Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No bueno!

Kamandi777Kamandi777 Member UncommonPosts: 223

Ok I have given Aion two months of my causal play and I have some things to say.

1.  You get PvE at level 15 or so with Black Claw but no PvP until your 20s, and then you are meat.   No fun.  When I finally got to group with people in the Abyss it was still a massacre.  They all came for me, the healer, and the others ran away.  Didn't matter anyway because these guys had some NASTY looking gear on. They had to be 40+.   I have been ganked and camped before in other games, this is not a QQ.  I like to PvP.  I am getting none here.

2.  Epic fail on the cities.  Especially Elyos side.  I cannot express fully my hatred for the cities.  I envisioned canyopn like walled cities where flying and gliding wouyld get you around.  NOPE.  You either run or blow mony on teleports.  The Asmo city isn't bad, but the Elyos city...well...I refuse to play Elyos for three reasons.  Elyos is gay, the city and the city.

3.  I really wanted to be thrilled by Aion.  It isn't there...and I haven't even got to the major grind yet!

4.  Tanking and healing BC was fun but I never got any gear from it.  I have never got any decent green drops in 27 levels of Cleric or 20 levels of Templar.  Nothing.  I mean nothing I can use.  All the money I have made has went to gear.  Thankfully the AH is easy to manipulate.

5.  Now here is a QQ.  Manastones that fail.  That is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO crazy.  I would grind silver ore to buy crit stones for my three slot green gear and use 9 stones to fill two slots.  INSANE!  QQ~QQ~

6.  Some advice for new players.  Play Asmo side.  Don't do quest unless they are yellow.  Grind humaniod mobs.  Get  to 15 ASAP and work the Black Claw region with a group.  Play Templar or Cleric.  You will always get groups.  If not Cleric or Templar...maybe chanter.  Unless you are married or have a GF you play with nightly.  Then you need to play the best combo there is...Gladiator/Cleric!!

I would like to see battlegrounds that don't give xps and start from level 10. 

Manastones that don't fail. 

Better drop rates on gear. 

A class like Shaman from warhammer that blends rdps with heals.

Completly revamped cities.

Oh btw, this is a forum for the expression of OPINION.  These are my opinions.  If you disagree, I CHALLENGE you to express your disagreement civilly and logically.  Yes obviously I used to be a WoW twink.  I liked being a WoW twink in 29s, 49s and 60 AV.  I miss it.

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by Kamandi777

Ok I have given Aion two months of my causal play and I have some things to say.

1.  You get PvE at level 15 or so with Black Claw but no PvP until your 20s, and then you are meat.   No fun.  When I finally got to group with people in the Abyss it was still a massacre.  They all came for me, the healer, and the others ran away.  Didn't matter anyway because these guys had some NASTY looking gear on. They had to be 40+.   I have been ganked and camped before in other games, this is not a QQ.  I like to PvP.  I am getting none here.
    2.  Epic fail on the cities.  Especially Elyos side.  I cannot express fully my hatred for the cities.  I envisioned canyopn like walled cities where flying and gliding wouyld get you around.  NOPE.  You either run or blow mony on teleports.  The Asmo city isn't bad, but the Elyos city...well...I refuse to play Elyos for three reasons.  Elyos is gay, the city and the city.
    3.  I really wanted to be thrilled by Aion.  It isn't there...and I haven't even got to the major grind yet!
    4.  Tanking and healing BC was fun but I never got any gear from it.  I have never got any decent green drops in 27 levels of Cleric or 20 levels of Templar.  Nothing.  I mean nothing I can use.  All the money I have made has went to gear.  Thankfully the AH is easy to manipulate.
    5.  Now here is a QQ.  Manastones that fail.  That is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO crazy.  I would grind silver ore to buy crit stones for my three slot green gear and use 9 stones to fill two slots.  INSANE!  QQ~QQ~
    6.  Some advice for new players.  Play Asmo side.  Don't do quest unless they are yellow.  Grind humaniod mobs.  Get  to 15 ASAP and work the Black Claw region with a group.  Play Templar or Cleric.  You will always get groups.  If not Cleric or Templar...maybe chanter.  Unless you are married or have a GF you play with nightly.  Then you need to play the best combo there is...Gladiator/Cleric!!

