Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there an adventure to it?

Dark_SkuraiDark_Skurai Member Posts: 106

Been rolling a few character lately trying to find the one for me (down to a Ogre Shadow Knight, and a Wood Elf Swashbuckler) and been enjoying the game. Though one thing I wish to know. I played EQ1 alt, it was my first MMO and I played the hell out of it. My favorite part of playing was the exploration, I could go on each day and see something new. Hell, I still have dreams about The Sleeper (whom I took sat in on an awakening once, what fun!) and I even still read my old EQ Atlas from time to time.

But EQ2 has strong WoW vibes coming from it. Does the game have those really epic quests that take a great deal of time to complete? Does it still have unsolved/able mysteries? Will I run into things that make me pause and admire

Simply put, does the game have a sense of adventure to it?

Comments

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414

The answer is YES, although not in such a scale as in EQ1 but you have several very nice and interesting questlines that can fill both your lore interest and your exploration interest. Remeber you get AP xp for discoveries too, put the AP slider on at least 30% to gain a lot of APs early in game. Some nice and big ones are Restoring Ghoulbane, Operation Greenhood, The Peacock Club quest line (prismatic 2.0), Fire and Ice (Prismatic 1) and so on and so forth. Also if you leave the path mostly traveled you can and will find lots of fun things to do and see. My wife many times just spends a whole evening just looking through everything in a zone just to see what is there and get the collections. Nektulous forest is not very popular nowadays but it is a really good evil forest and it has lots of interesting sights, Zek is the same way. Take your time and look around and you will find lots of interesting sights, find a friend to duo with and you can do and see even more.

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

mm!i got to say everquest is everquest!sony has been trying sor a very long time to outshine everquest,either with everquest2

or vanguard the fact is a lot of player would rater have better graphic in everquest + expension then play newer game that are subpar compared to everquest (yes its hard but its so addicting)

sony would love it if player went to free realm the fact of the mather is

aside from the need of dx11 and other new toy in everquest ,player love everything of everquest

hell a huge chunk of player went back to everquest since everquest 2 and wow werent has epic and hard as player wanted

im sorry to say ,

everyquest is still the the beacon that will guide futur mmo maker ,blizzard had it till they came out with their expension burning cruisade then it left out what made wow so loved at the start by a lot of mmo gamer

everquest just received their new content not long ago (i  ear they upped graphic quality since its still going )

i just wish everquest sent some copy and timecard to ebgame so i could play too since i dont have access to pre-paid credit card(i will never use my presonal credit card online thats for sure)

• Dark_SkuraiDark_Skurai Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by drbaltazar

mm!i got to say everquest is everquest!sony has been trying sor a very long time to outshine everquest,either with everquest2
    or vanguard the fact is a lot of player would rater have better graphic in everquest + expension then play newer game that are subpar compared to everquest (yes its hard but its so addicting)
    sony would love it if player went to free realm the fact of the mather is
    aside from the need of dx11 and other new toy in everquest ,player love everything of everquest
    hell a huge chunk of player went back to everquest since everquest 2 and wow werent has epic and hard as player wanted
    im sorry to say ,

everyquest is still the the beacon that will guide futur mmo maker ,blizzard had it till they came out with their expension burning cruisade then it left out what made wow so loved at the start by a lot of mmo gamer
    everquest just received their new content not long ago (i  ear they upped graphic quality since its still going )
    i just wish everquest sent some copy and timecard to ebgame so i could play too since i dont have access to pre-paid credit card(i will never use my presonal credit card online thats for sure)

Even though it pained me to read that, I get the gist of what your saying.

Simply put, I've tried EQ1 again, and it's stupidly difficult to get groups, and the tired old gameplay hasen't aged well.

Yes, it still has the best back story, adventure, and PvE in general, but nothing else holds up. It's just plain dated (sadly)

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by Dark_Skurai

Even though it pained me to read that, I get the gist of what your saying.
    Simply put, I've tried EQ1 again, and it's stupidly difficult to get groups, and the tired old gameplay hasen't aged well.
    Yes, it still has the best back story, adventure, and PvE in general, but nothing else holds up. It's just plain dated (sadly)

I tried it recently too, they had it for $5 on steam all expansions except the brand new one, so I thought I'd give it a go with the mercenaries, and god, it depressed the hell out of me.  So many bugs and annoying things. The mercenaries system is horrible, at least at the lower levels, they are insanely overpowered, and it was just so meh, and there was no one anywhere except in the guild lobby.

I think my fond memories are better left unsullied.  And those good memories were completely based around the community and the tons of people that were everywhere.