Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone from P2P games that got into this?

2»

Comments

• DrakkhenDrakkhen Member Posts: 195

Atlanticas alright, but I found Sword of the New World to be heads and shoulders better.

Sadly though, SotNW is run by K2Network ... and they are EVIL!

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

I played it until I found out about the licenses (mine expired), and how they are a monthly fee in disguise to provide you with the most basic tools for gameplay, and that's just the basic expense as you have 9823984 different boxes to spend your money cassino-like, plus all the other stuff available.

With that I concluded that the game would have to be way better than a P2P to provide so many limitations based on budget, but this is not the case. And by not using the item mall, these limitations made a game that would have to be better than a P2P into something way less fun than a P2P for me.

That's just my opinion though, you could do fine if you don't have the same thoughts I described, as I didn't run into any other issues other than the cost and benefit (paying way above the basic $15 isn't what I'm looking forward when we're talking about in-game advantages rather than solid content to compensate the extra cost, I play to earn not pay to earn and don't feel confortable when that option is so widely available, it's not the kind of environment and community I seek) compared to the P2P subscription format.

• MyreanMyrean Member Posts: 186
    Originally posted by EricDanie

I played it until I found out about the licenses (mine expired), and how they are a monthly fee in disguise to provide you with the most basic tools for gameplay, and that's just the basic expense as you have 9823984 different boxes to spend your money cassino-like, plus all the other stuff available.
    With that I concluded that the game would have to be way better than a P2P to provide so many limitations based on budget, but this is not the case. And by not using the item mall, these limitations made a game that would have to be better than a P2P into something way less fun than a P2P for me.
    That's just my opinion though, you could do fine if you don't have the same thoughts I described, as I didn't run into any other issues other than the cost and benefit (paying way above the basic $15 isn't what I'm looking forward when we're talking about in-game advantages rather than solid content to compensate the extra cost, I play to earn not pay to earn and don't feel confortable when that option is so widely available, it's not the kind of environment and community I seek) compared to the P2P subscription format.

It's alright, we all have a choice and preference in the game... and for me I was comfortable playing this game because honestly I don't need to spend to much in the game, All depends on you if you want to play a P2p game rather than f2p.... the most important is you enjoy what you are playing.... the advantage of f2p is that is was just easy to change new game.

Originally posted by Lienhart

....I wish somebody told me how screwed up the market was and how item mall dependant this game was.

Well now, yeah.. because they started to put the Druid item in the IM. This Acong's Stuffer is very  expensive but it's to risky because its random but you can still get good items like mounts,costumes and etcg including the fruid item..

• AtlanticanXAtlanticanX Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by haelikoth

if you're going to come from a P2P, most, if not all F2P will look like crap. obviously they dont have the budget for a polished game. while the graphics look crappy most of the time, the good side is most F2P games try to make up with interesting game play and variation. you have WoW, Aion, Lineage etc all having the same medieval feel, but most of their graphics and gameplay style in the same. enter the world of F2P and you'll side-scrollers, space combat sims, mmos with emphasis on pets, heck even a golf mmo, aside from your run of the mill medieval setting game.
    so basically, if you focus more on graphics, F2P most likely aint for you. if graphics is just secondary, F2P games have a lot to offer.

It's interesting how we hear this from an Atlantica Online Customer Service Representative.

Sorry, But you happen to be wrong on every aspect. F2P has all of the gameplay elements/style that you mentioned. You only mentioned the "mainstream" P2P games. If you look around you'll see that there are many P2P MMOs out there that go beyond the traditional fantasy MMO genre. You seem to forget that games like EVE online, Star wars Galaxies, Matrix Online, City of heroes (soon star trek online) and other variations of MMOs exists. Granted that Sports MMOs that go P2P will never go too well considering that people can play pangya , tiger woods 2XXX for free online and most sports games are lobby-game based.

As for the differences in graphics. It always depends on the developers and what their intended artstyle is supposed to be. You can never say p2p = better graphics. Korea has alot of F2P /Item mall games that have superb graphical quality but most of them have "warcraft-clone-itis" but with worse grinds and cut-and-paste gameplay. Atlantica online wasn't the first MMO to adopt the turn based system. There were older mmos that used a turn based scheme too like, TS Online (F2P), and The Realm (P2P)

We've come to a point where graphics and gameplay are not deciding factors anymore for an issue between p2p and f2p considering the item mall microtransaction scheme is now a valid and popular means of generating income.

The only real difference between (other than it being one is free and one isn't) F2P and P2P is that with P2P, everyone gets equal treatment while in F2P those who want to play simply for the sake of playing don't have to pay for extras while the hardcore competitive types have more options to boost their experience with exp buffs and extra items and armor.

That aside, I came from a P2P game and  Yeah,I love Atlantica Online and I would play it even if it were P2P if that would ensure more rapid content delivery.

Originally posted by AtlanticanX

Originally posted by haelikoth

if you're going to come from a P2P, most, if not all F2P will look like crap. obviously they dont have the budget for a polished game. while the graphics look crappy most of the time, the good side is most F2P games try to make up with interesting game play and variation. you have WoW, Aion, Lineage etc all having the same medieval feel, but most of their graphics and gameplay style in the same. enter the world of F2P and you'll side-scrollers, space combat sims, mmos with emphasis on pets, heck even a golf mmo, aside from your run of the mill medieval setting game.
    so basically, if you focus more on graphics, F2P most likely aint for you. if graphics is just secondary, F2P games have a lot to offer.

