Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MORTAL ONLINE WARNING

Comments

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722
    Originally posted by Sagremor 
    The MMO world is filled with high expectation and low quality products...

Yes completely true.

• DollMighty8313DollMighty8313 Member Posts: 179

The complete truth to this thread is that the OP is pissed off for something that was explained from day one.   Star Vault freely posted their "Return Policy" and it was plain old black and white simplicity.  You buy the game--refunds would be given on a case by case basis on their disgression.  

Mortals Community is full of too many short tempered people who think they know everything and because they've spent some money on the game are entitled to more than just a copy of the game when it comes out.  Every time that the game was pushed back they let their community know.  EVERY TIME.  They let us all know what was going on before they left for their two week vacation, they let us know it was pushed back a month again early Jan.  Some people just can't handle waiting and get all fired up over it.  At the end of the day its still just a damn video game--if you can't handle stress and waiting and all that you really shouldn't be playing any MMO at all.  The games gonna come out and you'll play it--if you love it you'll probably never post in these forums again about the game.   But heaven forbid that you don't like it then you'll come back and all the delays and other minor insignificant stuff you will turn into a major reason why SV Sucks.  I've played enough MMO's, as well have most other people, to know that there are about 5-6 different types of people for every MMO and you certainly fall into one of them.

Originally posted by dollada06

The complete truth to this thread is that the OP is pissed off for something that was explained from day one.   Star Vault freely posted their "Return Policy" and it was plain old black and white simplicity.  You buy the game--refunds would be given on a case by case basis on their disgression.  
    Mortals Community is full of too many short tempered people who think they know everything and because they've spent some money on the game are entitled to more than just a copy of the game when it comes out.  Every time that the game was pushed back they let their community know.  EVERY TIME.  They let us all know what was going on before they left for their two week vacation, they let us know it was pushed back a month again early Jan.  Some people just can't handle waiting and get all fired up over it.  At the end of the day its still just a damn video game--if you can't handle stress and waiting and all that you really shouldn't be playing any MMO at all.  The games gonna come out and you'll play it--if you love it you'll probably never post in these forums again about the game.   But heaven forbid that you don't like it then you'll come back and all the delays and other minor insignificant stuff you will turn into a major reason why SV Sucks.  I've played enough MMO's, as well have most other people, to know that there are about 5-6 different types of people for every MMO and you certainly fall into one of them.

Hello Doll.Adam (aka Ville) 

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Originally posted by dollada06

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you didn't actually read the whole thread and just read the post(s) from 2 months ago.. but felt compelled to reply

As stated and shown in the the thread, no.. the refund policy was NOT clearly stated as it was only explained in a small clicky on the side of the screen that you had to look for and didn't have to click to order.  Also, as shown in the thread it doesn't really matter what they put in a clicky as they HAVE to offer refunds by both EU law and their terms of use with Visa and Mastercard.  They could have put a line in there saying that they claim your 1st born son and it would have had the same validity.  Anyone who tried could get a refund and many have.  The steps and results are described in many places.. and I believe in this thread.  I personally did not only get my $75 but i was also refunded all finance charges from purchase in July until refund in Feb.

Finally.. not only was I never notified of a delay... but I NEVER.. EVER got any replies to my messages to their support or info emails.  I am not alone.. many... many people have had similar issues. Just look on these forums or even their own official forums.  The good news is that there are laws and regulation that protect consumers against illegal business practices and it really was fairly simple to recover my money.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• sickansickan Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Originally posted by colutr

So when will those working DVDs actually be delivered?  There are people who still haven't received their box copies yet and it has been 40 days since they mailed them.

What good is the new DVD going to do anyone when it arrives a month after thegame launches?

I didn't ask you when they would ship.  I asked when the players would receive them.  It has taken a month or more for the boxes to arrive so once again I ask.. what good will it do to receive a working dvd a month after the game releases?

What good will a  "working" DVD be? Well, not to good. But since this is what they said was the terms when you bought the game, and you accepted this, why whine about it now?

Since the DVD work today, even though it is outdated (duh!), I do not see the probmlem. Install -> patch -> play. What is the big deal?

WARNING: Mortal Online will make you addicted to pvp! Watch out because it will be a great game!

Originally posted by sickan

WARNING: Mortal Online will make you addicted to pvp! Watch out because it will be a great game!