Oh btw, this is a forum for the expression of OPINION.  These are my opinions.  If you disagree, I CHALLENGE you to express your disagreement civilly and logically.  Yes obviously I used to be a WoW twink.  I liked being a WoW twink in 29s, 49s and 60 AV.  I miss it.

I actually like the cities and even prefer the Elyos city over the asmo city. However, I agree that the cities should be full fly zones.

I agree there should be some sort of pve at lvl 10 but I also like the open nature of the pvp so it would have to be something more controlled. Perhaps, since I rarely see people in the arena, there should be some sort of rewards from 10-20 for arena fights. Or as you say some sort of battleground for 10-20.

The failed manastones, if I remember correctly, are easily dealty with. I believe (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong) you have to apply manastones that are higher lvl than your gear and no more than 10 lvls higher than your gear.

Personally I prefer everything Elyos over the Asmo side. I even think it's easier to lvl on the Elyos side. Eltinen seems much closer to things than moreheim.

As far as groups, it depends I suppose. I always see people calling for dps for certaint things such as fire temple or sorcerers for their crowd control for the same.

If a person plays a class they hate then that's going to end it sooner rather than later.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

You can also play a sorceror they are arguably the most needed class for grouping just because they are pretty much the only dps class with CC. 

One of the big reasons I quit the game was because it took like an hour to find groups as an assassin. I'll never understand why they made a game where only one dps class had viable cc. Any core group in Aion has Cleric/ Templar/ Sorceror, everything else is just filler. Chanter is nice but no where close to a core member. 

• CammyCammy Member Posts: 864
    Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

You can also play a sorceror they are arguably the most needed class for grouping just because they are pretty much the only dps class with CC. 
    One of the big reasons I quit the game was because it took like an hour to find groups as an assassin. I'll never understand why they made a game where only one dps class had viable cc. Any core group in Aion has Cleric/ Templar/ Sorceror, everything else is just filler. Chanter is nice but no where close to a core member. 

ROFL... man - you must have rolled on one shitty server. I've never experienced/heard anyone having to wait an HOUR to get a group...

Chanters are AWESOME group players and every group I've ever been with wants to have a Chanter with us.... You are right about one thing though... the BEST/Ideal setup is definitely Templar/Sorc/Cleric/Chanter + 2 DPS (usually a Sin/Ranger/SM combo). No - I don't give Glads much love either but they're always welcomed to come ... I just don't go out of my way for one.

I've never played a Sin but I know I've never excluded one in any of my groups... I have a Ranger alt and thought "man... I hope this isn't gonna be tough to get groups - Im not on my Templar anymore"... I'd post "LFG TG" or whatever instance I want to run and instantly I get a tell or a group invite asking me to come along.... It was incredibly painless - even as a DPS class

I NEVER have problems grouping in Aion.... ever....... nor do anyone I know/any of my guildies..... and yes - we do have assassins there as well.

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

I only want to comment on the gear drop rate.  One thing I respect about this game is that the crafting has value.  The drop rates are low in this game so that crafting actually can make you money.  To compare to WOW the only crafting that would make you money was the alchemy and cooking.  Also when items do drop. usually they are not better than what can be made.

I guess I want to talk about mana stones too. I think you are mad because mana stones are expensive.  That doesn't make them fail.  Also crit stones are only expensive because everyone thinks that all melee dps and tanks need to stack crit.....that idea is fail.  I stack block, parry and HP on my tank and I have no problem with aggro.