It's interesting how we hear this from an Atlantica Online Customer Service Representative.

Sorry, But you happen to be wrong on every aspect. F2P has all of the gameplay elements/style that you mentioned. You only mentioned the "mainstream" P2P games. If you look around you'll see that there are many P2P MMOs out there that go beyond the traditional fantasy MMO genre. You seem to forget that games like EVE online, Star wars Galaxies, Matrix Online, City of heroes (soon star trek online) and other variations of MMOs exists. Granted that Sports MMOs that go P2P will never go too well considering that people can play pangya , tiger woods 2XXX for free online and most sports games are lobby-game based.

As for the differences in graphics. It always depends on the developers and what their intended artstyle is supposed to be. You can never say p2p = better graphics. Korea has alot of F2P /Item mall games that have superb graphical quality but most of them have "warcraft-clone-itis" but with worse grinds and cut-and-paste gameplay. Atlantica online wasn't the first MMO to adopt the turn based system. There were older mmos that used a turn based scheme too like, TS Online (F2P), and The Realm (P2P)

We've come to a point where graphics and gameplay are not deciding factors anymore for an issue between p2p and f2p considering the item mall microtransaction scheme is now a valid and popular means of generating income.

The only real difference between (other than it being one is free and one isn't) F2P and P2P is that with P2P, everyone gets equal treatment while in F2P those who want to play simply for the sake of playing don't have to pay for extras while the hardcore competitive types have more options to boost their experience with exp buffs and extra items and armor.

That aside, I came from a P2P game and  Yeah,I love Atlantica Online and I would play it even if it were P2P if that would ensure more rapid content delivery.

^

Nice post, Well me too I still paly Atlantica Online ifthat's happen, actually there ae lots of unique features of this game that i like... even if some othe players always QQ on the item mall, I can't blame them but they should understand that it's the only way to gain a profit in the game...

• VizwikVizwik Member UncommonPosts: 5

I played WoW since its conception. I had fun with it and all...but i just got tired of it. I still have my accounts..so i can always go back if i so choose.

Atlantica Online has turn-based combat, so i wasnt sure i was gonna like it that much. But i have been having a blast with this game. Its really refreshing to have a different style combat. The game gets very challenging in higher levels. There is SO MUCH to this game its really unbelievable that its f2p. The world is HUGE, and it has a large and well implemented crafting system. I definately recommend this game to anyone..dont think because its f2p it wont be up to par.

• I have been a player of Atlantica Online for over a year now. Just had my one year Birthday this month. The game is on a downward spiral lately, because of some tweaking they have been doing to the in game currency system, pretty much they are grinding money making to a halt forcing players to turn to the item mall to make money and advance in level. They have decreased the drop rate of armor boxes with every new patch, and increased the rarity of new items. They old time player base if flipping out and many are leaving. New players may enjoy paying 200 mil for once piece of armor, when it takes weeks to make that much, and each of your 8 mercs wear five pieces of armor each. they have also decreased the amount of money that the mobs drop, as well as boxes, and crafting items.  It has become a long tedious boring grind, with little to no rewards, and the new community coordinator is pretty much a joke, as none of the complaints or suggestions given to him ever get implemented, and players are told to eat it when they do complain. They are also implementing new policys with uneven box distribution that are going to have higher level players at each others throats soon.  I would suggest going with a new game, one where you can actually have some fun and enjoyment in your game.

Originally posted by Vizwik

I played WoW since its conception. I had fun with it and all...but i just got tired of it. I still have my accounts..so i can always go back if i so choose.
    Atlantica Online has turn-based combat, so i wasnt sure i was gonna like it that much. But i have been having a blast with this game. Its really refreshing to have a different style combat. The game gets very challenging in higher levels. There is SO MUCH to this game its really unbelievable that its f2p. The world is HUGE, and it has a large and well implemented crafting system. I definately recommend this game to anyone..dont think because its f2p it wont be up to par.

Agree,  you can't imagine that this game is actually a f2p ...  there's a lot of the features of the game that was differ from other and the graphics is like a p2p..What I love about this game is  the pvp system, kinda very challenging , you really need a lot of strategies because your not only controlling 1 merc but 9 merc including your main...

• lm8darklm8dark Member Posts: 281

Yeah.. the turn-based system is the real attraction here. I've played several mmos before both p2p and f2p but all just hack and slash games.  I really love the combat system for AO... For me it is very Innovative for an online game.

Originally posted by lm8dark

Yeah.. the turn-based system is the real attraction here. I've played several mmos before both p2p and f2p but all just hack and slash games.  I really love the combat system for AO... For me it is very Innovative for an online game.

Hahah me too. I've started playing mmo like Flyff which is a hack and slash, so i got interested with AO when I first saw it... :)

• lm8darklm8dark Member Posts: 281

I hope that AO makes it as a strong mmo. It's hard to find a good turn based mmo now. mostly its just rpgs. Im a fan of single player rpgs and all but the community makes it so much better.

• uhjpaeuhjpae Member Posts: 165

I really love Atlantica Online! Sometimes I wish that it's P2P so it will be more balance and the developers will take more care of the game.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

in my journeys through the f2p world adding multiple games to my resume. This is truly ONE of the most fun to play. def worth a try.