Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallen Earth: Town Events

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

The team from Icarus Studios has provided us with this new developer journal discussing Town Events in their post-apocalyptic MMO, Fallen Earth.

Wandering the desert, looking for something to do? Check out a town event! Town events are another fun way to interact in the Fallen Earth environment. Like a conflict town, a town event offers cool rewards for completing repeatable missions, but most town events have no faction requirement, so anyone can join in as players work together to achieve a goal.

Fallen Earth conflict towns show the violent clash of ideologies in a post-apocalyptic world, whereas a town event often involves rebuilding, fortifying or defending a settlement against an outside attack. Town events provide a different kind of cooperative play. Each has a list of goals players must meet to bring on the event finale. Players might need to gather resources or clear out dangerous areas. Every player's contribution counts towards the completion of the town event, without regard to clan or faction. The more players cooperate and organize their efforts, the faster the finale comes around.

Read about Town Events.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• bumfmanbumfman Member Posts: 276

I  downloaded the free trial last nite as I slept.  I can hardly wait to get off work to sink my teeth into it.

Work hard Play Harder

• DrafellDrafell Member Posts: 588

I have quite enjoyed the trial, although the level ten limit feels too low for a player to really get to grips with the game. Just as you start to get things worked out, bam... you can progress no further.

Still, the Town Event's seem quite fun. Admittedly, I have only participated in the Event at Oilville, and it gets too boring and predictable after a few runs, however, it does make a good effort at bringing the players together in a game which otherwise feels like a single player RPG.

All in all, the developers should keep up the good work.

• describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407

yet to do a town event... i mean i saw them and know what they are but i was just to busy running around getting any AP points i could lay my hands on.. which meant everything in S1...  each starter town really does offer some different quests, although the "FARM" wasn't what i expected when i went up there. :P what do you mean, there's no actual FARM lol

by the time i headed to S2, i was armed with my sniper rifle and battle rifle along with twin pistols riding my motorcycle.... yeah i joined the Techs.

awesome game, cancelled my subscription recently though.. mostly because of christmas, i usually have 2 MMO's subscribed.... but over the holidays i'm lucky if i  have time for one... especially with snow everywhere and my neice at that age where she wants to do everything with her uncles :P

good game, looking forward to what it brings Next Year :)

For those of you on the fence about the game, it's currently half price on Steam right now...

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week

• Cristina1Cristina1 Member UncommonPosts: 372

I tried the free trial and did not like it. Killing dumb AI mobs got very boring in WoW. It is not fun at all, no challenge. I hear PvP is also is non existent as well....

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781
    Originally posted by Cristina1

I tried the free trial and did not like it. Killing dumb AI mobs got very boring in WoW. It is not fun at all, no challenge. I hear PvP is also is non existent as well....

Yeah the mobs suck. They're terrible.

Its more about the enviroment and the atmosphere, I'd say. If that doesn't do it for you either, then nah, game's probably not for you.

• FuggoFuggo Member Posts: 121

Yeah the mobs are stupid and bugged to hell.

Community is great, but 95% of them love crafting so they don't care about the stupid mobs it seem....

When they fix the mobs and animations I might return. Starting quests are also boring and people leave after just 2 - 4 hours.

[Earthrise ss in my profile][Coming out Q2 2010]