• CammyCammy Member Posts: 864

1. Yes - this game (like pretty much EVERY MMO) relies on gear/level to be successful. This is nothing new.... every play on a WoW PVP server? Ever ganked by a level 80 while questing? EXACTLY..... pretty much the same thing. If you want to roll in the abyss, do so as a group or you very likely will get ganked. Rifting is a great alternative and no - you shouldn't be just "meat" in this situation unless your doing it wrong. Get a group of 5-6 friends, go rifting and just cause pain to your opposing factions area. Then wait 10 minutes as their reinforcements come (or get out of there - which ever happens first) ;)

2. I also dislike Sanctum but I very much like Panda.... what don't you like about them tho? I just dislike the fact they're so spread out and doesn't allow for flying. Both are fail IMO but it isn't a game breaker.... its still way better than most capital's I've been to (WARs was the absolute worst - maybe apart from Undercity in WoW)

3. Opinion? Not even sure what to say to this... grind isn't that bad. I just leveled a char 1-30 in a week of casual playing (BUT with 2XP weekend so I guess you could call it "hardcore" playing when its all said and done). Aion "does" thrill me... hence the opinion question

4. Working as Designed... Im glad they don't drop green gear every 3rd mob. I would like if they adjusted the boss drops - going through a run for nothing can nyerk you off.... but from trash mobs? They drop enough stuff... I get lots of flux's, recipes, etc when I grind... which I can in turn make my own gear via crafting and it DOESNT suck.

5. Used to piss me off too before I realized that you don't really need to buy manastones and you can pretty much just gather them up as you go and use whatever (unless its end game)... IE: If your only lvl 15 and you're buying +8 crit stones at 1500k a pop then that's your own fault. You can buy +attack as melee and +MBoost as a caster and do just fine without spending much money at all. Yes - its a hell of a piss off when a manastone fails.... but it doesn't happen all that often (actually happens far less the higher level you get - or at least it seems that way). Crit stones are the only ones that are REALLY expensive.

6. Terrible advice - every class is pretty much used/needed on a regular basis. Play whatever class you WANT to play. Asmo/Elyos side is pretty much the same. There's definitely advantages/disadvantages to both - without getting into what all those are, Ill let you do some research. Still - to say you should only roll a Templar or Cleric is both silly and ignorant. Of course, these are very sought after classes but ANY class is useful and heavily recruited. No class is uselesss....

Things you'd like to see

1A) I'd also love to see Battlegrounds - more so a Dredegion at a lower level instead of having to wait until 40+

2A) Manastones can still fail the same as anything can fail... they're dirt cheap - so what's the problem? I commented on this above... for the first 20-25 levels don't even worry about manastones... start to worry around 30+

3A) I also addressed this above - and bosses 100% should have a better drop rate. As for the rest of the mobs - Im personally glad they don't drop greens all the time. Actually makes crafting useful and worthwhile (not a complete waste of time like in that "other" game)

4A) They have one... only its mdps and heals... it's called a Chanter :) Even wears Chain (mail) - lol

5A) Allowing you to fly in the cities would fix this problem - I also agree, it would be far better to allow users to showcase their wings in the main cities. I really have no logical idea/explanation on why you cannot do this currently...

