Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

STO Spacedock Preview from Alltern8

RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

The attached link provides a bit of a preview on the activities and services available at the Earth Spacedock.

http://www.alltern8.com/library/mmo_games/an_in-depth_preview_of_star_trek_onlines_earth_spacedock/l-4600.html

Edit: spelling

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Comments

• ScrogdogScrogdog Member Posts: 380

Thanks for the link.

Pretty much what I expected.

Now, what I really want to see is some "goings on" at that bar. I'm sure that I'll try to make some of that myself. :)

Too bad that they can't  put Quark there. That alone should drum up something!

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Bar activities, maybe with some mini-games (Strategema, Tri-Dimensional Chess, Kadis-Kot, Tongo would be cool), holodeck stuff - lots of possibilities.

Other than that, the spacedock appears to have just what you'd expect.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

i agree, 3d chess was the pwn, its 3 regular chess boards with a couple pieces that can go up and down between the 3!

• tman5tman5 Member Posts: 604
    Originally posted by neorandom

i agree, 3d chess was the pwn, its 3 regular chess boards with a couple pieces that can go up and down between the 3!

Star Trek tridimensional chess included two four-square platforms for each side that were also movable, adding even more challenge. 

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Not bad for a start, but they need to beef up on that. Right now it sounds like a place to just make a quick stop for accessories and that's it. Not that it matters much to me, but for people that are looking forward to hanging out at a Ten Forward or Quark's Bar type atmosphere this will be lacking for them.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by ktanner3

Not bad for a start, but they need to beef up on that. Right now it sounds like a place to just make a quick stop for accessories and that's it. Not that it matters much to me, but for people that are looking forward to hanging out at a Ten Forward or Quark's Bar type atmosphere this will be lacking for them.

I agree.  There are a lot of things they can and should do with it to make it more of an enjoyable player hub.