Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NASA space MMO demo due early 2010

bhugbhug Member UncommonPosts: 944

NASA's space MMO Astronaut: Moon, Mars and Beyond (started developing this year) expects to release a demo (moonbase alpha) early 2010 through Steam.

Comments

• pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550
    Originally posted by bhug

NASA's space MMO Astronaut: Moon, Mars and Beyond (started developing this year) expects to release a demo (moonbase alpha) early 2010 through Steam.

All I can say about the whole MMO universe in general is, "Houston, there has been a problem... for a very, long, long time."

• zehamberglarzehamberglar Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Originally posted by pencilrick

Originally posted by bhug

All I can say about the whole MMO universe in general is, "Houston, there has been a problem... for a very, long, long time."

DOH! You're so clever!

• bhugbhug Member UncommonPosts: 944

The website has posted a date 7 July for Moonbase Alpha to come out.

There is also a one min 480p video trailer you can see.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

I can hear it now. One of the first complaints is going to be about the lack of character customisation. And why is everyone bunny hopping.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • OscillateOscillate Member UncommonPosts: 239

Originally posted by pencilrick
    Originally posted by bhug 9.12.19

LOL you said it bro.

(Akiraosc)

• JoliustJoliust Member Posts: 1,329

I can see it now.
    "How do I take off?"

"Oh it's easy, you just check your fuel levels, look at your electric output for possible signs of failure, check the outside of the ship for damage, double check.... etc, get buddy in control room to start countdown, and hit launch button"

Sent me an email if you want me to mail you some pizza rolls.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

WoW Clone!

• bhugbhug Member UncommonPosts: 944

It's been avail since the 6th through steam.
    "Join an exploration team in a futuristic 3D settlement on the south pole of the Moon.
    Returning from a research expedition, you witness a meteoroid impact that cripples the life support capability of the settlement.
    With precious minutes ticking away, you and your team must repair and replace equipment in order to restore the oxygen production to the settlement,"

NASA said the game is designed to 'engage and educate students about agency technologies, job opportunities and the future of space exploration.'

Moonbase Alpha can be played by one or up to six players. NASA said it is a precursor to a planned NASA-based "multiplayer online game project."

Minimum System Requirements

• Win XP SP3
    • 2.0+ GHZ Single Core Processor
    • 2GB of System RAM
    • NVIDIA 7000-series or ATI Radeon X1900 Video Card
    • 2GB of Free Hard Drive Space
    • DirectX 9.0c

Recommended System Requirements

• Win XP SP3 / Vista / Windows 7
    • 2.4+ GHz Dual Core Processor
    • 4+ GB of System RAM
    • NVIDIA 9000+ or ATI Radeon 3600+ Video Card
    • 5.0 GB of Free Hard Drive Space
    • DirectX 9.0c for XP/Vista
    • DirectX 10 for Windows 7

pdf game manual

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

It's actually cool, incredible how a game doesn't need pew pew pew to be fun, though gameplay is quite limited at this point :P

• kenibogkenibog Member Posts: 5

Yeah too limited. After you explore the moon, what next? explore planets 1 by 1 then move to the next galaxy? I think this game needs more brainstorming in order for it to become a good game.