Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I return? Advice please.

2»

Comments

• AxeionAxeion Member UncommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by socrates656

Age of Conan is one of the worst MMO's I have ever played in my 14 years of gaming. Not only that the community is full of a bunch of 30 year old men who act like little 9 year olds that have a bad case of social retardism.

never played wow?champion online?said sevrial times the free trials bring out the worst of people in that game.an yes global is crap at time can time it by when school gets out just like wow.

find a good guild it makes the game much better.in aoc i have never been kill stealed. never bitched at in group.never kicked from a group cause i dont have the right gear in their opion.in wow you get not only kicked for your gear or they just got some one "better" an you spent 20 minutes getn to the dam dungeon.

14 years huh? 1st mmo?

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." — Robert E. Howard, The Tower of the Elephant (1933)

• SporeDotSporeDot Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by Axeion

SporeDot i understand what your saying an the clarification on the 11 months makes bit more sence now.you might like eq1 now its harder than most games out their but not near as hard as it used to be. but you will have some of the same problems you have with aoc.geing people to do what your intrested in atm. pvp in eq is an has always been a joke.ill probly buy the expasion next month to it.if your starting out just buying the new expansion gets you all of the past expansions .
    i realy liked warhammers pvp tho so many complaned aobut it it was pathatic.i played both sides an seen when one side was over powered .casters ther for bit were way op that melee .but least its pvp missions were clear on what to do.some realy do like champions online pvp.the pve bored me to tears an the bugs ate the rest of the fun.
    their are some games bases on pvp comeing out that might not be to bad.but for me i like pve more than pvp.an imho wows pvp blows an sucks at the same time.an it pve is boreing easy.one of the few games i played where grouping hurts your xp.city of heroes, everquest 1 have a group bonus system more int the group better the xp over all.
    any way hope ya find a game that is fun for ya.aoc is fun for me.as well ascity of heroes , an everquest 1 are my games atm.

I played EQ1 a bit with some friends of mine that used to play, but now that they dont play anymore, I dont really have the incentive to head back.

Warhammers scenarios were actually pretty fun, and the T1 RvR was great - my beta time was awesome so I picked up the game, but once you got to T4 (which I expected to be mainly about World PvP and have some good scenarios), it ended up having the worst world PvP out of all tiers and I honestly found the scenarios worse than the first 3 tiers (some people hated Tor Anroc in T3 but, having knockbacks, I loved it).

I like PvE, but I get bored in games without some PvP as well. I agree that WoW's PvP sucks. The PvE (outside of raids) sucks as well. Raids are fun sometimes (but mainly because I have some good friends playing which make it fun to joke around etc). I am in no way a hardcore raider though, I limit myself to 1-2 times a week - that happens to be the extent of how much I've played WoW over the months. Definately feels a bit like wasted money playing only 4-8 times a month for a couple hours each time, but it's the only thing I can play w/ those friends.

Never played CoH but I considered trying a few times. Right now I'm giving Aion a fair go - Leveling is long and gets boring at times, but I like to give games a fair go - I dont think its fair to give a game a real rating until hitting max level and experiencing what the game is truly about.

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584

never played wow?champion online?said sevrial times the free trials bring out the worst of people in that game.an yes global is crap at time can time it by when school gets out just like wow.

find a good guild it makes the game much better.in aoc i have never been kill stealed. never bitched at in group.never kicked from a group cause i dont have the right gear in their opion.in wow you get not only kicked for your gear or they just got some one "better" an you spent 20 minutes getn to the dam dungeon.

14 years huh? 1st mmo?

Being kill stealed is probably more about of lack of players than anything else. Maybe gear doesn't mean much in AoC's easy dungeons, it however does bear a meaning in WoW. Groups prefer players who show some dedication, that's wrong apparently? 20min queues to dungeons... that's just a load of rubbish. Even as a DPS class you get in less than 10 mins, if  that's too long, play a healer or tank instead.

WoW has released The Sunwell Plateau, Malygos Lair, Obsidian Sanctum, (renewed Naxxramas), Ulduar, Trial of the Crusader, Icecrown Citadel, this is all raid content, released within 2 years. Your game still has barely released ANY NEW RAID CONTENT, in nearly 2 years now? So how's AoC's cross-server dungeons / minigames going? Not yet implemented? Yeah, that's pretty much the slogan of your game.

How are the sieges? How's that T3 coming, was supposed to be out before 2010 right? yeah, not gonna happen, is it? If you're gonna whine about another game, then be sure your game has at least something special going on in it.

I really wanted to like AoC myself, i've tried it out for 4 different times now. Fact is that FC doesn't release new content/patches fast enough. When they finally do release a patch, you'll have a huge amount of bugs demanding more downtime. When FC finally decides to do something about a problem, it will be like the stamina pot change, rash and unconvincing band-aid move. Instead of truly working on problems, they get postponed for later re-evaluation. This has been the case always.

• SporeDotSporeDot Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by Rawiz

14 years huh? 1st mmo?

Being kill stealed is probably more about of lack of players than anything else. Maybe gear doesn't mean much in AoC's easy dungeons, it however does bear a meaning in WoW. Groups prefer players who show some dedication, that's wrong apparently? 20min queues to dungeons... that's just a load of rubbish. Even as a DPS class you get in less than 10 mins, if  that's too long, play a healer or tank instead.

WoW has released The Sunwell Plateau, Malygos Lair, Obsidian Sanctum, (renewed Naxxramas), Ulduar, Trial of the Crusader, Icecrown Citadel, this is all raid content, released within 2 years. Your game still has barely released ANY NEW RAID CONTENT, in nearly 2 years now? So how's AoC's cross-server dungeons / minigames going? Not yet implemented? Yeah, that's pretty much the slogan of your game.

How are the sieges? How's that T3 coming, was supposed to be out before 2010 right? yeah, not gonna happen, is it? If you're gonna whine about another game, then be sure your game has at least something special going on in it.

I really wanted to like AoC myself, i've tried it out for 4 different times now. Fact is that FC doesn't release new content/patches fast enough. When they finally do release a patch, you'll have a huge amount of bugs demanding more downtime. When FC finally decides to do something about a problem, it will be like the stamina pot change, rash and unconvincing band-aid move. Instead of truly working on problems, they get postponed for later re-evaluation. This has been the case always.

To be honest, at this point, I believe AoC is mainly the money maker for FC to fund TSW. As soon as it turned bad and 3 months in when they announced they split the live team to half work on content, half work on an expansion (before things were fixed), as well as shortly after they started releasing more and more hype for TSW, not to mention they moved a chunk of the live AoC team to TSW, it was kind of obvious.

At least the client is working properly though - it's not really client problems the game has anymore. It's more bad implementation and unfinished features that will never be fixed when there is only a fraction of a team concentrating on everything the game has, and obviously features such as PvP are not a priority. So that means AoC could be a success in the fact that it proved to be a good beta test for the TSW client.

I'm just a sucker I guess because I see people on here occasionally hyping how much the game is improved and how its the best MMO out now, so I end up giving them more chances, lol.

I guess im a sucker again for also looking forward to TSW. I'm really going to be upset if they mess it up - so much potential, and they arent limited by an existing IP which should help them be able to concentrate on gameplay over lore. We wont see silly excuses as to why they cant implement things such as fast travel, lol.

I beg that FC takes their time with this one - I hope their mentioning of 12/21/2012 is a release date like rumored - although it's doubtful with their abundance of beta give away contests... which btw is scary as well.