Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Listen up Mythic you wanna give 10 Free Days...

Then don't ask me for my credit card information before you give them to me.

Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

Comments

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

Unlimited Tier 1 doesnt ask for a CC, at least it didnt when I did it.

• lareslocilaresloci Member UncommonPosts: 373

Well I received an email today: "Re-Enlistment Campaign" Click here... I proceeded and was asked for credit card info.

Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

Just go through the link on their website. I wouldnt sign up for anything "free" that asked for a CC.

• Dan256Dan256 Member Posts: 26

But this is apparently a new recruitment campaign, not the endless free trial.

I haven't tried this yet, but I'm currently downloading the client again.

This is for past subscribers to play for ten days on their old accounts with no level restrictions.

I, too, am not very happy they require credit info just to try it again for free. I'm sure they're hoping a certain percentage will forget to cancel the recurring subscription after trying.

In the end, it'll be a couple of annoying hoops to jump through, if it turns out I don't like it enough to re-subcribe.

I can't think of a good reason they'd need it for a 10 day trial like this.

I always feel like I'm taking a bit of risk when I trumpet my credit account information on the internet, even when I'm reasonably sure the site is safe. I'm willing to take that risk, if the reward is tempting enough, but I'm rather annoyed if there's added risk when there need not be.

• lareslocilaresloci Member UncommonPosts: 373

Well gives us the low down Dano as soon as you try it again. I won't give them my credit card info. for the 10 trial. Forget that.

• twiggy550twiggy550 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Originally posted by laresloci

Well gives us the low down Dano as soon as you try it again. I won't give them my credit card info. for the 10 trial. Forget that.

I've already done it. They ask for your CC card because they hope you'll play longer than the 10 day trial and that way you go back onto a normal sub-routine. I gave them my CC info and played for a couple days and when I wasn't impressed with the changes, I cancelled. Simple as that.

"IRL is a pretty upstanding MMO with thousands of classes, a lot of PvP and even some pretty unique emotes and titles you can acquire. Explore that world first, then we'll talk about this virtual one."

• ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665

meh who cares if you need ot give em your CC number, paranoid much?

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • Dan256Dan256 Member Posts: 26

Well, I submitted my credit card info and gave it a try tonight. Had to transfer my toons to another server. That was easy enough.

Logged on and felt like a fish out of water - I haven't played in ten months. They have a quest line that helps you re-adjust to your surroundings; I thought that was a nice touch.

I've only played an hour or two since back, but I really feel lost.

My bank account is full, I was doing crafting, and I have all that material taking up space and no desire to sort through it now. So, that's all mucked up. I don't remember how to craft; I assume it's probably changed anyway; and it'll probably take me a full ten days to figure out what to do with all that crap.

I need to respec my character, all his spec points were returned; but I don't have a clue what to spec now, I'll have to read up on that; and I'm sure that will take a good ten days or so before I'm comfortable with my spec. and my role in RVR.

Another thing, I had used a dozen or so modifications to the user interface, and they are all obsolete now. I'll need to update those and read up on any new ones. That's another 10 days of messing around.

It doesn't feel like ten days will be enough time to even get started here. A thirty day trial might get me up to speed on things; ten days will just leave me feeling overwhelmed, I think.

Anyway, for now, I'll look up a cookie cutter spec on the internet, use that, and see if I can play without downloading UI enhancements; and just ignore my inventory problems for the week; and see if the game has improved enough for me to bother with the rest of that crap.

I did notice that there were two full warbands in Teir 3 I could have joined tonight, but I didn't feel ready for that. It was very encouraging to see the opportunity was there though.

I'll give RVR a go tomorrow night.

• jadoncjadonc Member Posts: 136

Create a totally new WAR account so that you are not subject to a 10 day limit and you don't have to use a CC.

If you use an existing retail account, then yes you are limited to 10 days and have to enter a CC.

• SalvatorisSalvatoris Member Posts: 1,360

Even worse... this is only for players who quit more than 90 days ago.... even though it hasn't really been that long since their short-sighted drastic changes ruined the game.

I happily paid for 3 accounts for me and my two boys for over a year, until the T4 changes left the game hopelessly broken.  With the removal of forts from the T4 battle, we were left with all city siege, all the time.  Since population imbalance is also a huge issue, that mean we were defending Altdorf (unsuccessfully) every single day on Iron Rock.  All the rest of T4 was left sitting empty with no action other than constantly being rolled in the stupid little city map.  When there was any action in T4 it was basically just people doing one of two things.... Running from zone to zone hoping to get in on a flip, or camping the zone that currently looked closest to flocking down waiting for the bonus.  neither of those ended up being much fun, and they were certainly not very rewarding.

After seeing that the latest maintenance mode patch was supposed to have addressed those issues, I decided I would take them up on the offer to return for 10 days only to find out that i wasn't eligible for the free trial because I had only let my account expire two months ago, rather than three.  I think I can safely say I am done dealing with Mythic at this point.  these incompetent morons consistently seem to make matters worse when they try to salvage the train-wreck that they created by changing the nature of the game a few months before launch just to rush it out the door faster. :/