Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is anyone else having this problem?

MattMassacreMattMassacre Member Posts: 182

Well I decided to try out the 10 day free trial on this game and I'm having a problem with the updater. The game downloads within about 5 minutes and then when I get to the updater it goes at about... 2kb/s....yeah. Insane right? At some point it said 326 days till it's done.... yeah UHHH a year? So now I'm wondering.... WTF is going on? Is anyone else having this problem? I mean I really want to try out this game but there's got to be something wrong here. Anyone got any suggestions?

Comments

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

The topic below this one is already about this "issue"

I wonder how long did you wait, was it like hourse that it stayed at a 1 year count?

Often with what ever download for me it can start with a insane amount of time that drops pretty quick into a more satisfying time download.

Also you might want to check your firewall settings, perhaps there is a bottleneck there somewhere, I would nt advice turning it down, but simply check if FE has full acces to your system in regards of lines open for it to download, I noticed my firewall didn't give acces right away and I had to manually open the ports which did hte job for me.

• twiggy550twiggy550 Member UncommonPosts: 492

Oh man. I've been waiting all day to bitch about this! So I downloaded the game the other night right? 12+ hours for a 600 mb game! That's insane. Actually to be honest, it didn't finish until 11 am today, which is still ludicrous as it ran all night.

Oh well, I'm content at least... Got to try the game out.

"IRL is a pretty upstanding MMO with thousands of classes, a lot of PvP and even some pretty unique emotes and titles you can acquire. Explore that world first, then we'll talk about this virtual one."

• MattMassacreMattMassacre Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by Reklaw

The topic below this one is already about this "issue"

I wonder how long did you wait, was it like hourse that it stayed at a 1 year count?
    Often with what ever download for me it can start with a insane amount of time that drops pretty quick into a more satisfying time download.
    Also you might want to check your firewall settings, perhaps there is a bottleneck there somewhere, I would nt advice turning it down, but simply check if FE has full acces to your system in regards of lines open for it to download, I noticed my firewall didn't give acces right away and I had to manually open the ports which did hte job for me.

Ah alrighty. I'll have to let it sit here overnight and see what happens. Hopefully It'll download quicker than a year. Oh well If it doesn't I'll find something else. Thanks for your help.

• MattMassacreMattMassacre Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by twiggy550

Oh man. I've been waiting all day to bitch about this! So I downloaded the game the other night right? 12+ hours for a 600 mb game! That's insane. Actually to be honest, it didn't finish until 11 am today, which is still ludicrous as it ran all night.
    Oh well, I'm content at least... Got to try the game out.

Yeah I have to try this game out too. Just a whole year to download?! The timer shouldn't even go that high. Oh well hopefully I can eventually get into this game and see what it is that makes it so fun to people.

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

Have you resolved this issue yet?

If so try these suggestions:

forums.fallenearth.com/fallenearth/showthread.php

or

forums.fallenearth.com/fallenearth/showthread.php

I used the suggestion in the second link when I was having problems and it worked well for me.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!