Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking to come back and try.....

Gotta admit, AoC has a lot of potential, with their already jaw dropping graphic engine, and their awesome dev (I love their dev), I think it will become another good game to play.

However, there are still few things I wanna ask b4 I decide:

1.)  are leveling fast?

2.)  hows pvp? I came back coz I can play pvp.  How is it in seige??  often has siege?

3.)  Hows items?? Good Looking?

should have more questions, but lets start off with this one then

Comments

• underoath01underoath01 Member Posts: 34

I'm thinking about coming back as well either this or aion whats all changed since launch?

• mmoluvammoluva Member UncommonPosts: 323

Try it out you may have fun.

• DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515

No answer ?? come on !! :(

Anyway, don't try Aion, is boring !! -.-

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

It's christmas, I'm sure not going to be many replies till after.

Anyways, I can only answer one of your questions. Yes the leveling is a lot faster now. Zones like Ymir's Pass added a lot of new quests with good exp. I don't have to villa grind unless I'm looking for mats for crafting.

As for PVP. I don't do it so I can't answer that part.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• finaticdfinaticd Member Posts: 843

If you read this thread you can get the sentiment that this game is mostly geared towards PvE now....the PvP servers have very few players today.  forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php and mini games are pretty uncommon on most servers. Think the new director just cares about PvE as that seems to be the market of this game now.

Sieges have lag and crashing issues pretty much always on all but 1 server...which still has them but they stack melee only for the two groups that siege on that server..i find it funny that 6 months later players are coming up with solutions and Funcom just said it is to complex to deal and ignores the issue now.

Leveling has always been fast it takes 5 days or so to hit lvl 80...the double XP thing is over I believe though so you can't grind out in a few days. Most the 80 players reroll or have many alts so leveling is the biggest part of this game.

IDK about gear it all looks pretty generic to me, the fans say this isn't WoW so maybe you will like it.

---------

There are always few replies....this game doesn't have many players or followers anymore. There was a big drop off of what it did have after patch 1.5 esp among PvPers because PvP combat is so slow now and sieges no longer work. Just make sure you don't roll on a dead server only 4 servers have enough of a population to do anything with a group.

Funcom has reviewed all of its assets relevant for
    impairment testing. This process has led to
    recognition of an impairment loss of around
    3,1 MUSD for Age of Conan due to a decrease in
    numbers of subscribers for the game. Funcom Q4 10 report.
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpost.php?p=2926123&postcount=7 500 mains/alts on Tyranny in past 30 days - instead of merge servers let's open a new PvP server, again! http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=106427

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by Dolmong

Gotta admit, AoC has a lot of potential, with their already jaw dropping graphic engine, and their awesome dev (I love their dev), I think it will become another good game to play.
    1.)  are leveling fast?
    2.)  hows pvp? I came back coz I can play pvp.  How is it in seige??  often has siege?

I highlighted the questions that should tell you what to do, you're using phrases such as "AoC has alot of potential" and "I think it will become another good game to play". You've answered yourself really, after 18+ months the game still has potential and could be good? I think you give Funcom more credit than they're worth personaly, already they've shifted their focus to secret world and continue upon the slash and burn approach to their MMORPGs.

I don't see AoC changing much now, I think we've got all we're gonna get from this title and it's time to like it or lump it. The next wonder patch (I think that's the second wonder patch?) won't save it and the expansion is merely disgusting merchandising at its worst in my opinion. A final last hurrah before putting AoC on a skeleton crew then finally going F2P sometime in 2010.

1) Leveling is very fast.

2) PvP is a few lvl 80's getting bored for the most part with sieges rarely occuring due to being broken. Some will disagree but it depends on what you call frequent, I play DFO and there are sieges and raids on player cities several times a day. In AoC it's a bit of a joke.

3) Items are generic and lack lustre, it all looks good but when everyone has one exactly the same it just doesn't really matter anymore.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• nihcenihce Member Posts: 539

Lol these haters - don't listen to them. The game offers free trials - go try the game yourself.

