Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online: Preview, Part Two

124»

Comments

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Bill Roper said that PvP progression in CO was faster then PvE and that was a lesson learned?

First of all Bill Roper is incompetent regarding MMORPG PvP, and whatever he says about the matter should be ignored. Second of all I was in CO at launch and I can tell you that PvP was not significantly faster then PvE. Rather it was OK. They nerfed it so that PvE became the fastest way to level but I dont see how that is a good thing as both ways should be a viable way to level and in CO PvP became way too slow which forced you to grind moronic AI mobiles just to make some progress.

That wasnt the main issue in that game by far but PvP should be as viable as PvE when it comes to leveling. Why should it not be? People should decide their forms of leveling based on what they enjoy, not based on which is quicker.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by MMO_Doubter

Originally posted by Lektronik 
    Well said!

I think it's hilarious that those posters after your comment claimed that they would do the pro-playercrew review but declined for various reasons.  Absolutely LOL!

Next time you lose someone close to you, see how eager you are to write an article for a generally hostile audience.

Anyone else who wants to write the article in question is free to PM me for the notes I compiled in preparation for it.

No matter the circumstances, I think few people actually thought you'd ever produce an article.  You're a critic (in the worst, modern sense of that word), not a creator.

I notice that your circumstances haven't kept you from "doubting" as loudly and as often as you can, though.

Face it - you weren't coming up with anything, at least nothing that would have been clearly better than Cryptic's version of a Star Trek MMO.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• ginfress01ginfress01 Member Posts: 203

Seeying the new amount of doubt-posts he already made his grief was either very short or non-existance....

• JYCowboyJYCowboy Member UncommonPosts: 652

Good write-up,

I have more faith in this product now.  I still stand on that its really Star Trek experiance light but I think I can make those allowances if they continue to improve it.

• Hyperion5182Hyperion5182 Member Posts: 66

The question i have yet to see answered relies specifically on an admiral class ship. The Prometheus: Not everyone's going to know about this but if you followed the voyager series you saw that ship in the final season. Given that its leaked that Klingons will get carriers will the full abilites of the prometheus be in the game? 

• AkumaDaimyoAkumaDaimyo Member Posts: 185

The game looks weak. I say it flops.