Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Money....

TruethTrueth Member Posts: 287

What the heck do I do with it??

I've got about $100k. I've got all the armor and weapons I need, spare clothes too and I don't want an apartment. So now what? I'm in a faction that is more combat oriented, so if the answer is 'there is nothing else to do with your money' I won't throw a tantrum, BUT it makes me fearful for the game's longevity and population. What about that mining guild or people that are naturally craft/money oriented?  If their objectives are all about producing things, selling then and turning a profit, but there is nothing to actually use the money for....well, wouldn't that be a problem?  I actually think I might have started off with too much money. It might have been around $20k. Way too much for a newbie character. Maybe I got that much because it's open beta? A full wipe, slower xp and lower money payouts wouldn't hurt my feelings.

I'm trying to thnk of things that could be a viable money sink. The only thing I can think of that makes sense and would be cool is player run store-fronts. Busier, safer cities would cost more than outer colonies. I guess that would mean a store front in NYC would cost the most. Maybe plastic surgery too - Pay money to get a /respec on your appearance.  What else?

PS - I'm still having a ball and the chat system still sucks, we need multiple tabs NOW..,

Comments

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

If you have money, then you have neither spent your time in battle, nor bought any of the production modules that allow you to craft. I for one am broke as a joke, I was as a merc, and I really am now while in the BoS and at war with everybody and they mammy. Whenever I get paid out from the faction credits for universal ones it always ends up paying for clones, ammo and new gear once I wear out the old stuff - I have yet been able to afford a single p mod either, I can't make crap.

You need to tell me your secret.... but then again, I'm sure it involved tons of boring-ass mining objectives and reluctance to spend the rewards. I made nearly 30k FC during a loooong raid on a colony in a huge group while doing special objectives, but the payout was junk because we are at war.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• TruethTrueth Member Posts: 287

On the contrary. I have multiple production modules for crafting, a city apartment, plenty of armor and a plethora of weapons with ammo. BTW, I am BoS, so avoiding combat isn't an option. Please don't discredit yourself by assuming that just because I've been successful with game money that I'm doing something wrong, not doing pvp, saving it all or anything else.....

The point remains - The game doesn't have enough money sinks. I'm sitting on a mountain of cash with nothing to spend it on.

Um, I'm a BoS too, and we are at war, and we got people that have to drop out of battle all the time because they ran out of clones and money, unable to risk a permadeath. You obviously are doing something that most of us others aren't. I get tons of FC, but it amounts to crap payouts, and then crap for supply. i can't understand how you must have done it without avoiding battle.

• TruethTrueth Member Posts: 287
    Originally posted by GTwander

You obviously are doing something that most of us others aren't.

I sell things across a wide market. Including, but not limited to LED/FDC supplies. You'd be suprised at how fast they gobble up rubber bullets and cocoa. Just because you don't have a lot of money doesn't mean other people don't. When the war ends and you've saved up some cash maybe I'll see you wondering what to do with it all.

...and then I'll tell you that you must be skipping some things.   

Seriously. You don't need to try and make me wrong. I like the game. You don' tneed to  tear me down to prop up FoM. For those of us who have been BoS well before the war, or for those others who have amassed large amounts of money because of the war - There isn't a lot to spend it on.

Originally posted by Trueth 

You don' tneed to  tear me down to prop up FoM.

Now you're tripping. People tend to read into things however they want, but this instance is pretty lame.