Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just picked up the Complete Collection.....4gb update!! Ugh. Picking a server?

EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

I figure since I haven't had an update disc of the game for a long time I'd pick up the latest version for $20. What sold me on it was the 60 day free time. I was going to reset fresh anyway and since I been away from the game in any serious manner for a long time I figure why not create a new account. Now I know even with the updated disc I'd have to update the game but this is just crazy. This is also without the optional updates turned on as well! It's clear they expect you to have a broadband connection now. I feel sorry for those still trying to play a MMORPG with a dial up. I wish I had my cable connection though DSL isn't to bad or that much different until I get around to doing something like this.

At least it's given me time to play Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks while I'm waiting. Though I figure I won't be able to play until tomorrow morning so I'll it finish up overnight. Thankfully I'm off until the 4th. Love working for a school district.

In the mean time are Crushbone and AB still the most most populated servers? I think that was the case some time ago. Or do all of them have a decent population? I might not be grouping for a while but at least would like some decent conversation in chat and be able to find a decent guild to make friends.

Thanks

Comments

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414

Chrusbone and AB are high pop yes but also Lucan De Lere has a good population, Unrest is supposed to be good too especially if you are looking for raiding later. As I always say avoid AB the server lag and the server crashes due to overload are not funny, pick any of the other 3.

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

Thanks. Are there some servers that happen to be labeled eastern time zone servers in that they their prime time is usually around 7pm to 12pm EST?

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414

Well the only server that has a different timezone is Najena the unofficial pacific server, otherwise I think most are active on US time. Both AB and LdL has lots of EU players too so they are active around the clock.

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I remember that farse ,mine if i remember was more than 4gb,you may be in for a surprise lmao.I think it ignores the optional update check mark,i am pretty sure you will end up with the entire game.It took me forever like over night and about 12 hours the next day,the download was massive.

So expect that 4Gb then another bunch of d/l's to follow,that is probably only one expansion pack lol.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

Thankfully it was just that. Perhaps a tiny bit above that. When I turned on the other updates afterward nothing downloaded so those might have been included on the disc or were apart of the big download.

• SoludeSolude Member UncommonPosts: 691

Those bastards and their adding of nearly 4GB of content ;)

Seriously though you might want to pick a server from the forums by browsing them looking for a guild with an active presence that is recruiting.  Good chance of the guild is active on the forums and seeking new players as members they are geared for that and not a top end raid guild who will ignore you until you are 80 in T2.