Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamespot rates Fallen Earth a 6.0

2»

Comments

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Guillermo197

That all doesn't help. And it hasn't anything to do with impatience.
    So far the FE community has been quite patient compaired to many other MMO communities.
    Mainly because FE offers so much more then most current MMORPG's
    But even for them the patience is going to run out sooner then later, if they can't sort the plague'ing issues out.
    Hmm still wondering when I am going to experiance these gamebreaking issue's I only read about on forums or sometimes chat. Funny thing is that I have helped so many people who yelled BUG while it was misunderstanding of what they needed to do with certain things like crafting and/or quests...etc...etc.
    Except for the crafting system. The whole PVE is increcibly boring. And PVP and it's conflict towns is completely broken.
    Of course that is your opinion, while reading the quest they are quite intresting, sure the encounters could be better, but there is so much more to the game then just do quest, which I think some people consider to be pve. While quest are just a part of PVE but there really is so much more to it.
    Mob AI is non-existent. Mob pathing is horrible broken. Scripting is non-existent.
    I actualy like it how mobs work, unlike with most MMO where mobs take a straight line at you where you hardly make a miss, FE mobs/creature's atleast do not come at you in a straight line. True there isn't much AI in them, but still better then most MMORPG's.
    Adding crazy amounts of HP and DPS to a boss encounter isn't going to make it mo
    True bos encounters like with most MMORPG's are nothing more then hugh DPS/HP carriers.
    I actualy like it that mobs do not come at me re fun and challenging. It makes it extremely boring and tedious!
    Sorry didn't really catch what it is you tried to say.....
    And yet that's all there is to Boss encounters. They just stand there with lots of HP (and if they didn't forgot he might do some more DPS) and that's it.
    Thankfully for me atleast I am not worried about boss encounters, it's just a minor thing from the overall game to me. Of course to bad for those who are intrested, but as said it's not what I look for in a MMORPG.
    It's that a lot of the quests are well written, that a lot of people are still able to cope with the unimaginative, unchallenging boring PVE.
    Like I said PVE is larger then just quests, quest are just a part of PVE in a MMORPG.

Then we come to the horrible lag within town borders during prime time.  It's a hot issue since F&F Alpha and here we are a year later, nearly 5 months after launch even... and it's still not addressed and a hot issue!
    I am glas I do not have this issue, actualy the little hickups at peakhours I can not even consider lag tbh. But I know some do actualy experiance lag, not sure what is causing it for those people as I am a EU player with not even a high end system.

No. The reviewer was spot on this time and the score was deserved and well marked.
    Only because it fits your opinion does not make it spot on, except for you and perhaps some others obviously.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Reklaw

Mob AI is non-existent. Mob pathing is horrible broken. Scripting is non-existent.
    I actualy like it how mobs work, unlike with most MMO where mobs take a straight line at you where you hardly make a miss, FE mobs/creature's atleast do not come at you in a straight line. True there isn't much AI in them, but still better then most MMORPG's.

Enlighten me. What is there to like or any logic sense for a mob to run the other way, then go around a building. Or just make a huge circle for that matter on clear flat terrain??  

But in lot of cases mobs don't even move, untill they are almost dead or just dead, because they are stuck in the terrain.

Sorry tho. It's the mob pathing that is horribly broken and bugged. It's one of the PRIMARY reasons they removed the pet system from launch! Because nothing is more aggrevating than having a pet that is constantly stuck in the terrain or just flat out goes in your opposite direction, because it can't find the way.

Cheers

• SuniojSunioj Member Posts: 261

Fallen Earth already has a core audience and it will grow over time as the developers make corrections, add content and fix some of the bugs that should have been taken care of prior to it's release.  BUT it's out now so folks just need to stay supportive and keep communications open to have issues looked into and fixed.

Momo sucks, I have proof.

Enlighten me. What is there to like or any logic sense for a mob to run the other way, then go around a building. Or just make a huge circle for that matter on clear flat terrain??  

I wouldn't like that if that would happen to me.

But in lot of cases mobs don't even move, untill they are almost dead or just dead, because they are stuck in the terrain.

This has happend to me a few times, nothing to really worry about for me. Must suck if it happens allot so it seems to other people. I wouldn't like it if it would happen allot with me.

