Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will this run Champions Online?

SylvariSylvari Member Posts: 61

Hey all, just wondering whether my Sony Vaio would run CO. Specs are: (as far as I remember)

Windows 7 Home Premium

Intel Core 2 Duo T6500 2.1ghz

4GB RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570

If it will, how well should it run? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, SW:ToR and STO.
Currently playing Guild Wars, LoTRO).
Played WoW, GW, CO, DDO, RoM, WAR, LoTRO, Allods (Beta) + Tons more that aren't even worth mentioning!

Comments

• SylvariSylvari Member Posts: 61

Also is the game any good?

Played WoW, GW, CO, DDO, RoM, WAR, LoTRO, Allods (Beta) + Tons more that aren't even worth mentioning!

• LeoheartLeoheart Member Posts: 5

Should be able to play just about anything. never played CO but i know my friend has one and can play modern warfare and crysis on 30 ish FPS

If you want to see actual gameplay without having to try you can always check youtube and type in your laptop model. i'm sure you can find videos of game play of different FPS or MMO's played and benchmarked on that laptop or 1 close to the specs.

Cheers guys. Thanks for your replies.

If anyone else has any idea, then please do tell. :)

• noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

It should run ok, not at max settings or anything but shouldn't have to go too low. There's a demo for CO out you can try free to see how it runs.

The game is a lot of fun for about a month or 2. Great to play through once up to 35+, see the monster island event and stuff, pretty fun content. But it won't keep your interest past that time. So it's worth buying but not subscribing to imo.

Cheers, yeah I heard it doesn't really keep peoples attention past 2 or 3 months but it's just till SW:ToR comes out or something :). Thanks for the help.

• scabbedangelscabbedangel Member UncommonPosts: 117

It should run, but I wouldnt expect much. I had problems with it on a better machine than yours, but then again, they have optimized things quite a bit since then. Even so, I only get 30-60 fps on my new pc, with settings on medium;

win7 x86

amd phenom x2 tri core @ 3.2 ghz

4gb ram (i know,. shush)

ati radeon hd 4870

Your best bet, of course, is to try out the 1-15 unlimited trial.

• noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

Originally posted by scabbedangel
    It should run, but I wouldnt expect much. I had problems with it on a better machine than yours, but then again, they have optimized things quite a bit since then. Even so, I only get 30-60 fps on my new pc, with settings on medium;
    win7 x86
    4gb ram (i know,. shush)
    ati radeon hd 4870

nothin wrong with 4gb of ram :P I dunno why you had to run at medium settings though, my friend has the exact same machine as you and was playing it on max at 1920x1080.

i have  4gb ram phenom 9950 BE and a radeon 4890 and i can play crysis on full detail at 83 fps also remember anything above 35 fps you can't see

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106
    Originally posted by Leoheart

i have  4gb ram phenom 9950 BE and a radeon 4890 and i can play crysis on full detail at 83 fps also remember anything above 35 fps you can't see

83 FPS? I really doubt that.

Also, the whole FPS and human sight thing is veery tricky, but it's very false to say that 35FPS is the limit.

• GamesRCoolGamesRCool Member Posts: 3

I play wow on the highest settings using a geforce 9400gt 512 ram. Would this be good enough for Aion or not?

well i fryed my PSU replacment one comes the 4th of january when it does i'll take a SS with fraps on.

• scabbedangelscabbedangel Member UncommonPosts: 117
    Originally posted by noquarter

Originally posted by scabbedangel

win7 x86

4gb ram (i know,. shush)

ati radeon hd 4870

nothin wrong with 4gb of ram :P I dunno why you had to run at medium settings though, my friend has the exact same machine as you and was playing it on max at 1920x1080.

Max settings would bog me down while traveling. Oh, and the ram comment was because x86 can only utilize rougly 3gb of ram.

Thanks guys for using my thread to compare your OWN PC's, thats really helped!