member Posts: 70
    Originally posted by Gabby-air

So ive seen people talk about dragon age being over 100 hours long, is this the main story or doing all the side missions as well? I also heard that each race has a completely different story and in total there's 7 different plots?

I have a single core (AMD 4000) and it worked fine on highest settings (thought I did have some chop at certain times, but I think it was other programs running in the background because it wasn't all the time).  I have 3.2ram (4 in an XP machine) and an 8800gt card.

I gave up on the game, but I can tell you what I know or have heard.  I've heard the game is around 70-80 hours.  Each story (there are 6 and not necessarily based on race...more a combo of race and class) has a 45-60 minute starter area.  After that, everything is the same, although people will make references to your race, class and gender in dialogue.

• Cbdragon1Cbdragon1 Member Posts: 48

I think 100 hours is a bit high.  My first playthrough was about 70 hours with all the sidequests.  I think you could blast through the main story in 40-45 hours.

I have the PC and 360 versions.  I liked the game on the PC for several reason, such as the wider tactical look, the difficulty was higher on the PC, and I like some of the player created Mods.  I think the game looks slightly better on the PC as well.

Each race's story isn't completely different.  Only the origin stories are different, which is about the first hour or so of the game.  Some characters will react differently towards your character depending on which origin story you selected.  But, other than some minor things here and there the majority of the story is the same regardless of the origin you chose. 

I think your specs look fine to run the game. 

I had over 100 hours on my first play through. However, I did all of the quests that I found plus I read all of the book entries. There are some quasi quests (not really quests because they don't show up as quests but they are quest like) that you can do by reading your notebook. Really the game is what you make of it. If you try to explore everything and read all then it is a very rewarding game. If you are looking for an action oriented rpg or approach it with an mmo perspective it probably isn't the game you want. And some people just don't like Bioware's way of telling the story (as you have seen from some of the opinions around here). Those are certainly valid viewpoints and opinions, however I think the majority of the people who have played it have enjoyed the game.

With that said, get it on your PC, it is a better experience on the PC and I think your specs should be fine.

Edit: I wanted to add that there are different endings to the game depending on the choices you make while playing.

• DeienDeien Member Posts: 121

PC all the way for this game and games like them there is just more to them on the pc vs ps3 or xbox 360.

Alright, that should be more than enough to convince me to buy it for my PC. Thanks alot guys!

@bioware: Yeh, just the other day i was saying that the best rpg companies like bioware and bethesda are hated by alot of hardcore rpg guys but i never understood it. I guess people want a more open world to live and explore in rather than bioware's story telling way of progression. I personally fell in love with bioware after playing mass effect, best game ive played in my life so i guess this game won't disappoint me. Another thing is, when these games are sandboxy i kinda feel left alone since your all by yourself and living in a big world all by yourself so i leave my sandbox love for MMORPG's. All opinions in the end though.

• biogermbiogerm Member UncommonPosts: 168

Alright, that should be more than enough to convince me to buy it for my PC. Thanks alot guys!
    @bioware: Yeh, just the other day i was saying that the best rpg companies like bioware and bethesda are hated by alot of hardcore rpg guys but i never understood it. I guess people want a more open world to live and explore in rather than bioware's story telling way of progression. I personally fell in love with bioware after playing mass effect, best game ive played in my life so i guess this game won't disappoint me. Another thing is, when these games are sandboxy i kinda feel left alone since your all by yourself and living in a big world all by yourself so i leave my sandbox love for MMORPG's. All opinions in the end though.

mass effect was also one of my best gaming experience in my life for a single player game, on the other hand even tough dragon age is fun, i do not quite feel its on the same gaming level as mass effect, for one im playing in nightmare and still cut through just about everything (not even using the blood dragon armor), same for your side kicks, i felt a lot more attached to ash or tali from alistair&morrigan, i do love the fact they make reference to mass effect ^ ^. still i think you will like, its just about X3 of the mass effect playgame time, ok going to listen to some mass effect music now,

cheers. 

I 3930k -- Rampage IV Extreme -- G.skill RipjawsZ 32 GB -- Corsair Force Series 3 120gb -- G.skill Phoenix Pro 60gb -- WD 1 TB Black -- Corsair H 100 -- Thermaltake Level 10 Gt Snow Edition -- Corsair AX1200 -- Asus 560 Ti Sli -- Microsoft Sidewinder X4 -- Logitech G5 -- DELL UltraSharp 2007FP -- Samsung Syncmaster Sa700 -- Logitech Z2300 -- Logitech G35 -- Logitech G600 White -- coming soon : Dell U2711.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Pc because you get better graphics, point and click is easier than the controller and  modding tools comes with the pc version.

• wolvie3131wolvie3131 Member UncommonPosts: 196

PC better controls, better combat, and player made mods....

• AionloversAionlovers Member Posts: 4

Micromanagement does take a lot of time, but you'll get the most out of your characters. When a downed character is revived, Dragon Age penalizes your party in the form of stat-weakening injuries.

If you have a well-balanced party, you can avoid these penalties while effectively creating combos to decimate your opponents. For example, you can cast a spell to freeze approaching monsters and have your warriors smash the creatures into pieces. Battle within the game is frequently a brutal affair, with spells streaking towards their intended target and clashing swords bouncing off shields and enemies.

Even more striking is the attention paid to kills and critical hits, and watching heads get lopped off, or beasts getting impaled are fantastic touches.

However, I had a couple problems with the battle system. First off, the game doesn't really scale enemies to match your characters' levels, so after a while, some fights are designed to overwhelm your party with size instead of skill. In fact, once you start to approach level 20, many of the Darkspawn are killed in a matter of seconds, drawing out play unnecessarily.

Another issue is that everyone, regardless of their distance to a fight, looks like they walked through a slaughterhouse afterwards. Why is my mage, who's a sizable distance from the fight, covered in red? It seems like some of that blood could've been toned down especially since it takes a while to disappear.

• krowxxviikrowxxvii Member Posts: 177

Both my brothers bought it for the PS3. I watched them play for a bit, saw how the controls worked and whatnot. The controls are decent enough, taking a better approach than Oblivion did (IMO). Both my brothers love the game.

I refused to get Dragon Age for anything but the PC (that's just me though, PC Gamer 4 Life). I own a XBOX 360 that just collects dust.

I've gotten Dragon Age to run on my laptop (which isn't a great gaming rig). The graphics are decent enough on lower settings, but look way better maxed out, of course.

I recommend PC version, just because PC's are the shiz. Consoles suck period. But to each their own.

You can't use the tools if you don't know they exist...
    http://www.ic3.gov - Internet Crime Complaint Center - Report cyber crimes to the FBI.

http://www.spamcop.net - SpamCop.net - Report spam and scam emails.

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/ - Network Solutions WHOIS - Investigate and reveal suspcious websites.

• Chiodos0542Chiodos0542 Member Posts: 10

PC. I played all the way through on both and PC was better.

When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops. Where do I turn to make the pain stop?