Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few tips for playing Fallen Earth

ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

1. Do the tutorial, no matter how experianced you feel you are in this genre just do the tutorial.

2. After entering the world after the tut. start the extended tut. training, again no matter how experianced you feel you are in this genre, doing these 2 things will eliminate about 80% of questions asked in chat.

3. Take your time, explore, discover, read!

4. You can craft everything, but ask yourself this do you really want to, cause you don't need to. Make sure you understand it is a choice. Crafting takes time and you can only craft one item at a time, just think about it if this was not the case everyone would be crafting and a auction house would not be needed at all. Again you can choose to craft everything you need to become selfsufficient, but again it's a choice.

5. AP is gained by several activities, you can get AP as rewards from quests, you get it from scavaging, fighting, crafting

6. Balance your character, meaning make sure your weapon/armor requirement is the same or close to your Armor/Weapon skills. Example when having a rifle skill of 45 you should either be using the sporting x-bow requirement lvl 45 or the Magnum Rifle req.45, same with armor fi you have armor use of 45 make sure the armor you are wearing is 45 or close to it.

7. Bottom left corner of the screen you have the MENU, don't be scared, click it, allot of options are revealed+their shortcut key.

8. Try not to scream LAG or BUG, without trying to consult to ingame community. I have helped and read so many people experiance some bug where in fact it wasn't a bug but simply misunderstanding of certain quests. Not saying FE is bug free as I am sure it has bugs, though I don't encounter them as much as I read about them on forums or ingame chat.

9. Play melee 3rd person and ranged 1st person.

10. Crafting: If you want to craft allot of items that require lots of resources (which can make your pack become pretty full, prepare it before you log of, crafting continues when you leave/logout), if you crafting small things or just single items, know you can do what ever you want, meaning you can still go and do quests, explore, run around, there is a slight benifith from crafting at the specivic store, for example if you making armor you get a slight time increase speed bonus from crafting it at a armor store. Also the higher up you get on the map the better the resource spots will get.

11. Know and understand you are playing on 1 server situated in the US (me being from the EU), yes I too can max out on several other games incl. as a example CrysisWarhead/CoDMW2 or AoC which is very instanced and doesn't even come close to the size of FE, where I can not max out with FE, which atleast to me is very logical.

These are just a few tips, so please read them as such. So do not read it as fact please.

Anyone else care to share some tips feel free to add them.

Comments

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

So nobody else want's to share some tips, or perhaps many felt my tips wern't as helpfull as I thought they would be? just curious.

• nigel71nigel71 Member UncommonPosts: 23

Speaking as someone who's looking at this as his next MMO (and really wants to find one that sticks ) , thanks for posting this will be bound to look back at it for info  as I progress

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Thanks for the tips.

Since I am still downloading/patching: what is "AP" at point 5?

Originally posted by Herodes

Thanks for the tips.
    Since I am still downloading/patching: what is "AP" at point 5?

AP = Ability Points, you put these points to increase Stats and/or Skills

Stats take 5 AP

Skills take 1 AP

There are lvl caps with Skills which can be raised by spending AP into Stats.

• KexoKexo Member Posts: 84

That is a long ass list. Let me simplify it for you.

1. Roll a melee  toon and max your  melee stats and abilities.

2. Profit.

Done. Its like playing the game in easy mode in which you're the tank, DPS and healer all in one uber god like character.

Originally posted by Kexo

That is a long ass list. Let me simplify it for you.
    1. Roll a melee  toon and max your  melee stats and abilities.
    2. Profit.
    Done. Its like playing the game in easy mode in which you're the tank, DPS and healer all in one uber god like character.

Hehe, wel my list is based on my playing experiance and the help I keep given to many players. This short you give here might do it for a few players like me, but you just spend  as little as a hour in /help ingame and you could or should understand why my list is the way it is

Oh and I would never suggest people to go full melee, sure it's the most easy route at first (S1), wait till you gonna get sniped or simply ranged allot in S2, though it's always good to have some melee on you.

And if the game was indeed as easy as you make it sound we wouldn't have these tons of questions popping up in /help, but I am sure you already knew that .

• HitechLolifeHitechLolife Member Posts: 210

You should at the very least level your Science and Ballistics tradeskills if you are a pistol or rifle user. Ammo is a pain and you want to be cranking it out constantly.

Currently Playing: The Game

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

I technically have no tips aside from, enjoy yourself! This game is one where you can do what you want, not what someone tells you to do. So enjoy it, take your time! Getting to 45 is not the main objective like it is in so many games.

Also, make sure that you plan your characters AP point allocation prior to placing any AP points! There is currently no form of respec in the game, so it is vital that you know where you're putting things prior to placing AP points. To do this, please click the GlobalTECH Planner link, you can move things around in there and figure out how you want your character to play out.

That being said, my main contribution to this thread is the listing of some helpful websites for you to check out.

Official Sites

Fallen Earth

Fallen Earth Forums

Fallen Earth Free Trial

Other Helpful Sites

GlobalTECH Atlas

GlobalTECH Planner

GlobalTECH Item Database

Post Apoc Radio

LifeNET

Fallen Earth Info Terminal

• deestepdeestep Member Posts: 4

Max out the skills you want first, then bump your stats to raise the cap. The most daunting thing for me at first  was pulling up the attribute screen for the first time with a fistful of AP  and seeing dozens of blank spaces.  As your character sheet starts to fill out it all makes a lot more sense afterward.

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

Excellent thread.

Excellent tips.

I have nothing to add considering you covered it all very well for the beginners.

I will say I can't agree enough with the do the tutorial and extended tutorial enough no matter how long you've been playing MMO's.  This game is a bit different and has a very steep learning curve, prohibitively steep if you skip the tutorial.  Most of the core mechanics are covered in the tutorials and will get you well on your way.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

A steep learning curve. :)

J for quests,
    M for map,
    L for crafting book,
    CTRL+1-6 for weapons.
    F9 for 1st/3rd person
    Tab for fightmode.

The rest is exploration or reading through guides of "important" beta-beings... I guess

• WikingDKWikingDK Member UncommonPosts: 50

Thanks for the work and tips .

Originally posted by parrotpholk

Originally posted by Einherjar_LC

Excellent thread.

Excellent tips.

I have nothing to add considering you covered it all very well for the beginners.

I will say I can't agree enough with the do the tutorial and extended tutorial enough no matter how long you've been playing MMO's.  This game is a bit different and has a very steep learning curve, prohibitively steep if you skip the tutorial.  Most of the core mechanics are covered in the tutorials and will get you well on your way.

Everyone should do the tutorials period. Would save a lot of stupid pointless questions...such as where do i get my first horse? Or how do you aim? And my favorite...how do you go into first person? All these could be answered simply by doing it.  It doesnt take long to do and helps a good deal.

I even suggest the dev.team to put a lock on the first lifenet door which should NOT open before players have spoken to the lifenet operator that gives you the extended training tut.

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055
    Originally posted by Herodes

A steep learning curve. :)
    J for quests,

M for map,

L for crafting book,

CTRL+1-6 for weapons.

F9 for 1st/3rd person

Tab for fightmode.
    The rest is exploration or reading through guides of "important" beta-beings... I guess

I'm happy you find it so simplistic.

Judging by the enormous amount of traffic on the help channel asking the same questions repeatedly, because those players chose to skip the tutorial, I would say you are probably in the minority.

It seems many players find the controls in this game counter intuitive.

I would agree with a mandatory lock on a new account for skipping the tutorial.  After you have a character to say levels 3-5, the rest of your toons can skip it.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!