Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Non-Troll Trial Account Review!

2»

Comments

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Originally posted by HitechLolife

You guys are playing the game wrong. The true joy in this game is in scouring through trash. I spend most of my time in game going from scrap heap to scrap heap on my motorcycle (custom built from said scrap heaps).
    That said, sure the combat is clunky and unpolished but it is still fun in it's own way. The addition of hitboxes is something new and it's satisfying being rewarded for headshots in an MMO. Particularly with a scoped rifle. It's no CoD4 by any means but it's still more fun than playing yet another autotarget faceroller (I play them too, don't get me wrong.).
    Crafting is really integral to enjoying this game. You find yourself enjoying combat more after you worked hard to put that scope on your gun or are gleefully mowing down mutants that stand in your way of more precious scrap heaps. If you focus on giving building your character the best equipment possible or a sweet looking ride the game becomes exciting. Best part is it's all within your power to get it - you aren't reliant on rare drops or raid invites. You go out and master the junkyard.

I play all my games that way.. Vanguard I made all my equipment myself ( made a nice profit off other players too ) , EQ2 same , WoW same..ect. The only one of those games that kept me playing longer than a month was WoW ( kept going back to the others and playing a month every now and then ). Like I said.. It takes more than just crafting to keep me interested and probably other people too.

Going from resrouce to resource gets boring after awhile and is probably a reason why I have toned down my MMO gaming habit.

If FE ever gets its combat in order and actually develops a decent tutorial then I may be back to try it again.

• ZorkenZorken Member UncommonPosts: 54

Me and two friends have been playing this trail for about four days when it died on us. it was some what fun at start, two of us had played it in beta and wanted to check it out again. we did solo our way the first two levels and then started to group. heres where we started to go meh over the game questing was not much fun as a group. it was alot of waiting on others to finish there (please pick up x item) quest.

and then the next bomb that really killed the game was crafting yes crafting. dont get me wrong the crafting was great fun running around finding materials and all that. but my friend who had been crafter from start, now he had been playing ahead of us some levels because we had irl stuff. he had been crafting us other two a full set of armor and weapon for our level, did take him some time to do this.

and now he was gona give us all the goods AND no. you can not trade with other players that is on a trail account. so thats what killed the trail for us my friend was standing there with all that equipment and could not give it to us. not even active account player are allowed to trade with a trail account.

Benjamin Franklin wrote the best quote to use for MMOs in development.
    Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

• BroomyBroomy Member UncommonPosts: 487
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

Originally posted by Broomy

Get a new script fanboi, your little monlogue is getting old.

Develop some perspective. Your extremism is trite. You really have no idea what a fanboi is do you?

Everyone has their own definition of a fanboi so I'm not going to argue about that.  Just sayin....your little diatribe is getting old.  Get over it, get a clue and if you don't like anyone saying anything negative about FE, don't come to MMORPG.com, stay on the FE forums.  Pretty much like we are told over and over, if we don't like the game, then leave.  We did.  So now it's your turn, leave these forums and go party with the bois over at the official game forums where you can all agree to agree. 

Now I'm an "extremist"?  LMAO.  Its always something isnt' it?  Sorry but I'll say it again...FE has some major issues and shouldn't be charging full price for a subpar game.  Combat, pathing, group content, tech support, all lacking and that's just the start.  I liked the game, not saying I won't try it at some point in the future, but those issues are real and I'm not cutting any slack when I'm being charged that kind of money.   Now if that's exxagerating, being extremist, dramatic, blah blah blah, that's too bad. 

Current Games: WOW, EVE Online

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601

Get a new script fanboi, your little monlogue is getting old.

Develop some perspective. Your extremism is trite. You really have no idea what a fanboi is do you?

Everyone has their own definition of a fanboi so I'm not going to argue about that.  Just sayin....your little diatribe is getting old.  Get over it, get a clue and if you don't like anyone saying anything negative about FE, don't come to MMORPG.com, stay on the FE forums.  Pretty much like we are told over and over, if we don't like the game, then leave.  We did.  So now it's your turn, leave these forums and go party with the bois over at the official game forums where you can all agree to agree. 

