Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

world of warcraft cataclysm - succses or failure ??

12346»

Comments

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

Probably play for a month or two, but if Cataclysm is recycled content and not much else, won't be there for long. I'm sure Blizz will survive that.

• CypryssCypryss Member Posts: 84

World of Warcraft's pinnacle was the first half to the second year into the life of the game. Ever since they it's just been a class/spec disappointment.

Blizzard has gone from the ideal company I used to love. To a gluttonous ignorant self righteous troll. That's only soul purpose is to find new ways to piss off the player. Sure they have done some awesome stuff with wow but, Cata will be no different from any other expansion prior to it. Same kill x, collect y and raid this once per week while fighting over nodes. At the same time playing the op game between classes and have some lame ass excuse of x being "TOO GOOD".

There is actually really only  6 to 10% of people world wide that actually get to partake in the whole Xpac while Hardcore like myself  will  ending up leveling there 7th alt they play with max professions to end game for the third time.

Somewhere down the road Blizzard's idea of fun changed and instead of actually bettering he classes they leave things broken. Until a out spoke player like myself comes along with our Army of alts and says "AH ha, you're full of shit!"

If  you're a 16 year old Canadian boy that get a 46 year old US Women to jump on a plane and go meet him in a hotel room for some IRL RP then WOW might still be for you.

He can actually say "I'm doing your mom!" and can back it up.

Enjoy Cata nerds and the overwhelmed over popped Alliance with 5646565656516516516565165656511 Worgen running around. I'm going to go shoot stuff instead.

• caalemcaalem Member UncommonPosts: 289

What I'm expecting out of cataclysm:

More homogenization(Rogues need a healing tree!), less stats(Having to manage stats to properly gear your character is too difficult for the average person playing WoW. Can't tell you how many times I saw people completely geared wrong in BC.), merging of most talents so that the talent trees become even more cookie cutter and taking a wrong talent is impossible, recycled content, more dungeons with a "hard" and "easy" mode so everyone feels like they succeeded.

Oh, and of course, new achievements for doing nothing besides playing a game.

• SuniojSunioj Member Posts: 261

What a dumb thread title, uhm it's going to be a success no matter how you cut it.  It's WoW, the easiest MMO on the face of the earth.  More people play it then any other game out there.  It's going to continue to make money hand over fist and this expansion is going to not only give the hardcore fans something new to do, but introduce anyone who has been under a rock for the past 5 and a half years a whole updated experience  to enjoy.

Momo sucks, I have proof.

• WilliacWilliac Member Posts: 212

Wow failed, for me that is, when the TBC arrived. The original Wow was great imo, and suited the lore perfectly. With TBC they began to change that and made weapons that looked like something from Star Wars and other High tech movies. Blood elves were nice. Draenei really broke the game for me, with their spaceship thingy. I mean, if they can build a starship like that, with cool gadgets inside, then why not make weapons that are much better than swords and other old stuff? Several other things just crashed the game, and i just had to leave. Wow was a fantastic game, but the devs just kept adding stuff I've never expected to see in the Warcraft universe.

Cataclysm will probably be a great expansion for those still playing. World has been changed and so on. What bothers me, even though i don't play anymore, is the new races. Goblins and Worgens? I thought goblins stayed neutral? and Worgens? Does Ally just get all the sucky races, gnomes(sorrry), Draenei and now this.

• CypryssCypryss Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by Sunioj

What a dumb thread title, uhm it's going to be a success no matter how you cut it.  It's WoW, the easiest MMO on the face of the earth.  More people play it then any other game out there.  It's going to continue to make money hand over fist and this expansion is going to not only give the hardcore fans something new to do, but introduce anyone who has been under a rock for the past 5 and a half years a whole updated experience  to enjoy.

Whatever you say there Jeff. Truth is if a Hardcore player like myself is getting turned off the chances are the casual player is starting to feel those effects as well.

• aretinaaretina Member UncommonPosts: 104

What Cata will change?

Will it bring old pure joy from BGs like it was in Vanilla?

Will they remove those stupid achis or at least make them account bound?

Will they homogenize classes even more making evrything less unique?

I was WoW fan but there is nothing more for me to look into it , this will be succes for Blizzard i bet and WoW already dominate MMO market so nothing will change only maybe more and more people will leave if they won't do something fresh in cata.( Not talking here about archeology for example its just another grind placeholder )

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297
    Originally posted by Deestroy

Originally posted by Lexiscat

Originally posted by Deestroy

This will be one of the worst expansions in history. Keep in mind most of the bad changes from WOTLK were not made by any of the original Devs, no Chilton and Street are in charge now, so the next one will be the embodiment of their minds.... Jesus. So their doing away with more stats and making the game even more armor based meaning the dps and hp will scale about Three times what is is now, but you will do so much damage fights will be ... well fights will be stupid. They are taking a huge crap on the lore, Tauren Paladins is just fKin Stupid, and so is Worgen.. alliance Worgen, Gnome Shadow priests, Undead hunters the list of stupid idiot crap goes on and on, Its like this game was created by Retarded ADD kids. Any old fed up players will leave because of this. No one who liked Vanilla will hang around for this garbage. Even People that started from BC will get sick of this thing. This expansion is For Kids and By Kids.

I don't understand this. Most of your points highlight the fact they are making it more like Vanilla WoW, which is what brought so many people to their game. (Well, that and the fact its Blizzard + Warcraft)

I have faith that the highly experienced, educated, and trained people at Blizzard will make the right decisions for their game.

More like Vanilla WOW by making the problems created by WOTLK worse? You have to be joking right? Vanilla wow was not about obscene stats on armor and it CERTAINLY was not about homoginized classes. By standing with and expanding on the existing system they will only make the current problems worse, more burst less survivability. They are even punishing cross specs or hybrid specs and rewarding Cookie cutter builds so they can say their talents arent crap, which they are. Vanilla wow promoted world pvp and working hard for raid rewards, back when it really was bring the player.

One of the signs that Blizz doesn't always think things through is Sunwell and ICC.  The stats on tanks are getting so absurd they actually had to do a zone-wide debuff to give the bosses a fighting chance.  That shows they are not balancing the new gear very well vs the mobs.

Of course, anyone remember when epics were... oh gee I dunno.. actually rare?  My 1st epic was the Bow of Searing Arrows, got it in Uldaman for my Hunter.  Now, frikking epics are dropping almost everywhere in Northrend.  If you don't have a single epic by now, you are doing something seriously wrong or are the worst die-roller in MMO history.

Blizz tends to overreact to changes.  Ret pallies were so nerfed for so long.   Then Wrath hits and POOF they made them with unlimited mana then OOPS scaled them back then POOF changed their attacks from holy to physical which lowered dps then OOPS tried to fix it back again.  Same thing with BC, they overloaded with stats (spell hit, spell crit, regular hit, etc.) then condensed them back before Wrath but then added more (hasted and ArP).

Finally homoginized the classes was A Bad Idea.  Oh and the DK's are "epic but equal" was probably the most moronic thing I've ever heard a developer say in any company.  If something is epic then it's not equal, hence why it's EPIC.