Sorry tho. It's the mob pathing that is horribly broken and bugged. It's one of the PRIMARY reasons they removed the pet system from launch! Because nothing is more aggrevating than having a pet that is constantly stuck in the terrain or just flat out goes in your opposite direction, because it can't find the way.

If it was indeed horrible broken and bugged I bet I would notice it more often. Not saying it works flawless as like I said it did happen to me a few times, but again not in the way I would consider it horrible broken and bugged.

Cheers

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

both reviews for fallen earth and Aion are pretty spot on, I wouldn't give either game higher than a 7. I didn't expect much from Fallen Earth when I played it but, the gameplay and combat in that game just made me think I was back in the year 2000. 

• AganazerAganazer Member Posts: 1,319
    Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

both reviews for fallen earth and Aion are pretty spot on, I wouldn't give either game higher than a 7. I didn't expect much from Fallen Earth when I played it but, the gameplay and combat in that game just made me think I was back in the year 2000. 

You mean that time period with games that had such awful combat like Deus Ex, System Shock 2, No One Lives Forever, Sacrafice, Counter Strike, and Baulder's Gate 2? Do you think gameplay actually evolved since then? Hell, I wish 2010 games had that good of gameplay. Heh, you chose the wrong year for a comparison.

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135

I guess gamespot didn't get enough from fallen earth devs to make it at least 7.

Who in their right mind reads to gamespot anyway. 

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246

Mobs get stuck in terrain?  I might have seen that in a dozen mobs out of the thousands I have killed.

Mobs stay still till they are almost dead?   Don't think so, please play the game before making comments.

• DarhammDarhamm Member UncommonPosts: 68

I feel this should be posted here...

• shepx22shepx22 Member Posts: 133

I agree with a 6.0 rating at best. The game just wasnt fitting to me, nor the playstyle. I bought the game sadly hereing positive things, played 1 week and quit so my account will sit closed forever.

Originally posted by shepx22

I agree with a 6.0 rating at best. The game just wasnt fitting to me, nor the playstyle. I bought the game sadly hereing positive things, played 1 week and quit so my account will sit closed forever.

To bad you didn't trial the game first before you bought it, plenty of opportunity's to have done that. And don't worry I know not every game will suite and/or pleases everyone. FE is no exception to that rule

Hopefully you learned a lesson to not go by things that might sound positive to you, unless it's is written by very close friends of yours who know you personaly and know what you like, take that into your next game you might want to buy or make sure you get your hands on a trial/buddykey/demo before you buy a MMORPG next time.

Do hope that you as a fellow gamer will find that game to enjoy, good luck.....

• ghostinfinitghostinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 552

I was on vent with some of my WoW guildies and they were asking me about FE.  When the conversation turned a little condescending (me being a guild officer and not playing wow every moment of my online life) A guy asked me "So is this where you're taking a little break from WoW"  he says in a real shitty tone.  I reply "Welp, I can say this much, they don't have Gearscores here"

• dannydeucedannydeuce Member Posts: 310

I understand the majority of you don't want to hear this, but I agree on all levels with the review.  Regardless of the smaller critiques of the game, the gameplay and clunkiness were the gamebreakers for me.

My opinion I guess.  I understand why people like it and really don't want to argue...to each his own.

EDIT:  Forgot to mention, for those of you that like to downgrade reviews and say they mean nothing...what if they gave your game a 9.0?  Would you say "Yeah, they got it right" or "Who cares, Gamespot knows nothing"?  These sites, reviews, and even the game rating on mmorpg has some credibility.

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212
    Originally posted by dannydeuce

EDIT:  Forgot to mention, for those of you that like to downgrade reviews and say they mean nothing...what if they gave your game a 9.0?  Would you say "Yeah, they got it right" or "Who cares, Gamespot knows nothing"?  These sites, reviews, and even the game rating on mmorpg has some credibility.

I would simply state that I agree with it if I did... if I say anything at all.

The only difference between an "opinion" and a "review" is either the guy reviewing is being asked to in some official capacity by some entity, or paid to and holds their opinion to higher regard for whatever reason. The reality is that a review is still just an opinion and is not worth any more than anyone else's opinion. The random forum shlub that posts his opinion as a review just doesn't understand that there really is no difference... As I've said before, the only opinion that matters is yours and it only matters for you. In the case of FE especially now since they have a free 10 day trial, there is no reason not to try for yourself and form your own opinion. So in MY opinion these threads and post with people endlessly giving their opinions (reviews) and fighting over who is right and who is wrong are totally inane and pointless. Hell, I think most "professional" reviews are pointless acts of narcissism...

