Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

open beta huge tease

DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

So I downloaded the open beta last night, woke up this morning to play and i'm not allowed since they are fixing lag issues and going back to an older model of the game to solve this. 

Other than being a huge tease since I did want to try out the game, one question comes to mind. What the heck happened in closed beta? Why would they go through all this closed beta testing to come out with open beta only to shut down all servers for possibly a week because of lag issues. 

Comments

• TruethTrueth Member Posts: 287

Good question.

There is only one server though, and it was so laggy that leaving it up was probably doing more harm than good. Basically hatetrolls ammo..

• HeadBytorHeadBytor Member UncommonPosts: 93

Open betas are usually used to test the lag by not limiting the amount of players on.

basicly what happened was one faction raided the other and there was so much lag during the battle you couldn't fight well at all. just shooting and hoping your shots connected. its kind of a good thing the issue was discovered before the game went retail.

EDIT: oh yea, expect the maintenence to go past christmas.

• makerzyomakerzyo Member Posts: 40
    Originally posted by HeadBytor
    EDIT: oh yea, expect the maintenence to go past christmas.

That really sucks, I was hoping to play this game pretty hardcore while on Christmas break. I watched that whole 40 minute tutorial and got me pretty excited to play. 

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185

Yeah, I have to say I'm very excite to try this game out. Currently playing Darkfall, It's a badass game no doubt but after spending 3 years on Eve Online a little scifi will do me some good :)

• ApathyFOMApathyFOM Member Posts: 2

The Servers are now back up after maintenance.

• TruethTrueth Member Posts: 287

The lag is back too. I couldn't even check my storage this afternoon.