Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coming back maybe?

Crusix221Crusix221 Member UncommonPosts: 100

I typically come back to Vanguard every holiday season, its just tradition but im wondering if my money is best spent else where this year. Anyone got suggestion on what I should do? I love the game and I think its the best MMO i've played but I really need something with a community

Comments

• WispyWispy Member UncommonPosts: 51

A game isn't a lifelong commitment for me, so I've played a few.  I've gotten a good year out of Vanguard, thanks to exploring the starting areas and quests for different races (only six so far), and will probably be around for a few months yet.

As for a game of similar quality and a large player community, I dunno, have you heard of World of Warcraft?  It's not too bad, and there's a lot to do.  Age of Conan and Lord of the Rings Online do a great job of bringing their respective worlds alive, but by that same token, being tied to an existing IP makes their worlds feel rather restricted and they run out of steam fast.  Anarchy Online was my first MMO, and I can still remember its world vividly, but an aged engine, clunky early-era mechanics and a similarly shrunken player community reduce its draw now (though I'll probably go back when the promised graphics upgrade happens).  I put in my time with City of Heroes and EVE Online too, but largely soloing just wasn't much fun there.  Everquest II has a large community and a lot to do, but it's a bit too sugary and twee for my tastes.

Not much in development that I'm looking forward to, aside from (cautiously) The Secret World.

Have you played Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion?  An amazing game, even if there's no multiplayer component to it.

• SoludeSolude Member UncommonPosts: 691

Play EQ2 on Antonia Bayle, then when you get tired of fighting over MOBs with the community... play on Crushbone or Mistmoore =)