Now I'm an "extremist"?  LMAO.  Its always something isnt' it?  Sorry but I'll say it again...FE has some major issues and shouldn't be charging full price for a subpar game.  Combat, pathing, group content, tech support, all lacking and that's just the start.  I liked the game, not saying I won't try it at some point in the future, but those issues are real and I'm not cutting any slack when I'm being charged that kind of money.   Now if that's exxagerating, being extremist, dramatic, blah blah blah, that's too bad. 

I've been playing this game since the end of September off and on (can never stick with one game solid ).  I haven't experienced any of the problems you've described, neither has my brother nor the two friends we got into the game.  Combat was fine - only rubber banded a bit, never seen any pathing issue problem, I discovered two bugs told gms, they responded two me within two minutes, heck one of them responded to me before I had even finished typing the message just because she had seen me talking about in help - the support is good, beyond any game I've ever played.  Group content is a little meh.  FPS is normally over 120, drops to 20 for a few seconds in bigger towns, then back up to 60+.

So do those problems exist - yes, I've seen enough talk on help and on forums for it.  But based on my issues and the issue of people I've associated with and the number of posts on forums - when compared with other games, even the big boys, there is nothing wrong with the way they have handled it.  Same issues with about the same frequency as the so called triple A games.

So yes most people are just exaggerating, probably because they are annoyed with something which throws their perspective off.

Venge Sunsoar

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055
    Originally posted by HitechLolife

You guys are playing the game wrong. The true joy in this game is in scouring through trash. I spend most of my time in game going from scrap heap to scrap heap on my motorcycle (custom built from said scrap heaps).
    That said, sure the combat is clunky and unpolished but it is still fun in it's own way. The addition of hitboxes is something new and it's satisfying being rewarded for headshots in an MMO. Particularly with a scoped rifle. It's no CoD4 by any means but it's still more fun than playing yet another autotarget faceroller (I play them too, don't get me wrong.).
    Crafting is really integral to enjoying this game. You find yourself enjoying combat more after you worked hard to put that scope on your gun or are gleefully mowing down mutants that stand in your way of more precious scrap heaps. If you focus on giving building your character the best equipment possible or a sweet looking ride the game becomes exciting. Best part is it's all within your power to get it - you aren't reliant on rare drops or raid invites. You go out and master the junkyard.

The red part is going in the sig.

Fallen Earth - more fun than playing yet another autotarget faceroller

I love it!

Thanks HiTech!

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• Rev52Rev52 Member Posts: 14

So I should not be critical of a game because its an indy game? Maybe I do owe an apology cause obviously since the indy game cant hang with the "big boys" it certainly is not going to charge the same amount per month then amirite? This game is garbage and I expressed my opinion about it and why. you can say you did not exp the same on your computer but whatever. it was lag or ping or any other sorry excuse other then poor game function. Read the damn title to this thread guys.  If my review made you mad too bad. This game is horrid and I hope my review saved just one person the time of trying yet another fail of a game.

You can think im angry all you want  but in the end I just voiced my opinion. Im not the one trying to start the age argument over the interweb nor am I getting my panties in a bunch looking at someones profile for info.  I apologize for making ppl upset that this game sucks.

• RespitRespit Member Posts: 770
    Originally posted by Michiel

Why do people who barely played the game in question always have the obsessive need to review it?

I wouldn't say it was a review, but a first impression.

To the OP, glad you have had a favorable first impression with the released game. Let's hope it only gets better.

Personally, I like the game myself but I have my own issues with it. But I see no need in hijacking your thread to voice those concerns.

Now, if you had asked for discussion, I would be more than happy to voice my own opinions. But since you didn't, thanks for your opinions, and feel free to keep them coming.

DarkFall FAQ - Read then Question with Boldness

• Originally posted by Zorken

Me and two friends have been playing this trail for about four days when it died on us. it was some what fun at start, two of us had played it in beta and wanted to check it out again. we did solo our way the first two levels and then started to group. heres where we started to go meh over the game questing was not much fun as a group. it was alot of waiting on others to finish there (please pick up x item) quest.
    and then the next bomb that really killed the game was crafting yes crafting. dont get me wrong the crafting was great fun running around finding materials and all that. but my friend who had been crafter from start, now he had been playing ahead of us some levels because we had irl stuff. he had been crafting us other two a full set of armor and weapon for our level, did take him some time to do this.
    and now he was gona give us all the goods AND no. you can not trade with other players that is on a trail account. so thats what killed the trail for us my friend was standing there with all that equipment and could not give it to us. not even active account player are allowed to trade with a trail account.

