Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone believe 2012?

If its true, then we wasted half our lives in school.....

2 more years left.....

Click the dragon/egg to raise it or get your own.
Http://www.gameslash.tk - Gaming Discussion

Comments

• AlstorAlstor Member Posts: 19

I'm mexican and i don't believe in it, is joust some crap what crazy people invented to be listened or to have work, anyway i don't think nothing bad could happen (by bad i mean any world catastrophe) but by how i see the world is not good, anyway life is gonna be harder i think. People don't believe in the movie 2012 (joust crap and a very bad movie) anyway im not gonna worry about 2012, if something happen i will start to believe.

21/dec/2012 the final day? XD

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662
    Originally posted by PiggyPops

Does anyone believe 2012?
    If its true, then we wasted half our lives in school.....
    2 more years left.....

Yeah, I believe in 2012.  I believe it's going to come right after 2011 and just a little bit before 2013.  Beyond that, I can't really say.

You're exactly right.  Two more years left... two more years before we hit 2012.

Why is everyone hung up on 2012?  How come nobody's talking about 2013?  Isn't 13 an unlucky number?

• YelloweeYellowee Member Posts: 3

When I first heard about the predictions of 2012 several years ago I basically ignored them. But, as the 2012 is quickly approaching, more details are coming out that seem to make some sense.

i find this subject really interesting and i'm 50/50 on the matter. all i ever watch on tv is the history channel and there's always so much about this and similar subjects. i don't doubt that something's gonna happen in 2012, enough has been scientifically proven that something will happen, the main thing being the shift of the magnetic field, which is due to happen around december 21, 2012 the same day the mayans predicted apocalypse. what we don't know, is exactly how long that shift will take and what will exactly happen when it does. the last one had happened millions or billions of years ago, most likely before there were even people on earth so we have no record of what to expect. it's a lot of scary stuff though, if the magnetic field doesn't protect us, then we'll fry. it could also mess up the poles, weather patterns, technology. we could be living in a mixture of the stone age and ice age. there's a lot more to this, but i don't want to get too into it right now, but there's a lot of other theories too such as revelation, and all of nostradamus' predictions. it's scary, but definitely interesting to look into.

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662
    Originally posted by Yellowee

When I first heard about the predictions of 2012 several years ago I basically ignored them. But, as the 2012 is quickly approaching, more details are coming out that seem to make some sense.
    i find this subject really interesting and i'm 50/50 on the matter. all i ever watch on tv is the history channel and there's always so much about this and similar subjects. i don't doubt that something's gonna happen in 2012, enough has been scientifically proven that something will happen, the main thing being the shift of the magnetic field, which is due to happen around december 21, 2012 the same day the mayans predicted apocalypse. what we don't know, is exactly how long that shift will take and what will exactly happen when it does. the last one had happened millions or billions of years ago, most likely before there were even people on earth so we have no record of what to expect. it's a lot of scary stuff though, if the magnetic field doesn't protect us, then we'll fry. it could also mess up the poles, weather patterns, technology. we could be living in a mixture of the stone age and ice age. there's a lot more to this, but i don't want to get too into it right now, but there's a lot of other theories too such as revelation, and all of nostradamus' predictions. it's scary, but definitely interesting to look into.

More details are coming out?  From where?  You got an investigative reporter on the job?

No doubt, if the magnetic poles of the earth reverse, we're in big trouble.  But how do we know for sure it will happen in 2012?  I don't think we do.

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515
    Originally posted by Zindaihas

Originally posted by Yellowee

More details are coming out?  From where?  You got an investigative reporter on the job?

No doubt, if the magnetic poles of the earth reverse, we're in big trouble.  But how do we know for sure it will happen in 2012?  I don't think we do.

Well obviously this whole 2012 thing is nonsence. The theorys of what will cause mass death are nonsence as is the basic premiss that the Mayan calender predicts the end of the world.

As a side note i ask the people who belive this to list there reasons why it will happen and how.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• zco12zco12 Member Posts: 27

I really don't believe in 2012. Yeah, theres alot of evidence behind it, such as the Mayan Caladar ending on that day, etc. etc. It was a thing made up to scare people and for people to make easy money by selling doomsday stuff. If something does happen on that day, the closest thing to an apocalypse would be a crazy extremist attack.

• AlstorAlstor Member Posts: 19

Ok i see some confusion about this, mayans never predicted the end of the world in that date, they only predicted the end of their mayan calendary and the beggining of a new era, anyway the magnetic field change was not proven and it need thousands of millions years to happen, it will never happen in 1 day or 1 or 2 years, the only sure thing that is gonna happen is many solar activity, but nothing else. 

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

This shit is getting worse than the zeitgeist.com posts.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • exestenz69exestenz69 Member Posts: 121

The only civilization apocalypse i see coming in 2012 is that everyone is going to freak out "thinking" something will happen and cause mass panic themselves rushing the stores and roadways etc, thus causing the breakdown of society in mass panic over something that COULD happen anytime. Everyone just seems to be focused on 2012 because of a Mayan calender that happens to end and coincide with a galactic alignment.

I personally think society will end because of something man does IE a virus or war.

• PyrichPyrich Member Posts: 1,040

Y2k bug was a much better apocalypse imo. 

"OMG in 10 minutes all the make believe money in the world will disappear!!!!!  The NWO is coming!!!!  Saddam Hussiens going to invade the middle east and nuke Israel in the turmoil and kick off WW3!!!!!!!"

The newwest one is just silly,  original i guess

• exestenz69exestenz69 Member Posts: 121

HAHA i remember the Y2K all to well it was just funny to listen to everyone all paranoid and stuff going to the banks and taking out all there cash because OMG it wont be there TOMMAROW!!! just crazy stuff to funny.