• Tenken29Tenken29 Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by Cammy

-knuckle crack-
    All my comments are in Red.
    I dunno, maybe it was just me but I thought the Abyss sucked to level in. I mean if you want that "fear" or whatever the balls of getting jumped whenever, that's cool. Maybe I wouldn't mind either if it didn't take forever to level each time. Basically all the 40-50's will be roaming around there... if you wanna lvl i'd avoid it completely. Hell if you wanna pvp i'd avoid it completely till a higher lvl, stick to rifting.
    I dunno why so much hate on the city... pretty standard stuff. Really complaining about the optional teleport? Running is serious business. What is it like 100g? Don't you get 100g for doing that repeatable quest ? Although I will agree about the flying. It would be nice to fly in the city... maybe it has something to do immersion? If everyone was flying around maybe it wouldn't feel like a community... I dunno im just playing devil's advocate. Imo give everyone a speed boost in cities or let you at least fly 30+.
    I'm going to give you a stupid response, due to the stupid state of mmos. You have to work to have fun sometimes (if that fun is there is debatable). Aion is pretty standard fair when it comes to lvling experiance and what not, imo.
    Green gear makes a lot bigger difference in Aion than other games. You only need like a weapon or so when you hit 20 something, which you can easily buy on the AH. Other wise, it's not a big deal that you're not getting a ton of drops. I think i got 1 green hammer drop at lvl 24 on my ranger. It's not a big deal, cause it doesn't matter. I'd complain more about losing money when dying :D.
    I wouldn't worry too much about manastones till you're 30+. Just use cheap stuff and don't worry about stacking unless it's an item you know you're gonna use for awhile. Even still, just use cheap versions.

1. Yes - this game (like pretty much EVERY MMO) relies on gear/level to be successful. This is nothing new.... every play on a WoW PVP server? Ever ganked by a level 80 while questing? EXACTLY..... pretty much the same thing. If you want to roll in the abyss, do so as a group or you very likely will get ganked. Rifting is a great alternative and no - you shouldn't be just "meat" in this situation unless your doing it wrong. Get a group of 5-6 friends, go rifting and just cause pain to your opposing factions area. Then wait 10 minutes as their reinforcements come (or get out of there - which ever happens first) ;)

There's a difference here. When lvling in WoW on a PVP server at low lvls... the chances of you running into an 80 are slim to none (obviously it depends where you are... BUT still). You have to be some sad pathetic bored loser like myself with nothing to do to go to Tarren Mill as an 70-80 when you'll probably see like 1-2 people per hour. At his lvl though Cammy I think he can only be meat really, in the abyss that is. That's one thing that's kind of lame about the Abyss, I feel bad for any new player that tries to play in it. Rifting is a great alternative, but we both know how limited that can be. Easier access to pvp or some bgs or something would be nice. Wtb some company to just copy and paste thidranki in :.

2. I also dislike Sanctum but I very much like Panda.... what don't you like about them tho? I just dislike the fact they're so spread out and doesn't allow for flying. Both are fail IMO but it isn't a game breaker.... its still way better than most capital's I've been to (WARs was the absolute worst - maybe apart from Undercity in WoW)

What was wrong with Altdorf or Inwhatever City? Looked pretty, had stuff : . Mobs in Inevitable City was lame, but maybe working as intended.

3. Opinion? Not even sure what to say to this... grind isn't that bad. I just leveled a char 1-30 in a week of casual playing (BUT with 2XP weekend so I guess you could call it "hardcore" playing when its all said and done). Aion "does" thrill me... hence the opinion question

/dance

6. Terrible advice - every class is pretty much used/needed on a regular basis. Play whatever class you WANT to play. Asmo/Elyos side is pretty much the same. There's definitely advantages/disadvantages to both - without getting into what all those are, Ill let you do some research. Still - to say you should only roll a Templar or Cleric is both silly and ignorant. Of course, these are very sought after classes but ANY class is useful and heavily recruited. No class is uselesss....

Imo, pick what you want to do (heal, dps, tank, whatever). After that pick if you want to be a solo class or high group util.

Pledge your support to creating a PvP Community on Aion. Join our server on release.
    http://aionfactions.homelinux.com

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538

While I got this game yesterday to try it out... I have to admit...

It is the most dreadfully boring game I have played in a looong time. The only redeeming quality about Aion that I can see so far is that the character models look "perty". Aside from the numerous bots I saw right off the bat and the empty chat channels, the game is pointless to play. The controls are weak, on max graphics I am unimpressed with the mixture of low to medium quality visuals, which together make a bad contrast. How could anyone play this for any period of time astounds me... If anything, Aion feels like a P2P Perfect World or Runes of Magic.

You know its a bad sign when right after you get the game you want to cancel your account.