You fans need to stop saying it "will" be a great game and it has "potential" because you "hope" it will be good.  Why do you guys constantly use those terms?  Its really annoying

• sickansickan Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by rlmccoy1987

You fans need to stop saying it "will" be a great game and it has "potential" because you "hope" it will be good.  Why do you guys constantly use those terms?  Its really annoying

Well, I use the term "will be" because it "will be" at launch. I did not use the word potential at all, since it is already beyond that (imo). And obviously "it will" be better along with the time after release, just like all other games out there (indies or not)...

Well, I use the term "will be" because it "will be" at launch. I did not use the word potential at all, since it is already beyond that (imo). And obviously "it will" be better along with the time after release, just like all other games out there (indies or not)...

Everyone just has to hang on until Monday.  The Miracle patch will prove all the critics to be wrong.  SV has known about the serious issues for a long time and have been working hard to get them fixed.  These are good guys.  I played on a private UO server with them and they made an tournament thatw as fun.  One of them also stopped into my vent server once.  Good guys.  have faith.  Monday you will all see your faith rewarded!

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• gringemoregringemore Member Posts: 182

Im giving them a second chance myself. BTW wondering if anyone got warned for talking bad about this game , because I did a while back. That sorta thing makes me sick its like big effin deal.

• wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506

Everyone just has to hang on until Monday.  The Miracle patch will prove all the critics to be wrong.  SV has known about the serious issues for a long time and have been working hard to get them fixed.  These are good guys.  I played on a private UO server with them and they made an tournament thatw as fun.  One of them also stopped into my vent server once.  Good guys.  have faith.  Monday you will all see your faith rewarded!

LOL - another "Just wait for that Magic patch"

There has never been a "Magic" patch for any mmo that was released to early...

Originally posted by wesjr

There has never been a team as dedicated to their game as SV is. This is why indie companies are better than big ones with money.  They may not have any experience making MMORPGs but they are big fans of UO.  Have you seen the powerpoint they made about the game/  That is the best gaming powerpoint presentation I have ever seen... and they are a small indie company.   These guys know about all the bugs and hacks and have been working on fixes.  I believe that they know that hit detection is done client side and lends itself to cheating as your client tells the server whether or not you hit something.  I think they know about the folks hackng the guards... I'm pretty sure they know about the hackers that were running through town instakilling everyone.. or speedhacking... or teleporting.  Have no fear.. they are on top of the issue!  This is why we have betas.  This is why it is good that they delayed the game from last summer.. they knew they had to fix things!  They are hard at work on the database issues... redoing the whole skill aquisition system in open beta proves that they are open to trying new ideas. 

Noone can say they aren;t working hard.  Just give it a few more days and the Monday Miracle patch will reward the faithful and have the critics crawling back on hands and knees!

Originally posted by wesjr

There has never been a team as dedicated to their game as SV is. This is why indie companies are better than big ones with money.  They may not have any experience making MMORPGs but they are big fans of UO.  Have you seen the powerpoint they made about the game/  That is the best gaming powerpoint presentation I have ever seen... and they are a small indie company.   These guys know about all the bugs and hacks and have been working on fixes.  I believe that they know that hit detection is done client side and lends itself to cheating as your client tells the server whether or not you hit something.  I think they know about the folks hackng the guards... I'm pretty sure they know about the hackers that were running through town instakilling everyone.. or speedhacking... or teleporting.  Have no fear.. they are on top of the issue!  This is why we have betas.  This is why it is good that they delayed the game from last summer.. they knew they had to fix things!  They are hard at work on the database issues... redoing the whole skill aquisition system in open beta proves that they are open to trying new ideas. 

Noone can say they aren;t working hard.  Just give it a few more days and the Monday Miracle patch will reward the faithful and have the critics crawling back on hands and knees!

Wow...  I can't tell if your joking or you have become the biggest fanbot I have ever seen... 

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

He's being sarcastic :)

BTW Slapshot, you got a PM.

Originally posted by HerculesSAS

He's being sarcastic :)

BTW Slapshot, you got a PM.

I hope so... 

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827

If your new to scene i say its sad this happens, but its an indie company so dont accept to much from them, its not blizzard or ncsoft.

But it seems you register in 07 on this forum so a complete newbee your not and if you even follow a little how it works with the smaller game companys you should have known and waited before handing you cash to them.

75$ wow thats alot for such unknown game, even Darkfall was 50$ and they did not even had epic aspublisher to support them.

Well hope you have learned your lesson never pay for something you dont even know if they can deliver specially small developers.

Good luck tho.

P.S. If you like free for all full loot pvp in sandbox settings why you not try Darkfall its real and polished and almost run now for a year.

Just a thought.

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827
    Originally posted by kakarotrage

Like Darkfall.. this is what you get when you're dealing with amateurs.

