Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my PC from these ingame screenshots?

2»

Comments

  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

    I'm about to RMA my 9800 GT for similar problems.

     

     

    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • McAvoyMcAvoy Member Posts: 85

    This is a link to the e-bay auction on my PC, it has a lot more info on the PC.

     

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230404186025&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

     

     

    BTW the auction info says 8600GT 512 msi graphics, but my computer says NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT, are they the same in some way or did the sellers make a mistake with my PC?

    My case is not the one in the picture, they replaced it with a Alien ware Dracula case.(basically the same look though)

     

    I have not got any sleep in 24 hrs so it is really hard to concentrate ATM.

    Thank you for the help so far, i am going to try your suggestions once i wake up later.

    Inherited Will, the Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of its People. These are things that will not be stopped. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom, these things will never cease to be! - Gol D. Roger

  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by McAvoy


    This is a link to the e-bay auction on my PC, it has a lot more info on the PC.
     
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230404186025&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
     
     
    BTW the auction info says 8600GT 512 msi graphics, but my computer says NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT, are they the same in some way or did the sellers make a mistake with my PC?
    My case is not the one in the picture, they replaced it with a Alien ware Dracula case.(basically the same look though)
     
    I have not got any sleep in 24 hrs so it is really hard to concentrate ATM.
    Thank you for the help so far, i am going to try your suggestions once i wake up later.

     

    In other words you didn't get the computer you paid for.

    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    Originally posted by McAvoy


    This is a link to the e-bay auction on my PC, it has a lot more info on the PC.
     
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230404186025&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
     
     
    BTW the auction info says 8600GT 512 msi graphics, but my computer says NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT, are they the same in some way or did the sellers make a mistake with my PC?
    My case is not the one in the picture, they replaced it with a Alien ware Dracula case.(basically the same look though)
     
    I have not got any sleep in 24 hrs so it is really hard to concentrate ATM.
    Thank you for the help so far, i am going to try your suggestions once i wake up later.

     

    They are about the same, the 9400gt is a re-badged 8600gt (nvidia do that all the time). I'd say if your still having issues ask the ebay seller to send you a new card, after all the item is "not as described".. if he refuses raise an issue with ebay they always side with the buyer.

    image

  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,435

    Nice tiger grunty make me want to play shin megami tensei online again :P

    As for the OP I personally would never get a pre build online specially from ebay.


  • MattMassacreMattMassacre Member Posts: 182

    looks like overheating to me  but...

    those colors are pretty damn cool

  • Gweed0Gweed0 Member UncommonPosts: 108

    Well It's quite obvious to me its the GFX card. I've also had the issue of getting Crashes after some long gaming sessions. I swapped out my video card and no issues since.

  • HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

    Video card.

    New one you must get.

    www.newegg.com

  • McAvoyMcAvoy Member Posts: 85

    Edited my post with more info.

    Inherited Will, the Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of its People. These are things that will not be stopped. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom, these things will never cease to be! - Gol D. Roger

  • noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

    Eh, they kinda shafted you on the video card if you were suppose to get an 8600GT. Not that the price difference is much , it's like a $50 card vs a $40 card, but the 8600GT is a fair bit faster than the 9400GT. Neither are really worth their price for gaming when you could get Radeon 4670 for $55 that blows them away though :(


    The Regor name won't show up anywhere in your computer, it's just a code name for the CPU (Athlon II x2 240). You can run 'msinfo32' to get more details about your components.


    40C isn't a bad temp at all for the video card. So it may not be overheating but it still definitely has a faulty memory chip or GPU. You need to warranty the card, or see if the dude on ebay can do anything for you without ripping you off, or buy a new card.


    The power supply unit (PSU) for your computer doesn't have anything to do with your house power. The electricity coming into your house is AC, the computer needs DC, the power supply in the case can convert the AC into DC up to its wattage rating. If your house wasn't providing enough power for the computer you would be blowing fuses in your fuse box repeatedly.


    The system you have is a very low power requirement though it's very unlikely to be the PSU causing this.

  • McAvoyMcAvoy Member Posts: 85
    Originally posted by noquarter


    Eh, they kinda shafted you on the video card if you were suppose to get an 8600GT. Not that the price difference is much , it's like a $50 card vs a $40 card, but the 8600GT is a fair bit faster than the 9400GT. Neither are really worth their price for gaming when you could get Radeon 4670 for $55 that blows them away though :(


    The Regor name won't show up anywhere in your computer, it's just a code name for the CPU (Athlon II x2 240). You can run 'msinfo32' to get more details about your components.


    40C isn't a bad temp at all for the video card. So it may not be overheating but it still definitely has a faulty memory chip or GPU. You need to warranty the card, or see if the dude on ebay can do anything for you without ripping you off, or buy a new card.


    The power supply unit (PSU) for your computer doesn't have anything to do with your house power. The electricity coming into your house is AC, the computer needs DC, the power supply in the case can convert the AC into DC up to its wattage rating. If your house wasn't providing enough power for the computer you would be blowing fuses in your fuse box repeatedly.


    The system you have is a very low power requirement though it's very unlikely to be the PSU causing this.

     

    When you say a faulty memory chip, do you mean RAM or something else?

    Is there any way to test the RAM and see if it's the problem without having to open up my PC?

     

    I googled that Radeon 4670 (75$ one on newegg) and it seems pretty nice though i can't afford it yet, so i will be getting the graphics card that i was supposed to get from the e-bay seller to replace my current one.

     

    Thank You,You have helped a lot. I feel like i understand all this a little better.

    Inherited Will, the Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of its People. These are things that will not be stopped. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom, these things will never cease to be! - Gol D. Roger

  • noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170


    Originally posted by McAvoy
    When you say a faulty memory chip, do you mean RAM or something else? Is there any way to test the RAM and see if it's the problem without having to open up my PC?
     
    I googled that Radeon 4670 (75$ one on newegg) and it seems pretty nice though i can't afford it yet, so i will be getting the graphics card that i was supposed to get from the e-bay seller to replace my current one.
     
    Thank You,You have helped a lot. I feel like i understand all this a little better.

    I meant the memory chip on the graphics card, it has its own RAM. The 4670 that was $55 was only on sale for the weekend or something, they are usually about $70.

Sign In or Register to comment.