Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will be sad if a Free to play's "Space" combat is better than STO's.

2»

Comments

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

Maybe in 15+ years.  Not anytime from early release, thank God.  I don't want to play with a bunch of f2p kids that ruin the game for everyone else.  On the topic of content, I feel there will be more than enough content to justify a p2p monthly subscription.  We will only know after release though.

• BrannagarBrannagar Member CommonPosts: 72
    Originally posted by Stellos

Maybe in 15+ years.  Not anytime from early release, thank God.  I don't want to play with a bunch of f2p kids that ruin the game for everyone else.  On the topic of content, I feel there will be more than enough content to justify a p2p monthly subscription.  We will only know after release though.

Laughable.

I have been part of tons of MMO communities; WoW, LotRO, AoC, WAR, SWG, Aion, DAoC, Champions Online, Asheron's Call, EQ2 and quite a few others.  With the exception of LotRO and DAoC, all of them had communities that were nigh identical.  All of them.

It will be the same for Allods and ST:O.  A certain percentage will be cool and a certain percentage will be tools.  That is just the way it is and the way it always will be.

Trying to decide what MMO to play based on community alone is tenuous at best and, furthermore, after looking at the ST forums here and on the main forums, there has been nothing to show me that ST:O will have any more a mature community than anything else.

• DoomsDay01DoomsDay01 Member UncommonPosts: 783
    Originally posted by Brannagar

Originally posted by Stellos

Laughable.

I have been part of tons of MMO communities; WoW, LotRO, AoC, WAR, SWG, Aion, DAoC, Champions Online, Asheron's Call, EQ2 and quite a few others.  With the exception of LotRO and DAoC, all of them had communities that were nigh identical.  All of them.

It will be the same for Allods and ST:O.  A certain percentage will be cool and a certain percentage will be tools.  That is just the way it is and the way it always will be.

Trying to decide what MMO to play based on community alone is tenuous at best and, furthermore, after looking at the ST forums here and on the main forums, there has been nothing to show me that ST:O will have any more a mature community than anything else.

Actually, it could be far worse with STO. It is going to depend on how much people will want to complain about thier ideas of star trek not being in the game.  As for the games you mentioned above. All those were p2p. There is a far different feel in the f2p community. it is much less forgiving than what p2p communities are. If you were around for EQ1, and frequented the boards early in its start. For a long time EQ1's message boards was nothing more than a huge flamewar. You could not ask a question on there without being flamed back off the board. It wasn't till SOE started moderating and suspending people for that, that it finally changed. A lot of f2p communities are much more like the old eq1 forums and it can be frustrating just trying to get information without getting flamed.