Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coming to pvp so best be prepared!

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Going to give Aion a fair shot here. Recently I tried going back to WoW and just didn't work for me. So I said  well if I can give the old dinosaur a shot I might as well try the new kid on the block one. The only issues is going to be is finding a good server to play on. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Comments

• RavanosRavanos Member Posts: 897

Siel is pretty popular.

as for PVP call us in about 4-6 months of heavy grinding in PVE and tell us what you think LOL.

• dubledubdubledub Member Posts: 229

4-6 months? haha right sure because its been out for 3 and a bit and there's already great PvP going. Where did you get 4-6??

• alextodoalextodo Member UncommonPosts: 236

You could try Ariel. The Guild I`m in is called Talon and we are Asmodeans. :P You can see my Name in my Avatar so If you do get on either PM me on here or send me a Msg when In-Game.

• RavanosRavanos Member Posts: 897
    Originally posted by dubledub

4-6 months? haha right sure because its been out for 3 and a bit and there's already great PvP going. Where did you get 4-6??

depends on what type of player the OP is. the majority of players aren't out of their 30s yet so yeah i would say at least 4 months.

Originally posted by Ravanos

depends on what type of player the OP is. the majority of players aren't out of their 30s yet so yeah i would say at least 4 months.

But i'm in my 30s, done no heavy grinding and have great PvP, I just don't understand where you got 4 - 6 months from...

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I only played 2 weeks afther release and got my Templar to 36.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Well my flight to AIon has been delayed infinitely. Apparently the NCsoft launcher does not like the copy I bought from Steam. It won't load properly and it a a known issue with the NCsoft launcher. I basically needed to uninstall and reinstall microsft .net framework to get it to work but  I did it did not work. They said the only other thing I can do is reinstall windows xp and I'm not going through all that just to play Aion. Aion will have to wait until I get my new pc.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

But i'm in my 30s, done no heavy grinding and have great PvP, I just don't understand where you got 4 - 6 months from...

I was level 30 with 40 hours of /played, who the hell is 30 still?

Originally posted by Ephimero

I was level 30 with 40 hours of /played, who the hell is 30 still?

A lot of players are still in their 30s because they're taking their time and levelling slowly, with multiple alts. But that excactly proves my point, there's no way it would take 4-6 months to get great PvP

• Tenbwen1Tenbwen1 Member UncommonPosts: 50

I have 180hrs of play and i am 31 i have one alt which i don't really care for in the early teen.

I enjoy takening my time exploreing all the content i can as i lvl

Tenbwen

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

op!you do know if you die you get xp penalty hey,sowhen you arrive at the pvp area this game will become a grind ,because a lot of player are watching to make sure there arent a lot of player leveling you will put this game on the shelf before your max level.

it was easy at start nobody were at max level but now it will be a big pain.

• Larry2298Larry2298 Member Posts: 865

To me, I think there is no PVP.  Grinding in Eltenen at lv27, my sorcerer being slained by 2 asmos in 0.8 seconds. Don't even have time for any mouse click.

• SholShol Member Posts: 361
    Originally posted by drbaltazar

op!you do know if you die you get xp penalty hey,sowhen you arrive at the pvp area this game will become a grind ,because a lot of player are watching to make sure there arent a lot of player leveling you will put this game on the shelf before your max level.
    it was easy at start nobody were at max level but now it will be a big pain.

You only loose AP points in pvp fights (after reaching some high rank). That doesnt affect leveling-xp at all.

Originally posted by Larry2298

To me, I think there is no PVP.  Grinding in Eltenen at lv27, my sorcerer being slained by 2 asmos in 0.8 seconds. Don't even have time for any mouse click.

It gets better, trust me, and I'm only a few levels higher than you. Gotta stick with a group, or yes you will die.

• makerzyomakerzyo Member Posts: 40
    Originally posted by Tenbwen1

I have 180hrs of play and i am 31 i have one alt which i don't really care for in the early teen.

lol how long does it take to explore content in Aion I mean really? there are about 7 zones total, and 3 of the 7 will be the opposing factions zone. At level 31 you really have no dungeons either aside from possibly FT and that other dumb outside elite farming zone. Honestly if you are serious about having 180 hours played and you are 31 its really quite pathetic. 

Originally posted by makerzyo

lol how long does it take to explore content in Aion I mean really? there are about 7 zones total, and 3 of the 7 will be the opposing factions zone. At level 31 you really have no dungeons either aside from possibly FT and that other dumb outside elite farming zone. Honestly if you are serious about having 180 hours played and you are 31 its really quite pathetic. 

It's not a competetion haha no need to get  so worked up

• Tenbwen1Tenbwen1 Member UncommonPosts: 50

There are some of us that actually read the quests and look at the scenery and check out the rifts ect...

I feel that lvling in a mmo is about the Journey not who can get to max lvl fastest.

Maybe if more people stopped and smelled the roses once in awhile they would find that Aion is actually quite a nice place.

Tenbwen

• Tenken29Tenken29 Member Posts: 151

There are some of us that actually read the quests and look at the scenery and check out the rifts ect...
    I feel that lvling in a mmo is about the Journey not who can get to max lvl fastest.
    Maybe if more people stopped and smelled the roses once in awhile they would find that Aion is actually quite a nice place.

You might as well play Oblivion.

Pledge your support to creating a PvP Community on Aion. Join our server on release.
    http://aionfactions.homelinux.com