Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

will this be IT?

drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

anybody know if this game as been and is being design with dx11 in mind

will their server and network be using microsoft donnybrooks

these 2 things is what in truth matter because it smooth out the game so much it just cant be ignored

after that they can speak about game play etc all year long

but if 2010 dont have dx11 AND donnybrooks they better think very small market because no amount of wishfull thinking

will make a nice game as ff xiv play smooth with million and million of player unless its a pve mostly game

Comments

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900
    Originally posted by drbaltazar

these 2 things is what in truth matter because it smooth out the game so much it just cant be ignored
    but if 2010 dont have dx11 AND donnybrooks they better think very small market because no amount of wishfull thinking
    will make a nice game as ff xiv play smooth with million and million of player unless its a pve mostly game

Answered your own question right there.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Good job, this has to be the most absurd post that I have seen in these forums.

Man i liked these forums better when FFXIV was not in the top hyped games list. Being listed on that list brings all kind of clowns to the game boards. People who have no idea about a game just come and post random junk, just look at his last 6 words. Everyone who even slightly has looked into ffxiv knows its a PvE only game.

Dx11 and donnybrooks do not make a game. As long as its on good stable servers the game makes the game. Gameplay, and content is what makes an mmo. MMO's, always has been and always will be like that.  DX11 would be nice but its not a must.

Edit: btw I dont know what a donnybrooks is. I assume its a server by his comments. It doesnt matter if donnysbrook is a server sent from god, in which no one will ever loose conection or lag, if the game isnt worth playing  because lack of gameplay and content, then no one will log on the server to begin with.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• LambonLambon Member UncommonPosts: 47

donnybrooks is microsofts answer to 900 people on your screen without lag.

Would be somewhat cool to have that in FF14 but I don't really need to see it. Even if there is no lag, it is still very hectic..

• swalker23swalker23 Member Posts: 266
    Originally posted by toddze

Man i liked these forums better when FFXIV was not in the top hyped games list. Being listed on that list brings all kind of clowns to the game boards. People who have no idea about a game just come and post random junk, just look at his last 6 words. Everyone who even slightly has looked into ffxiv knows its a PvE only game.
    Dx11 and donnybrooks do not make a game. As long as its on good stable servers the game makes the game. Gameplay, and content is what makes an mmo. MMO's, always has been and always will be like that.  DX11 would be nice but its not a must.
    Edit: btw I dont know what a donnybrooks is. I assume its a server by his comments. It doesnt matter if donnysbrook is a server sent from god, in which no one will ever loose conection or lag, if the game isnt worth playing  because lack of gameplay and content, then no one will log on the server to begin with.

I know what you mean.  If he knew anything about FF14 or bothered to google up interview comments he would have found answers.  You could have googled about FFXI or XIV and could easily found that it is mostly PvE.  It was said they will use the newest version of DX when they beta test also they probably will use the latest server software when they beta test aswell.  Like Lambon said  those two things are nice to have but it is not going to be game breaking not to have them.

• AngorimAngorim Member Posts: 466

It's a valid fear that this game may be <Incredibly Tough>  though some of us fear it may be <Too weak to be worthwhile.>

Hopefully, the game will turn out to be the perfect <Even Match>

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

They use the DX that PS3 supports.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

The game may be "it" or the game may be sh"it", but what won't make a bit of difference in its success or failure  is the implementation of DX 11 and "donnybrooks"

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• trepotrepo Member Posts: 119

I was expecting a WoW killer thread lol

Anyway, FFXi never had problems managing lots of players on your screen (Jeuno's AH ?). I guess they can only improve it with FFXiV and it was actually very good 6 years ago.

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776

FYI: A donnybrook, as the rest of the world knows it, is a massive fight. Synonymous with a melee, line brawl, hoedown, royal rumble, battle royal, riot ...

For you FFXI people it would be like Besieged ... ... ... if Besieged was started by Naja tripping and spilling her Guinness on Gurfurlur the Menacing ...

Originally posted by trepo

Anyway, FFXi never had problems managing lots of players on your screen (Jeuno's AH ?). I guess they can only improve it with FFXiV and it was actually very good 6 years ago.

I'm gonna call zombie bullshit on that line. Back in the day you wouldn't go near the Lower Jueno AH on Asura you'd have 1000 people in zone lfp and standing at the AH. I know people who would lag out as soon as they hit the zone let alone go near the AH or MH. Thanks to that I found the Ru"nuu Gardens AH and was able to get in and out of jeuno quickly. The only reason that stopped was everyone pitched their tents in front of the Aht Urgah AH.

• Zandora2018Zandora2018 Member Posts: 240

I can see far far far down the road it having DX11 .. As of right now only one VC even has DX11. FFXIV will do well because it is a FF game and alot of ppl will play. I know am wating for it myself.

Played Aoc/DDO/FFXI/WAR / LoTRo / CO / Aion
    Playing Rift

Waiting for FFXIV to be the game it should. so sad =(

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

maybe you love 5vs 5 INSTANCED gameplay or graphic so low(because server cant handle traffic and no microsoft donnybrooks to compensate.

but as for for me and lot of other massive multiplayer (not just multiplayer has they are today)i got to say dx11 and donnybrook

are a game maker.it change the dynamic of the game a lot

and what couldnt be made last year can be done with these 2 technology

maybe you love 5vs 5 INSTANCED gameplay or graphic so low(because server cant handle traffic and no microsoft donnybrooks to compensate.
    but as for for me and lot of other massive multiplayer (not just multiplayer has they are today)i got to say dx11 and donnybrook

I think I will speak for most people here. Try playing FFXI first and remember that the game was made for the playstation 2. You come off as a troll who just wants to rip on a game that 95% of game specs are not even public yet because how dare a game that has been in development for 4 years not use the standards you want it to. Unless that is exactly what you mean then in that case go away. So go play and come on back ... oh yeah ... and grammar ...

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Lot of other? I have never seen anyone else say that donnybrooks and DX11 was more important gameplay. Age of Conan was once hyped because of its visuals and DX10 support, which was a new thing for mmorpgs back then. Look how well it's doing well.

So not using donnybrooks means 5 vs 5 instanced gameplay? How about you actually learn a thing or two about mmorpgs before making such ignorant statements?

• zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969

ignorant trolls....gotta love um.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

There are plenty of other servers that will allow for seamless worlds. I am not saying donnybrooks is bad or anything, you are just completly missing the point of an MMO. It does not matter what type of server your playing on (within reason), it doesnt matter if the games graphics are 20 years ahead of the standard. If the game sucks no one will play it, that means your great server and your amazing graphics are worthless, thus those two will always be 2nd to gameplay and content.

The awwwwwwwwwwwwwww factor of graphics always wears off. When I first loged into AoC, I was blown away, but after a month of playing it was nothing special anymore. Especially since the meat of the game was awfull.

Again graphics are the iceing on the cake. If the cake is cow crap no one is going to eat it.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by ic0n67

FYI: A donnybrook, as the rest of the world knows it, is a massive fight. Synonymous with a melee, line brawl, hoedown, royal rumble, battle royal, riot ...
    For you FFXI people it would be like Besieged ... ... ... if Besieged was started by Naja tripping and spilling her Guinness on Gurfurlur the Menacing ...

Naja... ><

I think her wandering into some location, far from the safety of Whitegate, would result in a rumble just from the number of people wanting to kick her ass and shove that club of hers up her... well... somewhere it probably wouldn't feel good. Though then again... who knows.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops