Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's with the power mad community managers in MO?

randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Anything that doesn't agree with their personal opinions (but are fine as far as the rules go) gets deleted, or you get banned. Why has starvault hired fascists as their community managers? That makes me a sad panda.

Comments

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

If you elaborate on what happened, perhaps we can discuss it. Till then it's kind of random :)

• colutrcolutr Member Posts: 333
    Originally posted by randomt

Anything that doesn't agree with their personal opinions (but are fine as far as the rules go) gets deleted, or you get banned. Why has starvault hired fascists as their community managers? That makes me a sad panda.

So you got reprimanded for trolling? 9/10 times they ban people for trolling and flamebaiting. It's one thing to have legitimate criticisms, its another thing to start insulting people and stir up forum wars. To often people tread the line between legitimate claims and trolling and its the jobs of the forum moderators to modearate the forums.

That last 1/10 time they could be wrong but most often its not over something worthwhile.

• smokefinsmokefin Member Posts: 48

It's a well run community imho, i'm beta tester of MO, (crayton) forum handle. If you compare Age of conan community to MO, it's a huge difference, aoc mods are very aggressive about all negativity. In MO forums you can post negative threads, if you keep the trolling to a minimum.

So i call bullshit on your opinions.

Cool cat

• MO.MrWinterMO.MrWinter Member Posts: 25

Can you give some backup to your claims?

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by MO.MrWinter

Just look at page 3 and beyond on their forums.  Lots and lots of locked threads that are just people asking simple questions.  It has always been MO policy to lock threads instead of taking the time to create a well organized layout for people to get their questions answered.  I don't know what the OP's threads were so I won't claim they are innocent, but I have been around their forums, for 9 months and I can tell you that to some degree the OP is right.  

However, it is MO's forum so I don't really hold their " nazi " style against them. 

• Cristina1Cristina1 Member UncommonPosts: 372

why were there some posts deleted from this thread?

• MO.MrWinterMO.MrWinter Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by thinktank001

Just look at page 3 and beyond on their forums.  Lots and lots of locked threads that are just people asking simple questions.  It has always been MO policy to lock threads instead of taking the time to create a well organized layout for people to get their questions answered.  I don't know what the OP's threads were so I won't claim they are innocent, but I have been around their forums, for 9 months and I can tell you that to some degree the OP is right.  

However, it is MO's forum so I don't really hold their " nazi " style against them. 

That's the idea, simple questions can usually be found with a simple search, meaning they're duplicates. Cluttering the forums up with the same question just knocks off topics that actually need discussion.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

I have to agree, the mods as well as much of the community are a pain in the arse to communicate with.  "Use the Search" seems to be the mantra over there, and negativity is rebuked regularly.

I visited earlier there this year and decided for the most part its a fanboi paradise and let them have it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

•  I made one negative post on the forums which went along the lines of;

"Shame the rest of the game isn't as good as the video suggests, but the graphics are okay."

Post deleted and an infraction given. 

• Lord_IxiganLord_Ixigan Member Posts: 548

That's the idea, simple questions can usually be found with a simple search, meaning they're duplicates. Cluttering the forums up with the same question just knocks off topics that actually need discussion.

^^^^^^^

Oh and OP you're trolling up something fierce, either intentionally or through  your own ignorance. The MO forums are run PROFESSIONALLY with moderators who are....moderate. Threads that are locked are because lazy people didn't take the time to either read a faq or use the search function. When people keep posting the same question the mods just ban them for not getting the hint.

Whenever I see a legitimate concern or a question that has not been answered multiple times brought up in a reasonable manner I always see responses. Sometimes even from the devs themselves. The fact that you're claiming all they do is lock threads just shows you're trolling or extremely ignorant, I'm guessing the former.

TL:DR - If you post something in the wrong forum, it'll either get locked or moved. If you keep posting in the wrong forum, they'll probably ban you. If you troll, they'll ban you. If you flame excessively, they'll ban you. If you ask a question a million times like a spoiled brat to get an answer, they'll ban you.

The MO forum mods are the best mods I have ever seen, imho.

• Originally posted by Lord_Ixigan

^^^^^^^

Oh and OP you're trolling up something fierce, either intentionally or through  your own ignorance. The MO forums are run PROFESSIONALLY with moderators who are....moderate. Threads that are locked are because lazy people didn't take the time to either read a faq or use the search function. When people keep posting the same question the mods just ban them for not getting the hint.

Whenever I see a legitimate concern or a question that has not been answered multiple times brought up in a reasonable manner I always see responses. Sometimes even from the devs themselves. The fact that you're claiming all they do is lock threads just shows you're trolling or extremely ignorant, I'm guessing the former.

TL:DR - If you post something in the wrong forum, it'll either get locked or moved. If you keep posting in the wrong forum, they'll probably ban you. If you troll, they'll ban you. If you flame excessively, they'll ban you. If you ask a question a million times like a spoiled brat to get an answer, they'll ban you.

lmfao faboi to the max. 

• marmotomarmoto Member CommonPosts: 101
    Originally posted by xTwiSteDx

Originally posted by Lord_Ixigan

^^^^^^^

lmfao faboi to the max. 

IMHO, i only see posts locked when there is way too much spam or when there are questions already answered.

so, lmfao troll to the max... lol...

• SikgamerSikgamer Member Posts: 77
    Originally posted by xTwiSteDx

Originally posted by Lord_Ixigan

^^^^^^^

lmfao faboi to the max. 

Good job proving you're a bad troll.

If you're not going to back up your claims of 'bad moderation' and make immature one-liner responses to a balanced argument, you aren't worth talking to and your opinion is void.

Also, fanboi is a word that 8 year old MMO newbies use. MO is for the veterans and mature, kids like you should stay out and go back to CS:S or CoD.

/thread.

Unique upcoming indie space-based mining and combat game - Miner Wars.
    http://www.minerwars.com/?aid=191

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

The mods run a wide range.. some are good.. some are horrid.  One disturbing pattern is that they tend to put a final post with their personal opinion and THEN lock the thread, which is really poor behavior.  If they are moderating a thread it should not be done in the same post they are voicing their opinion in.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

MO has ONE community manager and half a dozen voluenteer mods.

They basically lock/delete anything that gets reported by readers more than twice.

• Player_420Player_420 Member Posts: 686

why keep the thread alive? he obviusly has NO backup to his claims and hasent responded

I play all ghame