Darkfall deliverd, they just where overwhelmed by attention they got from more then 350k registered in no more then few months just before they launched sure they where indie company and maybe comepare to blizzard amateurs but they have always delivered and many now are happy playing a real game thats very polished and enjoyable.

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

• AmonSulAmonSul Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by daarco

Relax!
    You will get your boxed copy later. No worry.

That is NOT the issue. I got the stupid box but I also want a refund since it was implied that the game would be shipped Q3/Q4 2009 when I paid for the pre-order. Now we are in middle of Q1 2010 and I still dont have an actual date for the release.

If that is not a legitimate reason for refund then I dont know what is. Companies cannot take peoples money for pre-orders and then postpone the game indefinetely. That is just plain ridicilous and borderline scamming.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by AmonSul

Originally posted by daarco

Relax!
    You will get your boxed copy later. No worry.

That is NOT the issue. I got the stupid box but I also want a refund since it was implied that the game would be shipped Q3/Q4 2009 when I paid for the pre-order. Now we are in middle of Q1 2010 and I still dont have an actual date for the release.

If that is not a legitimate reason for refund then I dont know what is. Companies cannot take peoples money for pre-orders and then postpone the game indefinetely. That is just plain ridicilous and borderline scamming.

I understand the game isn't exactly of ideal quality. However what does it matter if it's gone gold or not, you can play it either way?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• MacLinuxMacLinux Member Posts: 93

To the OP: never pay for an alpha.

MO is an alpha for the moment, never paid a ct for the beta (sorry the alpha) testing. I won't pay 1 ct until SV has somethin to sell. All Indie cies arent' amateurs: think about Icarus. They are one of the most professional and serious cies of the mmo market. You pay you have the game, you have a free trial, you'll have plenty of GM everytime, a lot of improvements (patches), a forum etc. You can pay by paypal : ZERO problem.

• PoopyStuffPoopyStuff Member Posts: 297

This is in no way his fault

He paid for a product.

he expects to get it as advertised.

He would win in a court of law.

• MacLinuxMacLinux Member Posts: 93

A court of law for a game ROFL 

A big lol. plenty of dollars or euros for a lawyer against 60 euros in a box ?

Forget. next time; never pay for an alpha. 

• MMOrUSMMOrUS Member Posts: 414

No sympathy here.

There are umpteen warnings posted here on a weekly basis about games and the companies behind them shafting their various prospective customers, read the forums, do some blasted research, but please oh please don't pre-order a game just to get into a beta, your asking for trouble, no infact your wearing a big sign that says "Take my money and screw me over, please".

I waited patiently for the OB, I started last week and thank heavens I never invested any money in this pile of poop of a game.

Again no sympathy here, there have been ample enough warnings and the first of them started with a little game called Dark and Light, read up on your MMO history and you might just learn a lesson or 2 before parting with your hard earned cash next time your too impatient to wait.

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558
    Originally posted by MMOrUS

No sympathy here.
    There are umpteen warnings posted here on a weekly basis about games and the companies behind them shafting their various prospective customers, read the forums, do some blasted research, but please oh please don't pre-order a game just to get into a beta, your asking for trouble, no infact your wearing a big sign that says "Take my money and screw me over, please".
    I waited patiently for the OB, I started last week and thank heavens I never invested any money in this pile of poop of a game.
    Again no sympathy here, there have been ample enough warnings and the first of them started with a little game called Dark and Light, read up on your MMO history and you might just learn a lesson or 2 before parting with your hard earned cash next time your too impatient to wait.

i had money to waist so meh andi can always just sub if things arent that great at release people need to just chill a lil and give  amatur devs some time to learn.. but know people dont think of this they only think me me me me

• biplexbiplex Member Posts: 268

When they start charging you dont threat them like amateurs anymore (not that it was relevant anyway).

http://www.teraonline.info.pl Polski Poradnik Gry Tera Online

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269
    Originally posted by biplex

When they start charging you dont threat them like amateurs anymore (not that it was relevant anyway).

Using that sort of logic you will never again see a game of the eve ilk.

The fact of the matter is large dev houses will not release deep involving games as each new feature added reduces its prospective audience and they are all about the numbers. Indy devs, especially those new to the scene will make mistakes, run out of funds and pretty much always release a game when it is still in development (foregoing an mmo is always in development, more for features than mechanics). Right now MO hasn't released, no-one is paying a sub and a majority in OB havn't paid anything.

Expectations have increased to a point where only $20-50M games will ever get past the bs about being unfinished and then will be ripped by older mmo players because they feel empty as they needed to get the numbers in. It's insane.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”