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• dannydeucedannydeuce Member Posts: 310
    Originally posted by Darkholme

Originally posted by dannydeuce

I would simply state that I agree with it if I did... if I say anything at all.

The only difference between an "opinion" and a "review" is either the guy reviewing is being asked to in some official capacity by some entity, or paid to and holds their opinion to higher regard for whatever reason. The reality is that a review is still just an opinion and is not worth any more than anyone else's opinion. The random forum shlub that posts his opinion as a review just doesn't understand that there really is no difference... As I've said before, the only opinion that matters is yours and it only matters for you. In the case of FE especially now since they have a free 10 day trial, there is no reason not to try for yourself and form your own opinion. So in MY opinion these threads and post with people endlessly giving their opinions (reviews) and fighting over who is right and who is wrong are totally inane and pointless. Hell, I think most "professional" reviews are pointless acts of narcissism...

I agree with you.  I used the word "some" for a reason.  

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

Gamespot hasn't held much credibility in the last 8 years. Hell, hardly any review site does anymore.

Stop letting the suits fool you. Play what you like.

• xanphiaxanphia Member Posts: 684

I really wanted to like the game. Sadly, the combat felt a bit slow for me and I couldn't handle the crafting too well. Maybe I tried to do too much at one time. Not sure, but I may return. Later.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

1st from the screenshots the reviewer made it to level 11.....  it's like making a review of WOW  after level 20, not very credible.  Lots of stuff is introduce in sector 2. 

Secondly he talk about bugs, yeah there are bugs, but what MMO doesnt have bugs.  From launch back in sept as of today, it's day and night and the lag that was plaguing the game is all but gone.

Fallen Earth deserve better but it seems gamespot reviewer only focus on a few bad things and made it only to level 11....

• BroomyBroomy Member UncommonPosts: 487
    Originally posted by Terranah

Hopefully this will inspire FE to work even harder to bring this game up to snuff.  It has real potential, a diamond in the rough.  I would give it probably between 6 to 7 myself after playing the game since launch and reflecting on it a bit.  Here is the link:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/fallenearth/review.html

I think the review is absolutely spot on.  It sums up how many of us feel about the game.  Lots of potential, but missing the mark on too many other things.  Thanks for posting this! 

Current Games: WOW, EVE Online

• Blank300Blank300 Member Posts: 62

In a way, it's too bad that the company that created FE really messed up, with all hte lag,awekward combat, and the weird bugs.

I remember I was in one of hte border towns, and I saw some bandit looking guys so I decided " Hey, lets try out this gun seems really cool" took me over a clip and a half to kill the guy ( Yes I was just starting out ), but the mob was the same level. so you would think that he would at least go down in about 6 seconds or so , not awhole 30 seconds LOL

Anyways, I killed him, then his buddy kicks the hell outta me, all I see is a screen with the landscape in the background and asking " Where the hell is my body?" all of a sudden, my body plumits to the ground, looks like my guy jumped outta a plane but forgot to wear his parachute LOL , and his corpse bounced half adozen times before it came to a complete halt, that was funny as hell, looked like a rubber ball hitting the pavement!

The game itself is " Unique " in it's unfinished state, got alot of really good ideas,, however, the game itself, even rating it a 6 as is, is too generous, I would have gave it a 2. If they can fix those bugs, and the awkward combat which is seen from like the 90's to the 2000's I would sign up again, till then I will refrain from this poor excuse of a MMO.

