Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What was your biggest MMO-fail of 2009?

Well the title says it all.

2009 is almost done, we've again seen a lot of games come and go..

I guess we all tried and played a lot of  mmo's. Some were great! some dissapointing..

So it's time again for a discussion!

What was your biggest 'MMO-FAIL'?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
waiting for ... nothing..

Comments

• twiggy550twiggy550 Member UncommonPosts: 492

Pretty sure we already got one of these threads floating around.

"IRL is a pretty upstanding MMO with thousands of classes, a lot of PvP and even some pretty unique emotes and titles you can acquire. Explore that world first, then we'll talk about this virtual one."

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

My vote goes to crimecraft or citiesXL, both had so much potential but devs never listened to their beta testers and look where they are now...

• IllyrIllyr Member Posts: 25

Aion...was waiting long time for this mmorpg and got dissappointed that much that will never play ncsoft games ever even if they create the best game in the world.

• striker09dxstriker09dx Member UncommonPosts: 197
    Originally posted by Gabby-air

My vote goes to crimecraft or citiesXL, both had so much potential but devs never listened to their beta testers and look where they are now...

I believe Crimecraft should be set as an example of greedy devs punishment. Pay to play+cash shop+ no quality.

Maybe others will learn... *cough* CO *cough*

• whitezwhitez Member Posts: 26

Aion

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I guess Fallen Earth for me.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• fadasmafadasma Member UncommonPosts: 26

my Vote for Aion also...

• VarnyVarny Member Posts: 765

Wasn't a single one I've been excited for.

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

fallen earth

followed by Darkfall (that was 2009 right? I get its "official" release date confused for some reason)

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440
    Originally posted by Robokapp

Originally posted by Gabby-air

what happened to citiesXL? I was looking at it with a lot of interest...I never played though.

Well beta was FILLED with bugs and many core problems that the devs simply ignore and did what they wanted, later on interest dropped dramatically and the game was released  with very few people buying it. After release same stuff is still going, devs are simply ignoring players and don't do anything to improve the MMO part of the game at all. I had high hopes for the game but devs simply never understood what they could've achieved if they had done the game right.

• Sain34Sain34 Member UncommonPosts: 293

Darkfall.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Darkfall.  No question.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567

Nope, Aion. Biggest letdown ever.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• djnexusdjnexus Member Posts: 677

Fallen Earth

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

Aion, and Fallen Earth for me. I pretty much gave up on MMO's post WoW era, but i'm hopeful for 2010. 

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

Aion.

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

Darkfall definitely fell flat on its face at launch, but I think it has turned the corner and is a decent game atm. 

Aion will be the biggest dissappointment of the year if they don't drop the grind.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

i have to agree with others.. Aion.. and i bought the damn collectors edition.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

How many that voted Darkfall have played it?

• RaizeenRaizeen Member Posts: 622

darkfall

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Originally posted by daarco

I've long since come to the conclusion that the people who love to bash Darkfall and Aion are simply angry that the games weren't WoW 2.0 like they expected. Because the games don't hold your hand the entire way through, they must obviously suck, right?

<3

• Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335
    Originally posted by kingtommyboy

Well the title says it all.
    2009 is almost done, we've again seen a lot of games come and go..
    I guess we all tried and played a lot of  mmo's. Some were great! some dissapointing..
    So it's time again for a discussion!
    What was your biggest 'MMO-FAIL'?

Champions Online

I wanted so much to like this game. As is, I have resubbed to City of Heroes instead.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• FunballFunball Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by dreamscaper

Originally posted by daarco

I've long since come to the conclusion that the people who love to bash Darkfall and Aion are simply angry that the games weren't WoW 2.0 like they expected. Because the games don't hold your hand the entire way through, they must obviously suck, right?

My vote goes for Aion as well.  And this guy is a clown.  Aion is every little bit as "easy" as WoW, it's just that Aion is absolute GARBAGE.

• drago_pldrago_pl Member Posts: 384

Originally posted by dreamscaper
    Originally posted by daarco How many that voted Darkfall have played it?

This.

Also many forum PvPers that failed ingame and left are bashing game. This is normal for PvP titles especially those with hard punishment for sucking. Darkfall is now better than ever (well, in shape it suppose to be on launch) and gaining new subscribers each day.

• zchmrkenhoffzchmrkenhoff Member Posts: 2,241

I would say Darkfall. I've never played Darkfall. This is one of the reasons why it has failed.

If Darkfall was released and I wasn't shocked at seeing the negativity many people were saying about it, I might have played it, but this didn't happen, and I'm nervous to put down all that money to play an MMO that has a very real chance of being bad. Darkfall has failed me.

I would say Aion. I played Aion.

Aion had nothing in it that was innovative to me, and it wasn't a fun game to me in the slightest. After playing Age of Conan, it felt like a step back. I want a game that builds off of Age of Conan, not goes backwards...

Aion and Darkfall.

"Listen, you fuckers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the cunts, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is a man who stood up." - Robert DeNiro