Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A first for me, i don't like what Blizz did here!

ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

I am talking about the human start zone around Northshire abbey. This for me has always been one of the better start areas, but now they have changed the defias in the area to 'yellow' so they do not aggro and personally i think that is a huge mistake. I speak for this zone as it is the only start zone i checked out and although i know the "easy mode" crowd will jump in on this, i am just a little uncomfortable with this particular change.

It may seem like a small change and it sounds like a petty complaint, but this is where you picked up your first taste of how aggro works and handling multiple targets which is a pretty important thing to learn as you move on with your character.

Loving 3.3 overall and to many starting another character this change is probably a nice thing as it is a quick mode through the initial 5 levels, but with the influx of new players due with the expansion i do feel it has been a step in the wrong direction.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992

Easy mode is a plague, sweeping across all of gaming. If the game company thinks one customer might drop the game at any level because they feel it is too hard, the game gets dumbed down. Puzzles become simpler or are removed; quest objectives and mobs are made easier.

WoW is not alone in this though, it is endemic in gaming, especially MMO's. The only hope I see is that if enough people say that it is making for a crap game, then maybe the MMO companies will stop this process. Currently they see it as increasing the subscription base while all current players do is complain but live with it. Until they get the idea players are leaving this will just go on and on.

• KnightcryKnightcry Member Posts: 168

What has kept me and my wife from returning is the fact they never leave anything alone. Dumbing the game down is a huge issue. The game wasn't that difficult to begin with but since the casuals couldn't compete gear wise they made it easier for them. Now it's to the point where they have made it easy for the casuals and have moved on to make it easy for my 10 year old.

Another thing that gets to me is the class "rebalancing" that happens every other week. Up 15% dmg down 30%, you can't spam this but can spam that. There was rumors and videos a while back about a developer named Kalgan who was apart of the destruction of UO. The class he played always got buffed and the ones that beat him got nerfed. I'm not sure if this was true or not but someone supposedly from the guild he was in overheard a convo between him and his gf or wife about hunters fearing his druid. The next update the instant cast was removed from ptr and later nerfed.  If it is true maybe it is the dev team that just sucks at playing?

• ChlodwigChlodwig Member Posts: 150
    Originally posted by Knightcry

What has kept me and my wife from returning is the fact they never leave anything alone. Dumbing the game down is a huge issue. The game wasn't that difficult to begin with but since the casuals couldn't compete gear wise they made it easier for them. Now it's to the point where they have made it easy for the casuals and have moved on to make it easy for my 10 year old.
    Another thing that gets to me is the class "rebalancing" that happens every other week. Up 15% dmg down 30%, you can't spam this but can spam that. There was rumors and videos a while back about a developer named Kalgan who was apart of the destruction of UO. The class he played always got buffed and the ones that beat him got nerfed. I'm not sure if this was true or not but someone supposedly from the guild he was in overheard a convo between him and his gf or wife about hunters fearing his druid. The next update the instant cast was removed from ptr and later nerfed.  If it is true maybe it is the dev team that just sucks at playing?

It's rare that devs are amongst the best players of a game. I had my share of game development and in no game I was part in I was any good. The reason is quite simple: The same why you cannot beat a security system you yourself set up. You test it against every possible angle you could think of and make sure it's not failing. The same applies to games, their mechanic and AI: You set them up and make sure that it's offering you a good challenge. Then comes the first beta tester and sweeps the floor with your boss with a hand tied to his back.

And yes, dumbing leveling down is a VERY big issue, in WoW as much as in any game but it tends to show most in WoW. The new LFG tool might convince more people to spend some more time in groups before they "have to", but when you meet a Paladin at level 50ish and he has no idea what sigils are (or however they're called in English), in other words, when a player doesn't even know his OWN class and its capabilities, you know that something is wrong. How the heck did he get this far?

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Originally posted by Chlodwig
    but when you meet a Paladin at level 50ish and he has no idea what sigils are (or however they're called in English), in other words, when a player doesn't even know his OWN class and its capabilities, you know that something is wrong. How the heck did he get this far?

Sorry, did lol at this a bit, couldn't figure whether you were being sarcastic or a genuine mistake? Sigils are DK specific and as such are not available until at least L55 :))

On your point though, i like the idea of the new LFG because some people at L80 have no idea how to behave or what a lot of the group 'speak' is either, so the lower people start to group and get used to the dynamics of group play the better it is for the game as a whole as far as i can see.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.