Come on man this is the way a lot of trials work nowadays.  This is clearly a very appropriate control on RMT.  I have no horse in this race but anyone who declines to buy a game they like because the trial has RMT controls is a little whacked in the head.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

I thought you moved on because the game wasn't your type of game and you were having problems with the loader.

Honestly, get over it and move on.

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

Granted I left the game after a few days but not because i didn't enjoy it. My pos comp just cold do barely 7fps hich was unplayable if i got near other people. If I was exploring S1 and killing mobs it was actually an enjoyable game and on those rare times i could move in town most of the people I met were polite so all in all a decent game i would be playing if my comp could handle it.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

I played the trial, I only lasted a couple days then stopped logging in and uninstalled it. It doesn't hit me off, something quite not right about the game, it feels like a budge game (like Anarchy Online) but gives somewhat a Tabula Rasa atmosphere (I miss that game). I'm still on the search for a decent MMO game, I still like City of Heroes but I'm so burnt out on that game and the mission architect patch made it less fun.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

I agree with the OP and I feel like the trial hurts FE just as much as it might help it. If you are used to polished games (they should be after all) then it is going to be hard to pick this one up. The animations seem to be done by amateurs. (esp. the jump and prone strafing ones) For someone that has enjoyed Fallout3 can't be offered much that FE has other than its tradeskilling considering both are geared toward singleplayer. I just hope FE can retain enough players and can make a lot of improvements in the near future.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by Michiel

Why do people who barely played the game in question always have the obsessive need to review it?

Because they are capturing the "first taste" of a game that gets others to get that first taste as well. I never trust a review from long-time players, and the reasoning should be obvious.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• RealmLordsRealmLords Member Posts: 358

Fits with what I've heard from others.  I'm glad to see an Indie dev pull off a decent launch.  More competition and diversification in the MMORPG genre is good for players.  Not everyone likes Brand-X (whatever that may be).

Ken

www.ActionMMORPG.com
    One man, a small pile of money, and the screwball idea of a DIY Indie MMORPG? Yep, that's him. ~sigh~

• Rev52Rev52 Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by Rev52

So I should not be critical of a game because its an indy game? Maybe I do owe an apology cause obviously since the indy game cant hang with the "big boys" it certainly is not going to charge the same amount per month then amirite? This game is garbage and I expressed my opinion about it and why. you can say you did not exp the same on your computer but whatever. it was lag or ping or any other sorry excuse other then poor game function. Read the damn title to this thread guys.  If my review made you mad too bad. This game is horrid and I hope my review saved just one person the time of trying yet another fail of a game.

You can think im angry all you want  but in the end I just voiced my opinion. Im not the one trying to start the age argument over the interweb nor am I getting my panties in a bunch looking at someones profile for info.  I apologize for making ppl upset that this game sucks.

There's a difference between being critical and being so over the top that it's just bitching for bitching's sake. The game is far from perfect but it's fun for those who like it. It's not horrid, garbage, or fail and it doesn't suck. It needs work. All games need work. This one may need more work than many but less than others. To people who enjoy it it's worth the subscription to those that don't it isn't. Just like every other game. I agree with some of the things you said but the way you express yourself overshadows any content in your post. If you don't understand why you can't compare a game with a thirty million dollar budget and months into launch to one with a hundred million dollars spent on development and five years after launch there's no point explaining it to you. Welcome to the real world where if you bring mostly insults  to the table people who don't agree with you are going to dismiss your post for what it is, useless bitching.

I already stated that I was trolling...although what I said is true this game is bad. Bad in a straight to DvD Pauly Shore movie way. I actually thought I misread the website when I started to play and dismissed it as open beta. That was the only reason it got 3 hours out of me. Then Someone brought up how horrid it was in chat and some guy stated that all games need work and this just came out blah blah. This is not good enough and ppl should demand better product. if you do not like my posts don't read them.  The ONLY good thing about this game is the fact that at no time is your CC info asked for when DLing and trying this game out. Its too bad though I thought the concept was cool.

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246

Nice review but sorry it still fails.  Trial is not enough experience in the game to give it a fair and honest review.  New things in the game open up in S2 and then S3 is what FE is all about(PvP).

If you ever come back to give the game an actual chance, message someone in Wolves of War and we'd be happy to help you out. ^^