Situation on Fury:

-leveling is extremely fast

-minis all the time

-sieges crash often (towers will probably suplement sieges at least for the time being) - Fury is not very active at sieging, but Crom still has quite a few sieges a day

As for buhooohoo Funcom switching teams to work on Secret world - i think it is safe to say that TSW is being put on hold for the time being. 1.06 is fucking HUGE - almost expansion material : guild renown, t3, towers, house of crom and expansion is freaking HUGE as well. So I think with TSW we are looking at a project put on hold (just like AoC was)

• misterdurpmisterdurp Member Posts: 157

do not listen to any of the above posters, they all post according to their agendas. Agricola for example is your typical rabid DF fanboi, finaticd is a vet who cant seem to let go of the game.. just to name a few examples. the positive posters arent much better.

try the trial and make up your own mind.

im not playing the game, the expansion does look very interesting so im still following the news around that.

• rafaelrehnrafaelrehn Member Posts: 235

PVP

Sucks actually, the hacking (AoCbuddy) and cheating is as rampant as ever so if you mind people running around you at full sprint without losing any stamina or teleporting 20 m away when you actually hit them then don't bother . At starter dungeons in tortage you will see groups of people farming bots for pvp xp totally open. it was the reason i left the game and it was still present during my 2 returns. And yes many many GM reports were filled to little use. Funcom never cared about cheaters enough to ban them. I play on a PVP server don't know how it is on carebear servers

which server? I just came back and was already accused of teleporting but have never seen a single cheater or even a bot you mentioned.

Originally posted by nihce

which server? I just came back and was already accused of teleporting but have never seen a single cheater or even a bot you mentioned.

any eu pvp  fury is the worst  and thats what AOC buddy looks like

www.youtube.com/watch

welcome to the internet btw

Originally posted by nihce

And this is Zvetlana one of the top pvpers on the FURY server "Tracking"...

www.youtube.com/watch

Hmm this is before 1.05 - how come these pvpers are not even in top 20? ... if they hack? The bs "teleport" is quite often seen in game and it is simply a lag causing it. As for svetlana ... could be lack or hack. dunno - but if these 2 are only ones hacking this is very low

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

I came back last month myself and the game is absolutely amazing.. it has some of the fastest  paced combat in any MMO in my personal experience... The classes are very original.

as far as your questions i will answer what i can.

1. Leveling is very fast... just like the combat. at least up into the 40s which is where i am now.

2. I personally havent done any of the PVP in the game due to being on a PVE server. but the guild I am in has done some PVP seiges. Which I have asked about. They are currently getting ready to add a HUGE Factional RVR pvp style, with the upcomiing expansion which i am looking forward to personally.

3. Some of the items look great. some are meh... I like how you start the game off looking really ragged but it can be annoying at times when your leveling you get a nice looking set of gear then you get something thats better statwise that looks like rags...Also some of the NPCs walking around will give you style envy. some of the NPC models look better than anything I have seen any of the players wearing. Especially the Egyptian style Stygian Warriors... they look really amazing.

As for a few other things. The game runs incredibly smooth, and i play on a laptop. Granted its a pretty beefy one at least when i bought it running a geforce 8800 with 3 gigs of ram... I have encountered a few bugs but overall its not as buggy as some people might make you think. The only really big gripe I would say i have with the game is the zones sometimes take FOREVER to load. and logging in the game can take some time as well.

Well Hope I might have been some help...

Merry CHRISTmas

you misunderstand my post I am not proving anything to you I am simply explaining to the OP that Funcom don't (never have and never will) care about cheaters. If you haven't seen/noticed/caught people exploiting it says more about your intelligence than it does about the game.

You want to insult my inteligence? LOL - there are few people I ever met that can do that. Please tell me how the first movie is not about a very bad assasin getting his ass kicked? 

and there are always a few cheaters in games - every game has them. But a cheating is not a problem in this game. Server top are not considered to be cheaters, I should know that :P

• AxeionAxeion Member UncommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by Dolmong

1.)  are leveling fast?

1 compaired to some games yes..took me more than 5 days to hit 80.theirs alot of places plers never see.

2.was intresting last i tried it but im mostly a pver .sorry not much help on this one.

3 good an geting better.

i have quit aoc twice now 1st time for bugs .second time money problems. now im subed for  a year.its got good an bad to it like most games. it requires a bit more attention than auto attack games which is good unless your sick an feel bad.its a pretty good game an seems to be geting better imho.their expansion an the alt advance system will expand play alot .

an if you come to these forums you will even get to play the aoc mini game "spot the aoc troll!"their about 4 last count that were the virtuous trolls that are trying to save you!an or explain that your realy not haveing fun.some are going on over a year triolling,should be a mmorpg.com acivemnt badge for them to display in pride :)

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." — Robert E. Howard, The Tower of the Elephant (1933)