Originally posted by Blank300

In a way, it's too bad that the company that created FE really messed up, with all hte lag,awekward combat, and the weird bugs.
    I am actually thankfull I finaly found my MMORPG to enjoy again since years. Thankfully I don't experiance lag, nor the issue's I keep reading about, not saying the game hasn't got issue's (patchnote will show you that), but from experiance I read more about them then experiance them ingame.
    I remember I was in one of hte border towns, and I saw some bandit looking guys so I decided " Hey, lets try out this gun seems really cool" took me over a clip and a half to kill the guy ( Yes I was just starting out ), but the mob was the same level. so you would think that he would at least go down in about 6 seconds or so , not awhole 30 seconds LOL
    Sorry but you must have a terrible aim.
    Anyways, I killed him, then his buddy kicks the hell outta me, all I see is a screen with the landscape in the background and asking " Where the hell is my body?" all of a sudden, my body plumits to the ground, looks like my guy jumped outta a plane but forgot to wear his parachute LOL , and his corpse bounced half adozen times before it came to a complete halt, that was funny as hell, looked like a rubber ball hitting the pavement!
     Haha, I have seen this happen a few times on mobs, never saw this ever with player characters, again not saying it didn't happen, but I would just LOL if it happen to me.
    The game itself is " Unique " in it's unfinished state, got alot of really good ideas,, however, the game itself, even rating it a 6 as is, is too generous, I would have gave it a 2. If they can fix those bugs, and the awkward combat which is seen from like the 90's to the 2000's I would sign up again, till then I will refrain from this poor excuse of a MMO.

Hehe I wouldn't even comment on a game I would rate a 2, but that's just me. I feel the game is more finished and more true to the way I want my MMORPG experiance then anything released the last few years, again pure personal. As your text is also just that your personal opinion.

• Blank300Blank300 Member Posts: 62

I am actually thankfull I finaly found my MMORPG to enjoy again since years. Thankfully I don't experiance lag, nor the issue's I keep reading about, not saying the game hasn't got issue's (patchnote will show you that), but from experiance I read more about them then experiance them ingame.
     Haha, I have seen this happen a few times on mobs, never saw this ever with player characters, again not saying it didn't happen, but I would just LOL if it happen to me.

Hehe I wouldn't even comment on a game I would rate a 2, but that's just me. I feel the game is more finished and more true to the way I want my MMORPG experiance then anything released the last few years, again pure personal. As your text is also just that your personal opinion.

Aye I see what your saying, but I was just alittle disappointed with the way the game turned out, I truly hope it gets better because I will buy it if it does! I love those kinds of games, but my AIM!!!! IS FINE!!!! LOL was standing RIGHT infront of him!!! If your still telling me my AIM lol is BAD then what I can't hit the broad side of a barn hahaha :P

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

I played the free trial of the game recently. I liked most of the game's features and I thought the story was immersive enough (though it wasnt very differentiated from, say, fallout).

The deal breaker for me is that there is a limit to how many AP (points used to buy skills and stats) that one can have, but there is no "retcon" available in case of a misclick, and in fact there isnt even an "are you sure" warning when you spend AP.  I coujld imagine having my character gimped after I invest weeks played and having a super nerdrage. 

I mentioned this in the help chat (which was, on the whole, very helpful) and their advice was: well, make another toon.

I'd probably consider playing again if there was a way to redo AP.

Itch

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Aye I see what your saying, but I was just alittle disappointed with the way the game turned out, I truly hope it gets better because I will buy it if it does! I love those kinds of games, but my AIM!!!! IS FINE!!!! LOL was standing RIGHT infront of him!!! If your still telling me my AIM lol is BAD then what I can't hit the broad side of a barn hahaha :P

I actually would say give it another try man, really I will admit at first when I played the beta the game didn't click with me at all, I was mostly in beta to actually test things for the game. It wasn't untill I got my hands on the trial and another trial, escapist key trial that finaly gave me that click to the game, I also will say that current crop of games have spoiled many of us(incl. me) in for example how a game looks or how fast and easy it is to kill something, how easy it is to lvl quickly in most current MMO's, how most MMO's actualy hold your hand and guide you almost to cap lvl, FE isn't that type of MMORPG.

FE is very different in that way. But as always I know the game doesn't suite everyone's taste, but if you say you love these type of games than really give it some more time to experiment with it or wait some more to see if future patches might hold that fix you might want to see.

Personaly love the MMORPG genre, but somehow all the MMO's released the last couple of years never gave me that MMO fibe I was looking for, FE provides me again with that fibe.

And was just joking with you on your aim, it might be fine, but ...well....zipguns arn't the best weapons in game, it takes time to get your hands at better weapons, build up your skills, gather better ability's that strenght'n/improve your aim by building them up with AP.

Whatever you decide I wish you good luck and hope eventually you find that MMO to enjoy in the way you want it to entertain you.