Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No longer worth 15 dollars a month.

13»

Comments

• ZilverrugZilverrug Member Posts: 132

When you get bored or annoyed by a game, when it irritates you more and you do not enjoy it anymore, the only sensible thing to do is to spend your time (and money) on something else.

It might be another game, it might be something else completely.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

WoW will last a long time yet, it has watered down it's gameplay to now be the MMO "training wheels" of the genre (in my view), it's the MMO equivalent of the bright red & yellow tricycle you had as a 3 year old.

If WoW is no longer engaging it's not because it has become a bad game, it's because you as a player have outgrown it & are now ready for something that has teeth.

OP is pretty self-contradictory about the whole loot/raiding/group/guild thing though, actually sounding very much like part of the problem.

As far as the game being worth 15 dollars a month, yeah it is, just not to you.

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719

Originally posted by Robokapp
    I'm showing you the trend.
    The trend, existing only in your imagination and based on irrelevant input data? Thank you.
    /yawn

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

This doesn't look so stable to me. But it doesn't prove anything one way or another, if Cataclysm is successful they will start to go up again, or if it is a failure the curve will die.

But there is no chance that Wow always will be the largest game, sooner or later will a new game take over. But I doubt it will be 2010, 2011 or 2012 is more likely, or even later. And that game wont be the largest forever either, that is how the computer games market works. MMOs are a lot larger and more updated then single player games so they last longer but nothing lasts forever... (...in a cold November rain).

• FrobnerFrobner Member Posts: 649

WOW is getting very dated in many sense now.  Alot of MMOs on the market have overtaken the game in terms of pretty much anything other than quality control and bugfree content.  When that happens I feel WOW will suffer big time.

WOW at current state is just milking as much money as they possibly can.  And for me - the game became worthless (not just the 15 dollars) when a pet-shop was put into the game - instead of creating meaningfull ingame CONTENT to get those pets.  That crossed the line - and it will just get worse from now on regarding their item mall.

• kevorkianjkevorkianj Member Posts: 54

Originally posted by Skuz

If WoW is no longer engaging it's not because it has become a bad game, it's because you as a player have outgrown it & are now ready for something that has teeth.
    OP is pretty self-contradictory about the whole loot/raiding/group/guild thing though, actually sounding very much like part of the problem.

Well said.

OP, let it go. You're sad about losing your interest in something you once loved dearly.

• Vaske1984Vaske1984 Member Posts: 228
    Originally posted by silent_eyes

I've been playing World of Warcraft since just after Beta now....I grinded my ass off with online friends to reach the level 60 mark in the original World of Warcraft, before The Burning Crusade...I've played since before they started to nerf it to the point that it is now. So how about this for a review? Don't play it.....And before any of you yell "Nerd Rage" or "Newb"....I've capped 6 classes. Paladin, Priest, Mage, Hunter, Death Knight, and Warlock.
        Reasons as to why you might want to play, if you chose to ignore this, are these....
        The game does have decent graphics for a huge game...If you actually read what the quest givers say, there is a good story line. The depths that they give character's backgrounds are pretty good. They stuck with the Warcraft lore, except in The Burning Crusade (they kinda went AWOL with that one.), and brought into play different races for each side and unique characters. The game also has a good crafting system in which a play can have two main professions and all the secondary ones.
        Reasons as to why you don't want to spend $14.99 a month....
        The game is most likely going to die before it hits the 6th year mark. The economy, even on the new servers, suck. Seriously, I've seen a stack of Gold Bars go for 30 Silver on one server, and 100 Gold on another....You have people who are level 80 and don't even know how to play their class right. Paladins are nothing more than Healadins now, Hunters are all classified as Huntards, and let's not forget Wrath of the Lich King's Death Knight class. The introduction of a Hero class was a good, but mainly a bad idea. The Death Knights are largely over powered and can kill anything. I found that out when I just left the beginning area at Level 58 and killed a Level 61 Elite and two Level 60s by myself, without potions. Anyways...The Servers are not what they say. RP (Role Play) Servers are no longer used for RP, you might find RP on them sometimes, but good luck with that. Most, if not all, servers have now become grind parties for people who don't understand the concept of being nice. Here is a couple examples: Gear Check - "LF2M to do Violet Hold Heroic, Gear Check." "Hey, can I join in? There are pieces of armor I really need in there." "Nope sorry, you can't. Your helm isn't good enough." "But this is the best helm I can get, the only one better is in there on Heroic." "Well you can't join unless you have that helm." ....Yea, retarded...Here's another one. A large number of guilds that do Instance/Dungeon Raids, will not let you in unless you are from that guild. Which sucks because you will most likely need the gear from that Raid (Tier Gear), but you have to leave your guild just to join their guild, go through an initiation that normally takes a few days to a week (Which normally the test is that you have to go through the Raids that you need and others and not be allowed to greed/need on anything.), only to find out that they aren't doing those Raids anymore. And you left the guild that you had been in and possible even started, just to hang out with people who think they are better than you. So your chances of finding a good server, slim. Blizzard didn't start making the game crappy, the people in it did. And because a handful of people piss and moan because the "Game is too hard." Blizzard is forced to make it easier, or they lose profits. And by making it easier, more Hardcore Gamers, leave.
        Addons were bad enough, I never used them and I still could tank circles around any Death Knight on my Paladin. Now, they've made their own "Quest Helper" and other addons into the game. All I have to say is this, if you can't find what you are supposed to do iPeople are already leaving the servers. But as for me, I'm going to do free games until the next best thing comes out. Goodbye World n a quest. When it says you have to kill someone, but you don't know where....Read the Quest Log. It is as easy as hitting the L key. In the beginning, if you were good, you'd die 4-6 times trying to get to Level 14. I recently tried making a new character, I got to Level 25 without dying once.....In short WoW will probably be still going for a few good years, but the actual game will be dead. World of Warcraft, I have plundered your Dungeons, slain your toughest Bosses, and done most of the achievements. And all I have to show for it is that....I've wasted 10-12 Hours a week playing you for the past few years. And the only time you were really challenging was back during the Original World of Warcraft....Back when I started out as a Paladin, and the dungeons weren't nerfed.

-Sigh.....another "WoW" post....alright i played wow and quit and yes i hate it now, but lets get one thing clear, wow will never fail because people love playing it and that is why it have so huge population and it will be like that untill Blizzard decide to shut it down (if ever).

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719

Originally posted by Frobner
    the game became worthless (not just the 15 dollars) when a pet-shop was put into the game - instead of creating meaningfull ingame CONTENT to get those pets.  That crossed the line - and it will just get worse from now on regarding their item mall.
    NON-COMBAT pets aren't item mall. NON-COMBAT pets sold for extra cash have been in WoW since release (collector's edition).

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• rebelhero1rebelhero1 Member Posts: 229

lol ;this post.

LOL WOW WILL BE GONE IN A YEAR.

Effin lol

WoW isn't going anywhere, nor will it decline until Blizzard releases their new mmo, which will still unlikely kill it.

And it depends on who you play the game wih, hence being a MMO!

Playing: *sigh* back to WoW :(
    --------
    Waiting for: SW:TOR, APB, WoD
    ---------
    Played and loved: Eve and WoW
    --------
    Played and hated: WoW:WotLK, Warhammer, every single F2P

• uquipuuquipu Member Posts: 1,516

OP sounds burnt out.

He should quit.  Maybe try real life golf or bowling.  If he does this for a year, when he returns to MMOs he'll probably enjoy them for a while.  Until he gets burnt out again.

Well shave my back and call me an elf! -- Oghren