Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New patch was a DISASTER! Game will be down/broken until January

13»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Sikgamer

Originally posted by gnomad1

ROFLMAO, the old "Christmas" dodge.... gawd some of you fools will never learn.
    I have to really wonder how many of you have actual jobs and work for actual companies. 
    Here let me make it perfectly clear YOU DON'T SHUT DOWN AT CHRISTMAS WHEN YOU HAVE A DEADLINE TO MEET OR IF YOU ARE TRYING TO DELIVER A PROFESSIONAL PRODUCT. Is that f'n clear enough?
    These are a bunch of early 20 somethings with NO world experience living off the lame ass CEO's daddies money and daddies friends money. They have ZERO business knowledge, experience, or even a well thought out business plan that I can see. 
    On top of that they seem to be nothing but a bunch of Unreal Mod writers and not even good at that.
    DnF and DnL will be shining stars compared to what this lame arse POS is shaping up to be and they were/are both total excrement.
    Come on Kool-Aid drinking sycophants prove me wrong with all your "but it is only beta", "they will release a magical patch", etc, etc, etc.....ad naseum excuses.

You remind me of the people that were festering in the forum hate machine that was the Darkfall forums on release. The forums were filled with people complaining that 'DIS GAMES GONA FAIL', 'Aventurine is a retarded, new company that don't know how to make games' etc. Look at Darkfall now. Were you hating morons right? No. Mortal online will survive and grow, as Darkfall has, to be a great game, perhaps better than its competition what with the UO style gameplay it offers.

Some people still consider DFO as 'fail' even a year after its lauch, guess it depends on your definition.

Right now it looks like SV might have difficulty even reaching that level of playability.

Keeping the doors open is a far cry from "success"

But regarding the pre Christmas patch, as others mentioned, this is a beta, which is for testing, not playing the game and everyone should be able to open great defect reports that they can work on when they come back in January.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NithirNithir Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Originally posted by prow

Seems the SV team released the patch ONE day before they were taking a 2 week vacation.  The servers will not get fixed until sometime in January.  SV really screwed up on this one... seems they have no strategy at all, just throw stuff together and hope it works and leave the next day...  They are suppose to release next month, so they will have less than a month to fix all bugs, get a better patcher system, release a NA server and get a real installer...  Won't happen...
    Anyone else worried?  Discuss...

Because they will have a NA server at Launch.

• rymanryman Member Posts: 227

Please get a constructive hobby, guys. The game isn't even released. That is all.

• ZzuluZzulu Member Posts: 452

I see no way for this game to be anything but a small release with a userbase hovering (at best) around 10.000-20.000 people 6 months after release.

This is just plain realistic in my opinion. There is just about no chance this game will meet most peoples standards in any sort of fashion.

I am a fan of MO but the game would need about 1-2 years of extra development to be even just a sleeper niché hit. It's a shame to see SV so financially strained that they feel the need to launch the game so prematurely.

• prowprow Member Posts: 188
    Originally posted by Zzulu

I see no way for this game to be anything but a small release with a userbase hovering (at best) around 10.000-20.000 people 6 months after release.
    This is just plain realistic in my opinion. There is just about no chance this game will meet most peoples standards in any sort of fashion.
    I am a fan of MO but the game would need about 1-2 years of extra development to be even just a sleeper niché hit. It's a shame to see SV so financially strained that they feel the need to launch the game so prematurely.

zzulu u da man i agree